MTK: Fishy question + Update: new questions

Aidos Drakon

I want to start doing Manage Thy Kingdom. The goal is to gather flax for fletching at a low cost. I have heard many people say to put 10 workers on fish and 5 on flax. Why? Do people buy swordfish? Will it make some money back? Wouldn't it be better to have more workers on flax or do I need them on fish to make money back? Sorry if its a nooby question.

All advice is appreciated! ::'

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

flax makes quite good money too.. you're be saving alot of fletching if you spin the flax that you get. hrm, i think you get about 1.2k flax per day if you put 10 workers on it, so that'll be about 600flax per day for 5 workers? think you can spin that much per day?

Raw fishing folllowed by cooked fishing are the best money makers on the ge. These are followed by flax and mining, which alternate everyso often for the place of more profitable, and since you cant gather raw and cooked fish at the same time, most people making money gather fish and flax or fish and coal. Fishing set to 10 should pay all the bills I think, since I ahve left mine or maple at the moment and I still make good money. If you can spin 600 flax a day, which is about 5 workers, than everythings grand. If you can't spin the much, send some workers to minign for some coal (either to sell or use at a later date). If you think you can spin more than 600 flax, try taking workers off of fishing and put them in flax until you get more than you can mannage. You are going to be getting your flax at under GE value (I assume, I haven't looked at the MTK and GE price sheets side by side recently), so any money you make from fishign at all is just icing on the cake.

Thanks very much all! I would have responded sooner but I had my wisdom teeth taken out and was doped on meds. I believe I can spin 600 flax daily. So I will be break even with raw fish right? Also should i sell the fish on ge at mid price?

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

Also how long does it typically take to sell the fish? I want to know so im not forced to withdraw because im out of cash.

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis

Sell the fish on the GE at mid. It'll take a bit to sell, but not bad. Or try selling it 1 gp under marketplace. It'll sell quite a bit faster like that. Also, if you look at the guide in my signature, it suggests farming. I've never tried farming, so I don't know how good it is, but this guide suggests Raw Fish, Cooked Fish, Farming, Flax, Coal.

Goldflame.png

Click here to learn the best profit from MTK.

I gave farming a try from idle curiosity. If you could sell all of the seeds you get you'd turn a nice profit. However, most don't sell and you get your boxes clogged up with slow selling items for days.

Fish, flax and coal all sell rapidly and make good profit.

Teatonev.png

Teatonev.png

Sell the fish on the GE at mid. It'll take a bit to sell, but not bad. Or try selling it 1 gp under marketplace. It'll sell quite a bit faster like that. Also, if you look at the guide in my signature, it suggests farming. I've never tried farming, so I don't know how good it is, but this guide suggests Raw Fish, Cooked Fish, Farming, Flax, Coal.

How does 1gp under mid help? sorry if im a bit dense ::'

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis

because a lot of people will just dump it in mid and just waiting for it to sell

fish makes around 65k a day (10)

flax makes around 25k a day (5)

both are profits

foukouei.png

because a lot of people will just dump it in mid and just waiting for it to sell

fish makes around 65k a day (10)

flax makes around 25k a day (5)

both are profits

so ill have to sell 10ks work of flax per day to break even?

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis

ok to make it clear

please read

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Miscellania

thanks thats a great resource! :thumbsup:

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis

oh should i sell the gems i get from fishing uncut or cut? which sells faster?

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis

ok to make it clear

please read

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Miscellania

thanks thats a great resource! :thumbsup:

Yes, thank you for adding that to this conversation... :D

And, also, you should actually clean your herbs that you have the level for. They are often around 200 gp higher on the GE clean than unclean.

Goldflame.png

Click here to learn the best profit from MTK.

Ok I have started my kingdom today with 10 raw fish 5 flax. Thanks for all the advice! I hope this works out good! \'

I put in 1.275M that should cover it for 7 days right?

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis

Wow this really works! This week i got a net profit of 300k gp and 4990 flax! \'

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis

300k + (4990 flax @ 90 ea) = 749, 100 gp

So thats roughly 100k at day. The extra probably was from the good amount of gems from the caskets and a half key.

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis

oh. forgot that flax was worth 90ea. haha. usually ill spin them into bowstrings and sell it instead. a little xp for crafting. =)

Yeah i plan on spinning as much as i can stand. ::'

a8aa5bbc88.png

--Brendan Francis