What's wrong with me!? [ centering question w/ XHTML]

Zibl

I've coded a javascript for my website. It's a message popup automatically generated when you first visit the website. The only problem is I can't get the thing centered both vertically and horizontally. Here's the current part of the code that positions the box:

Now obviously, that is not correct. I realize this. In that current setup my popup box is appearing in between the very right and center. I don't know if I'm just having a brain fart or if I've just never centered something both vertically [b]AND[/b] horizontally :? . Either way.... help anyone?

[color=#FF0000]EDIT #2: Website link removed. I wasn't trying to get hits, just showing you people what exactly was wrong :roll: .[/color]

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Trying to get visitor hits I see..

Not in the slightest. At first I didn't even have the link in my post, but I went back and added it just to show what exactly the box looked like. I'll gladly remove it if you'd like :roll: .

On topic: I've tried right: 50% but it doesn't even do anything. I've also tried veritcally-align:center (I believe that's what I used :-# ) and that did nothing either. It's also possible that I've used the correct code but another code (i.e. width: 200px) interferred making the code not work.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)