The Investment Blog - HolyCannoli

INVESTMENT CHAT

I've decided that it's time I added something new to this to make it a bit better, so I'm starting an investment chat. If you join my chat, I'll be around to give investing tips, answer questions, etc.

If you have a good tip to let us all know about, that's the way to do it!

If you have a question, that's the way to do it!

If you just want to know how to make money, that's also the way to do it!

I'll even tell you what to buy and when.

Join the chat under my username, fat hobo1 to join!

If I'm online, I'll answer all questions, etc.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't guarantee it, but if myl ife depended on it I would say yes, buy some. The last high was 60gp, and it's only 46 now so if it goes up that high it's huge profits for all. The price only rose 1gp today though so it's up to you whether you want to go for it or not. I peronally bought 5k, about half of what I normally would, and if I'm considering getting another 5k today.

Here's the chart. The left side is price, the bottom is date (I think it got cut off so you may not be able to see thep rices or dates). Notice the far right side: the price has started rising.

Market Update

Salmon

2538_graphimg.gif?id=329&scale=1

Cowhides

Cowhides continue to increase. It's still a good time to buy, but the profits won't be as sharp as if you had purchased a couple days ago. Not much else to say about these...

2538_graphimg.gif?id=1739&scale=1

Clay & Soft Clay

Now is the time to sell your clay! If you purchased any, then you should sell. The price of clay increased again today, but the price of soft clay has started to decrease so clay will probably follow soon. No charts for these two.

Fish, excluding salmon

It seems that almost every fish is in a large decline right now. Actually, most things are. Logs, etc. Either way, fish are going down. The good thing about this is that when the prices level off you'll have lots of good investments to choose from. Right now Tuna is still falling quite heavily, and it's on the top 100 traded list. They're worth only 99 gp Each right now, but their last rise went as high at 108. If the price keeps dropping for a couple more days, we can probably look forward to a promising investment.

Chart for Tuna

2538_graphimg.gif?id=359&scale=1

Flax (members)

Flax is still nosediving, so when it pulls out you can expect to make around 12% if you buy at the lowest point and sell once it has risen. It's always in high demand, and it has a relatively low price (83 each right now) and has peaked in price at 90 gp each this month.

2538_graphimg.gif?id=1779&scale=1

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

\' ty lol

Keep in mind they are just estimates, I can't guarantee that anything will follow exactly what I say. Salmon could tank down to 20 gp tomorrow lol

I have made a slight mistake. Salmong are doing quite well, but I bought some and I can't seem to sell them. I'm 99% sure this is because I bought them less than four hours ago, but I can't guarantee that. I'll have to keep better track of my purchases in the future. I'm certain that you'll have no trouble selling, but I just thought I'd mention it.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

lol quite possible =)

I think it was just the 4 hour limit, some of mine sold and I'm left with the exact amount of salmon that is in the exchange history (the latest exchange). I'll be mroe careful about that in the future.

I'll also post whatever exchange limits I can find here in a moment.

Update

Sold: All items

Cash: 768k

Purchases in progress: 16k salmon, 46 Each (763k)

Market Update

Oak Logs

Forgot to mention, sell you oak logs. ALL OF THEM. The price levelled off at 34 today, with no rise in price. They'll probably drop either tomorrow or the day after, most likely tomorrow. Sell them today.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

Clan Merchanting Update

I'm oging to disclose what the merching clans are up to, and what they are buying. The reason for this is that they will influence the prices and you can buy according to what they are attempting to influence.

Clans are buying:

Ruby (cut)

Rune Axe

Update

Purchased: 10k Salmon, 46 Each

Purchased: 2.7k Cow hides, 115 Each

Cash: 5k

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

Update

Sold: Everything.

Cash: 760k

Market Update

Salmonp

Salmon have dropped, unfortunately, so now would be a good time to dump them onto the exchange. They dropped 1gp, so not too bad, but a loss will still be taken.

Rubies

Rubies went up by quite a bit today, but it's time to dumo them if you bought any! In fact, dump them at the price you bought them for, not the market price. 1270 was the price yesterday, by the way.

The reason for this? Merchanting clans are dumping their rubies for some reason, so the price is going to fall. Even if the price doesn't fall, there is a big surplus of rubies right now so the demand is much lower than the supply. This means the price will drop soon, but also that it will be extremely hard to sell your rubies.

I also want to apologize for me posting a chat. I didn't realize until just recently that it comes very close to clan merchanting, and that's not what this is about. I don't condone clan merchanting, and I don't approve of it. It's frowned upon here and pretty much everywhere else.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

Uncut emeralds were a thing clans were merching, so I bought them at market price then waited until the Grand Exchange was sold out and resold them for max price. It cost me nothing and it was pretty fast.

The reason I didn't hold onto them is that when clans merch items, they intentionally push up the price. However, if they fail, the price tends to plummet because of the sudden shorting of deamnd caused by those who purcahsed dumping their items onto the exchange all at once. This means you lose big time! (if that happens).

Also, the problem with this is that they push the price up because of their demand. You should, however, dump your items before the clan starts to. Clan members do this sometimes so you can count on it happening. The idea is basically this: You want to sell your itesm, but the demand isn't all that high. You sell while clan members are still buying so that you're actually selling to them and not customers who actually want the product. That way when the clan dumps their emmies, you've already sold yours to them - they won't be able to sell because there are no customers and the supply is way too high (this will also force the price down quickly).

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

Sorry, no market update. To be quite hoenst, most of the good selling items are at a high or nearing a low but still dropping, so it's a bad time to buy. I am, however, riding the clan merch train by buying the items they are purchasing en masse at medium price, then re-selling the next day for max. With items like rune full helms, I'll make a few k per helm which is more than some of them will make by waiting the rise out. I'm just buying at medium and selling at high for the moment so...not too much exciting.

Market updates will be up tomorrow or the day after because quite a few items are nearing the bottom of their cycle.

Update

Purchased: 36 Rune Full Helm, 21,125 gp Each

Starting funds: 757k (I lost a bit, law rune expense, etc.)

Expected cash after the sale: 799k (oh so close!)

I'm nearing the first mil, which is good. The more moeny you have, the easier it is to make money.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

lol I'm not sure about Sunday, but I doubt it will last. Unless of course rune crafting somehow comes into soul wars (which I hoenstly don't know), then there have been no updates involving RC that I know of.

I would say that the intense rise in air talismans is just a product of clan merchanting which they are really pushign to the edge. Like druidic mage bottoms 0, you'll notice they've gone up quite a bit. Their plan is actually to hold onto them though until the price reaches 8k, which is a huge price increase just like this one. If you want to try and ride the air talismans for a bit of profit you can, but i'll keep my distance for the moment because a rise this high will probably drop just as fast - that price rise, I'm guessing, is from the buying and selling of talismans by merching clans, so when they start to dump, everybody will dump and the price will plummet.

If the price does not plummet, then I will personally give 10k from my investment fund towards my 10mil goal for this blog to you (pinky and yobob, both). Itm ay still rise for a while, but I am 99% sure that this quick plummet will occur.

It's actually not just air talismans: it's many other F2P talismans as well.

Also, you'll be glad to know that rune full helms have risen yobob. They'll probably continue to rise, but I've already sold mine. If I were you I would be careful: the clan that is merching them isn't very prestigous, and their members are getting nefarious for starting to dump items onto the exchange too quickly.

I guess I should do a market update eh?

Alright, I also have to say this. I haven't been buying or selling anything for the last two days (much, anyways) and there's a reason: I'm going away for a couple of days. I won't be able to sell once I leave so I'm not buyign anything, and I'm being pretty much inactive. I leave tomorrow, and I may be back by wednsday or earlier.

EDIT: I have changed my mind, I have put in an offer for 1700 yew logs at this mornings market price. I am expecting the price to rise, so I will sell them at market price tomorrow.

Now, onto the update for today.

Market Update

Clays (soft and raw)

As predicted, clay begins it's miserable downfall into the abyss. The price of clay has fallen and subsequently is bringing down the price of soft clay. Stay away from them for now, but keep an eye on them because if the price starts to rise it's usually a fairly good investment.

Talismans

Talismans continue to go absolutely crazy. I'm attributing this to clan merching, and I wouldn't recommend investing in them. Mind talismans are rising hugely, airs are rising, etc. Mostly only the F2P talismasn are rising, however, which makes me a bit suspicious about clan merching.

Lobsters, etc/

Lobsters continue to fall for the moment, so watch out for them. Since they have become stable for days and then fallen again afterwards, I would suggest waiting until you actually see the price rise before investing in them. The same can be seen in many fish such as swordfish and tuna - though tuna are of a fairly low price and, if they start to rise, will be an excellent investment.

Cowhides

Cowhides continue to fall - everything, actually, seems to be fallign (except for confirmed clan merch items such as rune full helms and druidic bottoms 0 [which may be pushed up as high as 8k]). Some higher level ores like mith, however, are rising. They may be a good short term investment!

Law runes

Law runes are fallign as well, surprise! Don't buy them as a means fo making money.

Oak logs

Falling.....

Steel bar

Falling.....

Bones

Falling.....

nature runes

Falling.....

Yew logs

They're rising! This is good, so I would say these are something to buy. They would constitute a good investment right now! The price could go up as high as 30gp per log (though that is under 10% considering the price is 446 Ea today, that is better than anythign else for the moment).

Now, this market update could be taken as completely disman because there isn't a whole lot to invest in at the moment (unless of course you are a member and, then, there is always good stuff to invest in). This isn't entirely bad news though: everythign will be going up eventually, and then you will have a huge array of items to choose from.

However! I am expecting this to happen before wednsday, so you will have to look for yourself on the exchange guide and see what prices are rising. This will be a good learning experience if you decide to do it. Look for items which are rising out of their price slumps - small increases from the previous day are good, as long as those rises occur after a relatively large drop in price.

Instructions on how to find the grand exchange item/price/trade-volume guide can be found in the first post of this blog.

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg