Runescape Keeps On Frezzing

doubletc

Hey, when ever I play runescape my computer frezzes and I have to restart it over and over and over. I have about 31.8 Gb space left. When ever I start runescape the java cpu usage is about 90 and the cpu usage in total is about 99% and 100%. I think the problem is that the java is to high in cpu usage. If you have any idea why this happens, please tell me and can runescape work with java 5 ? Thank you for reading :D

Doubletc.gif

I would say you either have a really [cabbage]ty computer or you have something hogging all your resources. RuneScape does run java some what hard but that is pretty high cpu usage for RuneScape to be causing.

doubletc, I need you to post screenshots of your DXDiag 'System' and 'Display' info tabs. (You are running WinXP, right?) I won't be able to make heads-or-tails until you do. Also, what browser (and version number) are you using? Providing such little info does not allow anyone to help you with your problem. :ugeek:

~Mr. "Info needed, if you wish to get that problem fixed." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Are you pressing print screen and pasting to paint or are you using another program to take the screenshot? If you use paint, it should paste as exactly the same size as it would be on screen, and tinypic should allow you to upload it without sizing it down.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Best you'd get with that is probably SD on lowest. Please don't tell me you've been trying to run HD...

EDIT: Try starting SD in safe mode. Pretty sure that sets all options to lowest.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Okey, since I started to press "s", it freezes less frequntly but it still freeze :pray:
I found one problem... Only 8 MB for VRAM on your video card? Stay totally away from HD, you just can't run it... Why? No room for the textures. :(

And here's another... You only have 256 MB of Main RAM? You're dearly in need of a RAM upgrade, doubletc. Even with Java 5 or 6, you're sitting right on the edge of a "no run" abyss, and since you're running WinXP, it just makes it that much worse. There's a reason that Jagex said "512 MB of RAM" is a minimum requirement. Their dang applet is a 'RAM Hog'... Even with 512 MB of RAM in the slower system that I use, RuneScape causes all the other programs in the system to shrink their 'working set' (in other words, how much RAM that they use) not just once, but twice! :boohoo:

I wish you good luck (REALLY!) in getting onto a config that will let you run RSHD, even if only semi-well. ::'

~D. V. "Not trying to be overly negative... Just pointing out stuff." Devnull

(p.s.: I know there are pundits who'd love to take a swing at me out there. Please don't, as I've already done that at myself.)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)