Scorpion Catcher update

Heya!

Recently been doin' the Scorpion Catcher quest, and noticed some differences with yer guide.

After catchin' the very first scorpion, I returned to this lad known as the Seer, but the next clues he gave me were not the same as those in yer guide. At first, he mentioned Peksa in the Barbarian Village (the scorpion was picked up by a shopkeeper in a village two canoe trips away form Lumbridge) instead of the Barbarian outpost. Peksa then told me he left the scorpion in the Barbarian outpost, as a "suprise present" for his brother Ivor, who lives over there.

Oh, aye, and this Seer also gave the hint for the third scorpion immediatly, instead of waitin' 'till I caught the second one. So, i started wondering, maybe it be time for ya to update the Scorpion Catcher quest guide?

Balance is power!

Grimnirwher9

Excentric staff member of the Voices clan

I was under the impression that you could catch them in any order, and also that speaking to the Seer was optional, not required.

It's been too long since I did the quest to recall for sure.

Has anyone tried to do it differently (out of order or not talking to Seer)?

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I definitely caught them out of order, but I can't remember if I talked to the seer or not.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I had a similar problem. I returned to the Seer after catching the first scorpion and he gave me the clues for the second and third scorpions at the same time during the same conversation.

My Diary was updated as follows;

"The second Kharid Scorpion was once in a village two canoe trips from Lumbridge. A shopkeeper there picked it up.

The third Kharid Scorpion is in an upstairs room with brown clothing on the table. The clothing is adorned with a golden four-pointed star. You should start looking where monks reside"

You have to speak to Peksa in the Barbarian Village to ascertain the location of the second scorpion, which is at the Barbarian Outpost, through the metal gates towards the Agility Training Area and then in to the building directly east of that.

The third Scorpion is upstairs in the Monastery west of Edgeville / North-east of Falador.

Update Update Update, for noobs like me that can't do a quest without a guide or 2 weeks off work :lol: