iPod Touch - WiFi Question

The Dark Lord

Hi. I just got my iPod Touch (2nd Generation) today, and it's great. I am having some trouble, though. I can't connect to my wifi network. When I go into Safari, I get a popup that shows some networks. I clicked on the one that had the name of my wireless internet (broadband) modem. I entered the password (which was correct), but it said it couldn't join the network. When I go to settings and then to networks, the modem has a check by it. However, it says it can't connect to the internet. By the way, I DO have a router, and my father connects to the modem all of the time with a wireless connection.

Any help?

EDIT: WiFi is also enabled on the iPod. -.-

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I don't know much about the touch but does it use wireless b? If so do you have that enabled on your router?

If it's what I think that you mean, it should. My dad uses a laptop and connects to it wirelessly.

SWAG

I don't know much about the touch but does it use wireless b? If so do you have that enabled on your router?

If it's what I think that you mean, it should. My dad uses a laptop and connects to it wirelessly.

A laptop is wireless g.

b/g is pretty much standard, if your dad can connect his laptop to it it's unlikely that you can't connect your iPod. Unless your router is wirleless n and your dad is using some adapter, but that's kind of expensive so I doubt it.

What was this setting you were saying about with a modem? Can you give us some details on that?

C2b6gs7.png

That sounds likely. How would I go about doing that?

EDIT: When my dad's laptop crashed, he had to reconnect to the network, and we had problems doing so. We had to call tech support to fix this. =\ I remember that he had to get on my computer (which is the admin) and he had to do some things by going to Control Panel.

SWAG

I'm on my modem settings and have entered my iPod's MAC address to the list of allowed devices, but it still won't connect with my iPod. :(

MAC filter was disabled all along, by the way.

SWAG