Tried some Macro Photography (huge pictures)

Estonian dude

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

P1250072.jpg

A rusty some sort of a construction bar, with waterdrops. Made like 5-6 pics from there, this was the best one.

P1250070.jpg

Again, the same rusty bar, with snow.

P1250059.jpg

Darn, my camera is phail. Anyways, tried to focus on that drop over there, but my skills aint good enough maybe.

P1250062.jpg

This hole is purely natural.

And finally, not so macro pic:

P1250076.jpg

The scenery is the same as on the pic I posted for christmas photography challenge, but I think this one even looks better.

None of these images are edited in any way.

My camera is pretty much of a total failure, Olympus [:mju] 760 pocket digital camera.

I want C/C and advice on how to edit photos like that to make them look better.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Don't be afraid to do a little post-work in Photoshop/whatever, like noise reduction etc.

Also, if you want to focus it yourself, check for a "manual focus" or "MF" switch on your lens.

Keep it up!

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

My advice is to take as long as you need to get the frame perfect before you take the picture.

If it takes half an hour to position it correctly, then that's what it takes. Rushing it makes your pictures look exactly that- rushed.

Your focus is the main problem, the band is probably too narrow, so most of the important parts, or the majority of the photo, isn't in focus. Look at your first photo for example. Mark out in your mind the boundary of focus, and see how small and thin it is, compared to the rest of the unfocused wall.

Also, this is more of a personal taste, but your subjects aren't particularly interesting. Look for something that you never noticed before and something which interests you, you'll get a better shot that way. Macro photography is all about revealing fascinating or intricate things which you would never usually take notice of in everyday life.

spacescenev24.jpg

^ Good advice.

#1: It's just quite boring IMO. The colours are pretty dull and the focus isn't particularly good; there just isn't anything interesting to see in the picture.

#2: Pretty much the same comment as #1. The colours are slightly better though because there's quite a lot of contrast between the dark rusty bar and the white snow, but the subject and composition still don't make for a terribly interesting photo.

#3: Same as #2, there's enough contrast in there but it just doesn't jump out as a great picture.

#4: Slightly better because the composition and focus are more interesting, but again, quite boring.

#5: I quite like this one. There's just much more to see and the composition is decent too.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

Too noisy, dull colours, lack of brightness/contrast. Would have been nice if you could have gotten closer, but I don't think you have a macro lens/extension tubes?

This is probably my favourite. The only thing I don't like is the focus. I'd either have had the foreground in focus (instead of the middle) or increased the depth of field.

Again, not close enough. Your focus is on the drop (or it was supposed to be), but the drop isn't even in the foreground. There is even a branch covering part of the drop. I would have gotten closer (if possible) and moved to the other side of the tree so there would be no branches in the way. And like littleboy suggested, use manuel focus for accurate focusing (if you can? I don't know anything about Olympus cameras). And I usually take 3-10 pictures if I'm not using a flash and/or if I'm using a low f-number to ensure that at least one of them is in focus.

Just boring really :ohnoes: The focus isn't clear and isn't appealing, really. The colours are dull. But the focus/composition is really what makes the photo not so good.

My favourite of the bunch. Only criticism is that to me it looks like the picture is tilted a little bit to the left.. but maybe it's just me :ohnoes:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog