Talon beast charms

Italian5kamikaze

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I take the easy route with an weak follower: that way you get most enemies, but it's still easy..

Evade everything you can: and it netted me 1 nail beast event every 4 runs!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I have heard reports of getting 20 an hour taking the longest route and the hardest (weakest) follower. I've myself done some trekking and gotten 60 charms, and as far as I can tell 20 per hour is definitely possible.

Taking a weak follower means 5 monsters show up every event (instead of 4 or 3), and the long route means you can evade all combat events (shades, vampires), which you should besides the nail beast and swamp snake ones. Having druid pouches with you isn't necessary, since you won't need much food or any at all (I do fine with 75 defense). For the feeding starving people event, bring a sack of Potatoes (10). Remove 5 from the sack, and feed them.

It's not terribly inefficient, since a talon beast charm is equivalent to the exp of 3 crimsons (granite lobster). So getting one technically means 2 crimsons, and that adds up to 40 crimsons an hour plus cash earned from snake hides and rewards.

I have heard reports of getting 20 an hour taking the longest route and the hardest (weakest) follower. I've myself done some trekking and gotten 60 charms, and as far as I can tell 20 per hour is definitely possible.

Taking a weak follower means 5 monsters show up every event (instead of 4 or 3), and the long route means you can evade all combat events (shades, vampires), which you should besides the nail beast and swamp snake ones. Having druid pouches with you isn't necessary, since you won't need much food or any at all (I do fine with 75 defense). For the feeding starving people event, bring a sack of Potatoes (10). Remove 5 from the sack, and feed them.

It's not terribly inefficient, since a talon beast charm is equivalent to the exp of 3 crimsons (granite lobster). So getting one technically means 2 crimsons, and that adds up to 40 crimsons an hour plus cash earned from snake hides and rewards.

snakes I found really annoying, they take way too long. - But I guess you can do them.

Skipping all events apart from lumberjack (always fighting till I get an item) I got around 30 charms/hour. And I didn't even use that potato trick at the starving event..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

yeah take the easy (long) route, cause there u will get 5 low lvl ones, while at the harder routes u get less monsters, so less charms.

Just make sure u have a range weapon with u, it is very easy to trap them.

And if u really only want charms just tele out after each talon beast event. But i suggest that since you are temple trekking anyways u try to get full lumberjack as well.

I don't see the point of teleporting out after getting a nail beast event, because your chance of getting another nail beast event is always the same, even after one. I've gotten two talon beast events in one trek. But you could actually teleport (using ancients) to Canafis if you get a slow unavoidable event such as the bog event.

The swamp snake is really only done because you get a lot of cash from it. Using a knife on a dead snake gives 2 - 5 hides, which sell for 2.2k ea on the GE.

I don't see the point of teleporting out after getting a nail beast event, because your chance of getting another nail beast event is always the same, even after one. I've gotten two talon beast events in one trek. But you could actually teleport (using ancients) to Canafis if you get a slow unavoidable event such as the bog event.

The swamp snake is really only done because you get a lot of cash from it. Using a knife on a dead snake gives 2 - 5 hides, which sell for 2.2k ea on the GE.

Ok, I believed u could not get the same event twice in one trek (Cant remember i ever got it) . But if u can then the tellying out part is nonsense indeed.