Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

any way to reduce ping times?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

compfreak847
[ Display Name History ]

compfreak847

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

Never got the point of a t1.

Honestly, do you have any idea what you're talking about (no) or did you just wiki T1 and look for a number?

T1 is used for servers and offices and such because it has symmetrical up and down speeds, as opposed to residential cable or whatever where the upload speed is almost always going to be significantly less than the download speed. T1 lines also connect directly into the ISP's "hub" (there's a technical term, presence point or something like that), as opposed to a residential connection, which can be routed through several "sub-hubs" (again, there's a technical term and a bit more to it, but I can't find the source I remember right now) before connecting to the ISP's main one.

I'd never recommend one for residential use because it's just stupid to pay that much, but saying the connection is garbage is equally stupid.

Thank You!

I think what compfreak847 meant was that t1 lines are only rated at 1.5mb/s which is slow. The ping times would be slightly better since your directly plugged into the ISP but the bandwidth would suck (and I don't think an isp would even wire any new t1 lines). Most companies that have dedicated lines do not have t1 lines, they are old and slow, they have OC-3 or higher. The term t1 for a dedicated line has stuck around for any dedicated fast line.

Exactly! Obviously you'll get slightly less ping times, but your paying 300$+ a month for (very) slightly less latency - my Comcast connection that costs 1/5th that gets me a 9ms ping - but at the cost of bandwidth. Your literally paying 5-10x the cost for 1/5th the bandwidth. Obviously the reliability and support has its benefits for businesses, but why on earth would any residential customer use a T1 :|
Posted Image
Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29
GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots
Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

The_dmt1234
[ Display Name History ]

The_dmt1234

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,007 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Ned Keliy
  • RSN2:AC_s_DC
  • Clan:www.stellarstop.com
heres from perth to washington half way round the world

Posted Image

perht to sydney, over 3,000kms across the country

Posted Image

and from my house to somewhere in my city,

Posted Image

i've had speeds of about 7k down before, perth is just the forgoten city in australia, even tho it is the 2nd fastest growning and has a population of over 1 million, australias population is 21m, we get the lowest funding form the government even tho our state pays the most taxes

heres miami, crap ping but good speed

Posted Image
]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users