what do u rekon is teh most useless skill out there?

go2guy

In my opinion we have to look at this in the terms of "If you took out any skill, which would least affect the gameplay?" and the answer to that is Runecrafting. Runecrafting is nothing more than another way to make money, and there are already better methods of making money than Runecrafting.

So disregarding quests, seeing as all skills are required for quests, essentially nothing would be changed with the removal of runecrafting, and the same can't be said for any other skill.

The average IQ of tip.it members dropped 170 points today.

Runecrafters make (almost) ALL THE RUNES IN RUNESCAPE. Without Runecrafting there would be no magic skill. -.-

No, I think your IQ dropped 170 points today. There is an unlimited amount of runes in Runescape, because there are shops that sell them, also before Runecrafting - people obtained runes via monster drops. So while the price of runes will simply go up a bit, nothing else would change.

Honestly, think before you reply next time.

Natures are 372 gp at the shop.

Note the price of natures. 372 is ~140 gp HIGHER then the street price with runecrafting.

Do you not realize how this would affect the economy? MILLIONS of alcs are taking place EACH DAY. They were mostly mined and runecrafted resulting in 0 money to get a nature rune. They do cost money though but NO money goes out of the economy and the economy gets money. 20.9 MILLION natures were traded in the GE this last day. We can assume thats 20.9 MILLION alcs every day. If we have to buy natures at 372, taking 372 gp out of the economy (remember making nats takes nothing from the economy), that adds up to 7.7 BILLION taken from the pockets of players all across runescape EVERY DAY. Take a month where 637.2 million were sold on the GE thats over 2.27 TRILLION out of the pockets of players every month resulting in a MAJOR crash in the economy.

I recommend you go on www.forlol.com and get inspired.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note the price of natures. 372 is ~140 gp HIGHER then the street price with runecrafting.

Do you not realize how this would affect the economy? MILLIONS of alcs are taking place EACH DAY. They were mostly mined and runecrafted resulting in 0 money to get a nature rune. They do cost money though but NO money goes out of the economy and the economy gets money. 20.9 MILLION natures were traded in the GE this last day. We can assume thats 20.9 MILLION alcs every day. If we have to buy natures at 372, taking 372 gp out of the economy (remember making nats takes nothing from the economy), that adds up to 7.7 BILLION taken from the pockets of players all across runescape EVERY DAY. Take a month where 637.2 million were sold on the GE thats over 2.27 TRILLION out of the pockets of players every month resulting in a MAJOR crash in the economy.

I recommend you go on http://www.forlol.com and get inspired.

I suggest you enlighten yourself on the subject of ''opportunity cost'' and see why your logic is flawed. Without Runecrafting, the price of nats would go up to around 300-325, and the amount of money leaving the game on a daily basis wouldn't be that much different than it is today - thus no 'MAJOR' crash in the economy.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I recommend you go on http://www.forlol.com and get inspired.

I suggest you enlighten yourself on the subject of ''opportunity cost'' and see why your logic is flawed. Without Runecrafting, the price of nats would go up to around 300-325, and the amount of money leaving the game on a daily basis wouldn't be that much different than it is today - thus no 'MAJOR' crash in the economy.

Are you making up your statistics? Yes, yes you are. Did you not read fully my statement? No I don't think you did. It takes 0 gp total to mine and craft a nature. Where it takes 372 to buy one from a shop. Are you saying Jagex will lower the prices? They wont. Do you realize that I could bring out up to 20 billion disappearing from this economy without runecrafting every day? Probably much more.

Re-work your stats and tell my why the price would go to 300-325. Don't say monster drops.

Jagex doesn't lower prices when players whine.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Are you making up your statistics? Yes, yes you are. Did you not read fully my statement? No I don't think you did. It takes 0 gp total to mine and craft a nature. Where it takes 372 to buy one from a shop. Are you saying Jagex will lower the prices? They wont. Do you realize that I could bring out up to 20 billion disappearing from this economy without runecrafting every day? Probably much more.

Re-work your stats and tell my why the price would go to 300-325. Don't say monster drops.

No I am not making up any statistics and yes I fully read your statement. Now, it takes 0gp total to mine and craft a nature rune, if you don't include the OPPORTUNITY COST. Now as for the price, the street (aka market) price for runes has always been lower than what it is in the shops - even before runecrafting came out.

You seem to be under the impression that runecrafting introduces free nature runes into the game...and I'm simply trying to tell you that's not the case. So sure, 20 billion might be disappearing from the game via the loss of runecrafting, but players would turn around and do something different for money and reintroduce that 20 billion back into the game.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

No I am not making up any statistics and yes I fully read your statement. Now, it takes 0gp total to mine and craft a nature rune, if you don't include the OPPORTUNITY COST. Now as for the price, the street (aka market) price for runes has always been lower than what it is in the shops - even before runecrafting came out.

You seem to be under the impression that runecrafting introduces free nature runes into the game...and I'm simply trying to tell you that's not the case. So sure, 20 billion might be disappearing from the game via the loss of runecrafting, but players would turn around and do something different for money and reintroduce that 20 billion back into the game.

The way to look at it is via opportunity cost. Yesterday I bought 1k nature runes, and I smithed 1k mithril bars. Thats because the opportunity cost for doing so was about 10 gp per bar, worth it for the smithing xp. All other things equal, and Had it been 150 gp per bar, it would not have been worth it, therefore I would not have bought 1k nats, and I believe other players would be the same way.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Give me a situation where 70-80 billion could be reintroduced into the game? In a day. With not 2 million members no lifing.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

pureprayers point is that pure ess is turned into nats is used to alch something to make gp so the amount of gp in the economy goes up. Oppurtunity costs means that mining ess then rc nats may not be as good as just rc nats, it doesnt affect the gp that exists. If you get a 20mil gp item in the gwd there isnt any more gp in the rs economy, there is more value in items+money but not more gp.

I have my doubts that a drop in yew prices would crash the economy, but it would have an effect.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

I say Firemaking because there isnt anything that you can use it for. But then Jagex released the Beacon Burning thing, and the adze is pretty good. And without Firemaking, prices of logs would go down, making Fletching more profitable and popular. But I still think Firemaking is the most useless skill.

pureprayers point is that pure ess is turned into nats is used to alch something to make gp so the amount of gp in the economy goes up. Oppurtunity costs means that mining ess then rc nats may not be as good as just rc nats, it doesnt affect the gp that exists. If you get a 20mil gp item in the gwd there isnt any more gp in the rs economy, there is more value in items+money but not more gp.

I have my doubts that a drop in yew prices would crash the economy, but it would have an effect.

There will always be Pure ess miners and always will be a good supply of pure essence. That being said you can save the economy 2.3 million an hour by crafting double nats.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Give me a situation where 70-80 billion could be reintroduced into the game? In a day. With not 2 million members no lifing.

The making of nature runes doesn't introduce money into the game, alching does...and the same amount of alching would take place, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to say?

The making of nature runes doesn't introduce money into the game, alching does...and the same amount of alching would take place, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to say?

The making of nature runes dont cost anything. So its a plus of 372 gp.

Less alcs would take place because of those steel items on slayer tasks everyone likes to alc.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Getting a hilt at GWD doesn't cost anything, so that's a plus of 65 million into the game? Making nature runes doesn't bring in any more money into the game than cutting some logs, mining some ores, getting some monster drops, or hunting some chins.

Getting a hilt at GWD doesn't cost anything, so that's a plus of 65 million into the game? Making nature runes doesn't bring in any more money into the game than cutting some logs, mining some ores, getting some monster drops, or hunting some chins.

Natures are faster and it is the main component of alchemy (excluding the thing you are alching)

But my point was runecrafting is important to the game.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

a hilt brings 65million value into the economy, not 65mil gp. Nats lead to alches which lead to coins being brought into the game. Similair to chins, you catch them and sell for say 1mil. That one mill came from another player and he will use them to range taking their value out of the economy; hence, all that happened was his 1mil coins moving to you

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

a hilt brings 65million value into the economy, not 65mil gp. Nats lead to alches which lead to coins being brought into the game. Similair to chins, you catch them and sell for say 1mil. That one mill came from another player and he will use them to range taking their value out of the economy; hence, all that happened was his 1mil coins moving to you

Yeah, I know that...but none of that means runecrafting isn't the most useless skill. The skill provides us with items that we already have access to without using the skill, the same can't really be said for any other skill.

Yeah, I know that...but none of that means runecrafting isn't the most useless skill. The skill provides us with items that we already have access to without using the skill, the same can't really be said for any other skill.

But it saves the economy 70-80 billion every day.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Are your numbers imaginary or what? 70-80 billion would not leave the economy every day if runecrafting were taken out.

Are your numbers imaginary or what? 70-80 billion would not leave the economy every day if runecrafting were taken out.

http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/top100.ws?list=0&scale=2

Click on 30 days and divide the number of runes by 30. WE are not only doing natures but all the runes. As you can see the elemental runes + mind are alone 20 billion into the economy. Natures, chaos, and body, are another 20 Billion. If we take death runes; 4 billion, Law runes; 2.5 billion, Blood runes, another 2.5 billion that is somewhere between 50 Billion total. Now add cosmics, astrials, combination runes, and the fact that silver ore would drop alot and you can get between 60-70 Billion every say and 80 Billion on peak days.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

First off your math skills are horribly lacking...like, I'm questioning whether I think you're in 3rd or 4th grade. Secondly, that's a list of the most traded items in the Grand Exchange, which is 100% unrelated to runecrafting. Thirdly, are you honestly suggesting that 60-80 billion is added to the game on a daily basis via runecrafting?

#-o

First off your math skills are horribly lacking...like, I'm questioning whether I think you're in 3rd or 4th grade. Secondly, that's a list of the most traded items in the Grand Exchange, which is 100% unrelated to runecrafting. Thirdly, are you honestly suggesting that 60-80 billion is added to the game on a daily basis via runecrafting?

#-o

Runecrafters make all the runes, then sell <.<. A TINY amount comes from elsewhere but the majority is from runecrafting. You are suggesting nothing would happen for runecrafting to be removed and I am disagreeing. Some days up to 60-70 Billion yes do get saved every day by not having to buy runes from the shops.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

#-o

Runecrafters make all the runes, then sell <.<. A TINY amount comes from elsewhere but the majority is from runecrafting. You are suggesting nothing would happen for runecrafting to be removed and I am disagreeing. Some days up to 60-70 Billion yes do get saved every day by not having to buy runes from the shops.

All runes traded on the GE that day weren't made that day....people buy more runes than they can use, or accumulate them over time - then sell them. Yes most runes are made, but not each and every day. Hell, pretend on day 1 we as a community make 100 million runes, then for the other 29 days we just trade them back and forth to each other...that's not 3 billion runes being made by runecrafting every day.

Also, I said your math skills are lacking (I see you're still using that 60-70 billion per day figure) because you obviously miscalculated that, and if you don't think you did..show you're work here.

Lastly, yes the game would be affected in terms of the economy...gameplay itself as in what you can do in the entire game would not be affected in the least tho, whereas any other skill being taken out would change the gameplay greatly as well as the economy.

#-o

All runes traded on the GE that day weren't made that day....people buy more runes than they can use, or accumulate them over time - then sell them. Yes most runes are made, but not each and every day. Hell, pretend on day 1 we as a community make 100 million runes, then for the other 29 days we just trade them back and forth to each other...that's not 3 billion runes being made by runecrafting every day.

Also, I said your math skills are lacking (I see you're still using that 60-70 billion per day figure) because you obviously miscalculated that, and if you don't think you did..show you're work here.

Lastly, yes the game would be affected in terms of the economy...gameplay itself as in what you can do in the entire game would not be affected in the least tho, whereas any other skill being taken out would change the gameplay greatly as well as the economy.

On your first post you say nothing would be affected. I argued. My point wasnt that it will cause a 60 Billion economic crash, just that it would affect gameplay. As the economy does affect gameplay. If you view the most traded section and go to 30 days and divide the number of runes by 30 and multiply them by the shop price results in a massive amount of money. Lets just end this debate and say runecrafting would affect the economy and gameplay while not crashing it to death as im sure we would find another way or something like using tokull in the tzharr shop.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

• 1 month later...
There really is no debate. Firemaking is the most useless skill hands down. It serves no purpose but fast total levels. You get nothing in return.

Which I am sure everone would agree with me here. Anyone who disagrees I would say is doing so just for the sake of disagreeing. I like FM and I can confidently say it's a useless skill.

We could also say that agility is the most useless. After all, you could just as well wait to have the run energy recharged, or if you are PKing, bring (super energy pots or better yet,) purple sweets!

Um...Firemaking is very useless.The only use i can think of is the pyre logs.Even that isnt worth it.you can get more money woodcutting yews....lots more money