Combat Guide - Sara Sword Special

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?p ... #skillcape

Click on that link. It says that the Saradomin Sword special only hits a magical attack of 5-16 damage, but the the Saradomin Sword in the Tip.it item directory says it can hit 5-25 damage (Used to at least, then a mod changed the right information to wrong info, so they BOTH are wrong now), so the combat guide one is wrong.

Link to Tip.it item database: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=7094

EDIT AGAIN: Now both of them say 5-16 damage, and if you mods would PLEASE read all the posts below, there is clearly sufficient evidence proving what I have said, that the magical attack of the Saradomin Sword special attack does indeed have a max of 25, not 16.

Big_Stingman.png

Hello.

I already made a correction, but forgot to post it ( :oops: )

After consulting with owners, the highest any of them had ever hit was 16 with magic. In addition, previously the combat guide had 5-15 as the maximum, but a correction was inputted for 5-16 and was accompanied by a proof-shot. Therefore, I decided that the combat guide was likely correct, and altered the item db to read the same.

If anyone could confirm or prove that the maximum with magic is above 16, a screenshot of it would be greatly appreciated! :)

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

OOh!

I see what you mean now.

The MELEE part of the attack can hit much higher than the magic, up to 25 and higher. The MAGIC part of the attack(which is 8 in the picture) has a much lower max, of around 16 or so.

Since this attack is two-parts, to make a definite conclusion either way we'd need a hit of two numbers of 17 or higher ;).

Thanks a lot for taking the time!

:D

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Well if you want to go about it that way. With my current strength level, and the equipment I am wearing, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to hit over a 24, so where did the 25 come from? Also, the damage counter which is the magic attack is probably always in the same spot, right? Well, look at mine, the 25 is on the bottom, and when you look at the CURRENT picture you have posted in the combat guide, it has 20 on top, therefore how can it be a max of 16? You might now say that it is 20, but I think that I have given enough evidence to prove otherwise...and if you really want to, I will go into Help and Advice forum, and ask for people to post pictures of highest possible saradomin swords' hits.

Big_Stingman.png

Yeah, I assume that that is your melee on top, which further confirms that my damage on the bottom is the magic part of the attack.

tryto, you say that my 25 is the melee part of the attack. But we know for sure the mage cannot hit 34, thus we can deduce that the TOP part of the attack is melee, making my 25 on the bottom the magic part.

Big_Stingman.png

Im pretty sure that magic xp is given based on what you hit with the magical attack? Thats one way to test it.

Edit : Here is my data. This confirms that the bottom attack is in fact magical.

Strength XP : 5,712,714

Magic XP : 8,105,703

HP XP : 8,356,888

Strength Level : 90

Magic Level : 94

Strength Bonus : 105

Magic Attack : -9

Slash Attack : 104

Super Strength and Piety Used

Top hit : 11

Bottom hit : 16 

Strength XP After : 5,712,758

Magic XP After : 8,105,735

HP XP After : 8,356,924

Strength Diff : 44 [4 xp per hit]

Magic Diff : 32 [2 xp per hit, magical attack]

HP Diff : 36 [1.33 per hit] 

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Well, if you guys would listen to me, I have already proved it. Let's break it down.

1. First and formost, my strength level (77) with using a helm of neitiznot, saradomin sword, amulet of fury, dragon gauntlets from Fog, and Dragon boots, it is only possible for me to hit a maximum of 24 according to the tip.it max damage calculator.

2. Look at the current picture on the combat guide of the saradomin sword, you can see that the character is hitting 20 damage on top, and 8 on the bottom. Then look at my picture, I am hitting an 8 on top, and 25 on bottom. And if you look at the picture that BloodArgon submitted, he is hitting 34 damage on top, so that has to be melee, as it is impossible to hit a 34 with magic on the ss. In turn, damage has been hit OVER 16 on both damage counters, top and bottom, so the maximum damage has to be more than 16, it is 25.

*sigh* I am becoming extremely frustrated with this... The fact that I cannot hit a 25 with my strength level and bonus should be enough that the 25 being hit in the picture HAS to be from the magic part of the special attack.

Big_Stingman.png

Yes, raw hit is 24.

But throw prayer into the equation, or potion, and your point is ruined.

But, even still, I provided hard evidence to help with this point, that the bottom number is in fact the magical hit, which re-enforces your point, and removes the doubt I just stated.

blood_argon.gif

Yes, raw hit is 24.

But, even still, I provided hard evidence to help with this point, that the bottom number is in fact the magical hit, which re-enforces your point, and removes the doubt I just stated.

Thank you very much! ::'

Plus, you can look at my other points that prove that the magic has to be higher than 16, as I hit a 25 on the bottom of the special, and the picture tip.it has on their combat guide has 20 on the top. Therefore, whichever one it was, even without your evidence (Whiche basically makes this whole thing concrete though, thanks :geek: ), it is higher than 16.

Big_Stingman.png

Yes, raw hit is 24.

Plus, you can look at my other points that prove that the magic has to be higher than 16, as I hit a 25 on the bottom of the special, and the picture tip.it has on their combat guide has 20 on the top. Therefore, whichever one it was, even without your evidence (Whiche basically makes this whole thing concrete though, thanks :geek: ), it is higher than 16.

I have looked in there before, and I know its wrong.

Iv always been under the assumption that both hits were magical, this is a first for me; seeing they are both melee.

blood_argon.gif

Yes, raw hit is 24.

Iv always been under the assumption that both hits were magical, this is a first for me; seeing they are both melee.

I don't think they are both melee, only one is melee, and one is magical.

Big_Stingman.png

*Sigh*

Ok seriously, I am trying not to be rude about this, but is anyone going to change the information? I mean, there is CLEARY plenty of evidence proving that the magical special attack can hit up to 25.

Please give it some time. Someone who knows something about the subject will edit it when possible, you can't expect it done within 4hours of the last post.

1.png
generic_signature.png

saradominswordspeclw5.png

There it has part of the attack hitting 30. This helps my theory, as it is more likely to have melee attacks increase with the usual indicators.

I am still yet to see both parts of the spec hit over 16.

Is it so impossible for the placement of the orders of the attacks to be vertically random?

Stingman: This will not be updated with unproven information, which is why it is taking so long.

2153_s.gif

userbar_full.png

Yes, raw hit is 24.

I don't think they are both melee, only one is melee, and one is magical.

Thats what I meant to say :oops:

I thought they were both melee, and they are really mixed.

blood_argon.gif

Whoa...I just came across some very controversial information!

5-60 damage!? :shock:

http://www.zybez.net/items.php?id=4729& ... nsword.htm

5-25 (This is what I think, but Idk now that there is so much information contradicting each other)

http://www.runehq.com/database.php?type=item&id=004034

Up to 75?!!

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/itemdb/V ... temID=2324

Good ol' Tip.it 5-16 (EDIT: I guess tip.it changed it to 5-18)

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=7094

Does anyone know how any of these other websites came up with their numbers, I mean 75? That's just insane...Could the magical attack be based off of your magic level? After looking at all this, I don't really know WHAT to believe, what do you guys think?

saradominswordspeclw5.png

There it has part of the attack hitting 30. This helps my theory, as it is more likely to have melee attacks increase with the usual indicators.

I am still yet to see both parts of the spec hit over 16.

Is it so impossible for the placement of the orders of the attacks to be vertically random?

Stingman: This will not be updated with unproven information, which is why it is taking so long.

Based on the above information, for all we know that 30 could be the magic.

It seems as though no one has complete concrete evidence to what the max of the special is, but the code that BloodArgon showed seems to show that the bottom number is magical, although I would suggest more tests to see if the bottom damage counter is ALWAYS magic. Based off the code, that bottom number is magic, actually helping MY theory more, not yours, but more tests need to happen and record the difference in xp.

Big_Stingman.png

• 4 weeks later...
~Bump~

What do you guys think about the post above? Who is right?

And by the way, the combat guide still says 5-16, and the tip.it database now says 5-18...

Just wondering, which one is considered right in tip.it's eyes? The combat guide says 5-16, and the item database says 5-18.

Big_Stingman.png

Listen, it doesn't matter where the higher number is (on top or bottom) because as you can see, in the picture that Tryto submitted, the higher number (30) is on the bottom, but you're saying that the higher number is on top, but I HIGHLY doubt the magical attack can hit a 30. As of now, we don't know for sure what the highest hit is. We don't care what other fan sites say, 'cause what if they're wrong also? Until we see a picture that CLEARLY shows that both hits are above 16 (Say, 27 for the melee hit, and say 17 for the magic, as an example), then we will NOT update it with false imformation.

Big_Stingman, when you took that picture, were you dosed, had prayer, or weren't completely sure of everything you were wielding? Because maybe you were and you can hit higher than the Max hit calc says. Also, please remember that the Max hit calc isn't completely accurate, so don't go swearing by it, k?

We appreciate you wanting to help, but unless you have ABCOLUTE CONCRETE proof, don't go saying stuff that noone else is sure of.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

Listen, it doesn't matter where the higher number is (on top or bottom) because as you can see, in the picture that Tryto submitted, the higher number (30) is on the bottom, but you're saying that the higher number is on top, but I HIGHLY doubt the magical attack can hit a 30. As of now, we don't know for sure what the highest hit is. We don't care what other fan sites say, 'cause what if they're wrong also? Until we see a picture that CLEARLY shows that both hits are above 16 (Say, 27 for the melee hit, and say 17 for the magic, as an example), then we will NOT update it with false imformation.

Big_Stingman, when you took that picture, were you dosed, had prayer, or weren't completely sure of everything you were wielding? Because maybe you were and you can hit higher than the Max hit calc says. Also, please remember that the Max hit calc isn't completely accurate, so don't go swearing by it, k?

We appreciate you wanting to help, but unless you have ABCOLUTE CONCRETE proof, don't go saying stuff that noone else is sure of.

I never said anything about "the higher number being on top"...All I said is that I think the magic number is on the bottom. And to answer your question, no I had no pray, potions, etc. I have increased my strength level now, but at the time my max hit with the setup I was wearing was 24. If you did read the entire thread, if you look at your magic xp before and after each special, you can see how much xp you get, thus determining which damage was the magical attack (bottom or top). Like you said though, this does need further research, which I am looking into.

Big_Stingman.png

What I meant was the melee being on top, not higher number, my fault. And good, if you can get pictures, it'd help.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

What I meant was the melee being on top, not higher number, my fault. And good, if you can get pictures, it'd help.

If you read the code that another player put somewhere on this thread it proves that melee is on top.

Probably won't be back on forums until Friday earliest, so have a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it ::'). I'll check back sometime this weekend.

\' ~MERRY CHRISTMAS~ \'

Big_Stingman.png