Construction 5-50

OmidSan

Normal logs until oak larders (level 33, I believe) then oak larders onward for fast experience. Don't buy oak planks on the G.E., just go make them yourself. Saves you more than 100% of the price :D by only paying 250 each.

Also, if you want to be really cheap, go get lots of limestone, use a chisel on it to make bricks, then make fireplaces. Incredibly cheap, but you get very little experience from it, so not unless you happen to be a complete penny-pincher is this method worthwhile.

Be sure to glance at the Tip.it construction guide to see what level and what lectern you need for the type of tab you want to make! Different models of lectern allow for different spell tabs to be produced. The first one's at level 40, which gives you the varrock teletab and the enchant sapphire spelltab.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Make whatever you can until you can make oak larders, then make those until 50. It's amazingly fast exp, I got 30+ levels in a few hours that way. It's also fairly cheap, unless you buy the planks of the GE or something instead of making your own. I personally bought oak logs and made a lot of planks, used the ones I needed and sold the extras back and lost almost no money.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Sorry to pop your bubble, but Gilded Altar will require a minimum of 69 Construction, unless you're feeling lucky with the Evil Stew, which I never am.

Carved Oak Tables and Oak Larders. It honestly doesn't matter what you make before that because until then cost isn't very significant.

Sorry to pop your bubble, but Gilded Altar will require a minimum of 69 Construction, unless you're feeling lucky with the Evil Stew, which I never am.

Carved Oak Tables and Oak Larders. It honestly doesn't matter what you make before that because until then cost isn't very significant.

What he said ^, only regular altar is level 50. Use a butler, and clay hammer, then just make larders/armour stands if you have 85 smithing or 1600 cw tickets.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

K so i do normal logs till 33

then oak larders till 50?

And buy oaks and planks and make larders myself?

o.o

how much is this gonna cost lol...

Ive been trying to save up for veracs too.

And which one is it where u can make BTP tabs?

That means i have to sell whip

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

Or run the logs yourself. Takes more time, but like I said above, saves 400-250=150 gp PER OAK PLANK. +crappy woodcutting experience, too!

Basically, you'll need about 600 normal planks * 100 gp/plank if done yourself = 60,000 gp in normal planks. Or with normals you can pick up spawns around the world if you're so inclined. Generally faster to go to sawmill.

If you buy them from the GE, they'll be 200 gp each. That's 120,000 gp to level 33.

Don't forget the nails! It's variable how many you'll break, and you can smith them yourself. If not, buy them from the GE - they're incredibly cheap.

From level 33 to level 50, you'll need about 1,400 oak planks. At 250 each, these will cost you 350,000 gp if you run them yourself.

If you buy them from the GE, they'll be 400 each. That will be 560,000 gp instead if you do it like that.

(remember, oak planks and above don't need nails, so don't go overboard with 20k nails or anything silly like that)

Unfortunately, for the BTP tab, you'll need a Mahogany Eagle Lectern, which you don't get until level 67 construction :wall:

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Or run the logs yourself. Takes more time, but like I said above, saves 400-250=150 gp PER OAK PLANK. +crappy woodcutting experience, too!

Basically, you'll need about 600 normal planks * 100 gp/plank if done yourself = 60,000 gp in normal planks. Or with normals you can pick up spawns around the world if you're so inclined. Generally faster to go to sawmill.

If you buy them from the GE, they'll be 200 gp each. That's 120,000 gp to level 33.

Don't forget the nails! It's variable how many you'll break, and you can smith them yourself. If not, buy them from the GE - they're incredibly cheap.

From level 33 to level 50, you'll need about 1,400 oak planks. At 250 each, these will cost you 350,000 gp if you run them yourself.

If you buy them from the GE, they'll be 400 each. That will be 560,000 gp instead if you do it like that.

(remember, oak planks and above don't need nails, so don't go overboard with 20k nails or anything silly like that)

Unfortunately, for the BTP tab, you'll need a Mahogany Eagle Lectern, which you don't get until level 67 construction :wall:

o wow..... 67 con -.- .....

But thanks for that info. I think i'll hold off on my aviansies and run barrows trips and green drag trips and clean my bank to get some money together.

If you're a real tight-[wagon] go to Keldagrim and run limestone.

Dont forget to use the Morphic Tool HAMMER from Stealing Creations to help.

wtf? Sorry i only have like 60k in my bank and 3.5m in items lol

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

o wow..... 67 con -.- .....

But thanks for that info. I think i'll hold off on my aviansies and run barrows trips and green drag trips and clean my bank to get some money together.

If you're a real tight-[wagon] go to Keldagrim and run limestone.

Dont forget to use the Morphic Tool HAMMER from Stealing Creations to help.

wtf? Sorry i only have like 60k in my bank and 3.5m in items lol

The new minigame, Stealing Creations reward. Buy it with your points.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

The whole tight-wad limestone thing refers to the fact that limestone bricks (along with molten glass, soft clay, steel bars and regular planks) are one of the items for construction that can be obtained for free.

It's possible to grind with limestone, simply building fireplaces over and over, but it's much much slower. Really, you might as well use the extra time from oak planking to earn back the money - it will still be faster than limestone.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

The whole tight-wad limestone thing refers to the fact that limestone bricks (along with molten glass, soft clay, steel bars and regular planks) are one of the items for construction that can be obtained for free.

It's possible to grind with limestone, simply building fireplaces over and over, but it's much much slower. Really, you might as well use the extra time from oak planking to earn back the money - it will still be faster than limestone.

I already have massive points, gonna do dt then go get about 28 morphic tools then do nonstop con and then recharge when needed.

Instead of doing limestone and saving a couple of coins i guess i'll do oak planking but im still kinda confused on it...

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

I already have massive points, gonna do dt then go get about 28 morphic tools then do nonstop con and then recharge when needed.

Instead of doing limestone and saving a couple of coins i guess i'll do oak planking but im still kinda confused on it...

From 5-50 cons i doubt you'l ned more than 5 morpic hammers, and thats a high estimate. I didn't even use 1 charge on my hammer from 58-60 cons, which was around 500 oak planks.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

What points are you still confused upon?

The idea behind oak planks is that each one gives 60 experience in construction. It doesn't matter what it's used for, or whether what you're building requires 2 oak planks or 8, you always get 60 experience PER PLANK USED. Simple. Oak larders are suggested because they use eight planks each, which means less clicking per trip (inventory of 24 oak planks + hammer + saw = either three oak larders or twelve oak chairs. The larders are faster because you only have to build 3 (six clicks) instead of twelve (24 clicks).)

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Just confused about how i should start...

So do i wc my own oaks or buy em?

Then buy planks right?

and make into larders or oak planks?

:S...

Woodcut the planks to save money, buy them straight from the G.E. to save time. Up to you. About a 75% price markup if you buy straight from G.E.

If you wc them, there are oak trees right next to the sawmill east of Varrock. Equip an axe, bring lots of cash, and just run up, cut them, exchange them for planks, then run them back to the bank.

Lol, you take the planks to your player-owned house portal, enter in building mode, and use them to build things. Oak larders are a buildable item in the kitchen, available at level 33, that are just efficient because they take very little time to build.

But first, you'll need to get up to a level where you can use oak planks! So bring along a bunch of nails and regular planks at first, until you've leveled up to 19, at which point you can scrap the regular planks and nails and build oak chairs in your parlor instead. Oak planks, as mentioned above, need no nails.

From 19-33, build oak chairs (then later oak armchairs). Once you get to 33, just keep on using oak planks to rebuild the larder in the kitchen.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Kellis, please, stop telling Omid to run his oak planks. :wall:

The amount of time you use doing it is not good.

You can make back the amount of money just by running Butterfly jars in nardah.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Kellis, please, stop telling Omid to run his oak planks. :wall:

The amount of time you use doing it is not good.

You can make back the amount of money just by running Butterfly jars in nardah.

Hey Ray, some people don't mind spending some extra time instead of buying everything straight off the GE. Besides, as I showed in calculations before, it does save money. Sometimes people prefer longer, cheaper measures over the short and expensive ones.

Aren't you the one always claiming that powertraining is nub? :roll:

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Yea but in my house I've almost made everything I want.

How else do I make my construction grow higher?

I've remade my house once. :oops:

And yeah sometimes I do prefer longer, cheaper measures, but where is the possible way that construction makes money? Nowhere. It saves money - even though you can use other peoples houses to do those things.

Trust me, I tried to do 1500 oak planks and got well bored after the tiring 500 i did.

Since (If i remember correctly) Omid is a new member (I think thats right - might be someone else though) and probably doesnt have 40/52 summoning to make a bullant or terrorbird for the uber speed they make running things.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

:-s Maybe I'm just boring then - I really don't mind the trekking back and forth.

Anyway, Omidsan, it's up to you. If you'd rather just buy them off the GE and use the time saved to earn back the extra you paid, you can do that. Or, if you dislike the money-earning methods (which I admit can also get somewhat repetitive :roll: go figure), then just run them. Take your pick. In any case, planks to 19, oak planks all the way to 50 and beyond.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png