Butterfly Commission.

LP

I sort of agree with you, MrShinyredplanet.

I truly fantastic signature is something which is just on another level of design and detail.

The best pictures I've seen come from a journalist or photographer who was in the right place at the right time, for example, the self-immolation of the Buddhist monk. That picture is incredibly powerful, but it has little to do with the skill of the photographer, most people could have taken that shot, it would still be as emotive.

Same goes for the student stood in the way of the tanks, the vulture watching the dying African child, and many others.

I know people will disagree with me, but my personal opinion is that art, in the sense of paintings etc, including signatures and digital paintings, takes more skill than photography overall.

spacescenev24.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't compare them anyways. There is technical skill and artistic skill. Technical is just how well can you use a program, or draw something, or set the settings on your camera. Artistic skill is how well you can actually create a moving image, or a well balanced image or one that makes the user think. Two different things that you can't compare.

What LP makes is art, a signature how ever, i dont consider to be art, because anyone can do it..

Just because anyone can make a signature (wich is wrong), it doesn't mean signatures aren't art. There's good and bad art, the quality of it depends on the artists skills and not on the originality of the style.

How many of you can even compare to LP?

Oh, let's all hail LP, the greatest artist alive. I could name many equal and/or better artists than LP. Anyways, yu can't compare his style (very good in my opinion) to another completely different style, like tag making and/or pixel art.

OT: I don't like much the 'coulored butterfly wings' idea, though I understand it was ordered by a customer.

Try following some of the advice people gave you and that'll become a fine piece.

You can't compare them anyways. There is technical skill and artistic skill. Technical is just how well can you use a program, or draw something, or set the settings on your camera. Artistic skill is how well you can actually create a moving image, or a well balanced image or one that makes the user think. Two different things that you can't compare.

That. Nadril, you summed up this whole arguing and bickering here. Very true.

I think LP, that this butterfly is more showing technical skill, than actual artistic ability, and you need to accept that. However, I'm not bagging you artistic skill, because you have some great work on deviantart. For example: The Art of Noise 2

lampost_sig_stark.png