Younger players-were not all bad

It's a generalisation, but a fair one.

There is no such thing as a fair generalisation. The only 'fair' way to categorise people is to base it on polls and statistics. And even that sometimes leave room for disagreements if the population sample is too small.

And that also means that all the generalisations in this thread can be thrown out the window. In this example: there are racists people. End of story. Age or any other parameter shouldn't enter the discussion until someone shows a proof to back it up.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the comments on this thread are disgusting, some of you are saying that the younger player are rascist jerks, and yet YOUR stereotyping them, and thats not solving anything.

I cant think of anyway to help solve the problem of pure immaturity or rudeness, BUT I am certain that pointing them isn't making the world a nicer place.

ahh anouther moment where I am so glad I dont play rs :P

Okay, I read your thread about how you're quitting rs, a perfect example of trying to sound smarter than you are. Like I said to the last guy, when you're trying to sound intelligent and informed, at least spell correctly. All those "rascist" people around...

I really really liked your incorrect use of "your" in all caps. Really added some emphasis and ex[bleep]iated your idiocy.

And did anyone say that the point of this thread was to make the world a nicer place or to solve anything? Was that the purpose of it? I was under the impression it was just so a bunch of twelve year olds could complain about being called noobs.

And dude, you've been saying you were quitting rs for a while now. You keep bragging about how great it is to be free and have a life. So why don't you? Why are you still sitting around on the tip.it forums if you are free and have no interest in it anymore? If you're going to do it, do it, I'm just sick of hearing about it.

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

There's a huge difference between "most younger players are beggars" and "it are mostly younger players who beg".

While there's noone who can possibly prove the first sentence to be true, and as it's very unlikely that it's true (I would probably get at least 100 times as much pms for 'free stuff plz' then :P), I do think most will agree with the latter sentence being very likely.

There's a huge difference between "most younger players are beggars" and "it are mostly younger players who beg".

While there's noone who can possibly prove the first sentence to be true, and as it's very unlikely that it's true (I would probably get at least 100 times as much pms for 'free stuff plz' then :P), I do think most will agree with the latter sentence being very likely.

Fair enough. That makes perfect sense and is what most people are missing...I think so at least.

Wow...it took two pages for someone to say something intelligent. Good job, dude.

124 Combat

duke freedom, i couldnt agree more. but some people are saying that almost all players under 15, or under 13 are jerks. like this:

Most people that play that are under...13 I'd say, are complete and total morons.

nugget89, your saying that i am trying to look smarter than i am, yet you are the one contradicting yourself. you say you agree with duke freedom. it would be only natural that the sentence i quoted wouldve been turned around saying: most complete and total morons are under 13. but it isnt, and ive met a lot of people under 13 and most of them were really nice.

i agree that most idiots in RS are younger people, but dont go saying all younger people are idiots. because thats total nonsense. and nugget,

Wow...it took two pages for someone to say something intelligent.

the only one who has said completely NO intelligent things, are you, my friend.

PS: and people are not unintelligent or immature just because they made a few typing errors, and im not gonna look through my entire post to make sure i didnt make one of the teensiest mistakes in my secondary language at 1 am in the morning.

duke freedom, i couldnt agree more. but some people are saying that almost all players under 15, or under 13 are jerks. like this:

Most people that play that are under...13 I'd say, are complete and total morons.

nugget89, your saying that i am trying to look smarter than i am, yet you are the one contradicting yourself. you say you agree with duke freedom. it would be only natural that the sentence i quoted wouldve been turned around saying: most complete and total morons are under 13. but it isnt, and ive met a lot of people under 13 and most of them were really nice.

i agree that most idiots in RS are younger people, but dont go saying all younger people are idiots. because thats total nonsense. and nugget,

Wow...it took two pages for someone to say something intelligent.

the only one who has said completely NO intelligent things, are you, my friend.

PS: and people are not unintelligent or immature just because they made a few typing errors, and im not gonna look through my entire post to make sure i didnt make one of the teensiest mistakes in my secondary language at 1 am in the morning.

No, no, no. You fail to see what I'm saying, you moron. Let me clear it up for you:

I do think that MOST people 13 and under are stupid. That's key. I said most. There are exceptions, but as a rule I'd say that they are. I'm not going against that.

But what I was agreeing with Duke was that most of the idiots in the game are under 13, but that all of them aren't necessarily idiots.

Younger players are predominately stupid...most of the players that are stupid are younger. You may not agree with it, but the two don't necessarily go against each other, do they, imbecile?

And by the way, what in the world did you mean by "the only one who has said completely NO intelligent things, are you, my friend."?

Did you mean I'm the only one who hasn't said ANY intelligent things?

Did you mean that I'm the only one who has said all UNINTELLIGENT things?

I'm not sure...one thing is for sure though:

You're a moron.

124 Combat

dude, you say you agree with duke freedom. duke freedom says most younger players ARENT morons (and hes right) but that most morons in RS are younger players (and hes probably right again)

you say you agree, but then you say almost all younger players ARE morons.

in other words, your contradicting yourself.

PS: please dont go calling people morons when your the biggest moron mankind has ever seen. lets not make a good thread turn into a flame war.

Dude, I said it in the last post and I'll say it again:

Most younger people are stupid.

Most of the stupid players are younger.

Whether it be due to my bad wording or your lack of ability to understand I don't know, but that's what i mean.

The two in and of themselves don't contradict each other. If I failed to clearly show that, then that's my fault.

124 Combat

dude, you say you agree with duke freedom. duke freedom says most younger players ARENT morons (and hes right) but that most morons in RS are younger players (and hes probably right again)

PS: please dont go calling people morons when your the biggest moron mankind has ever seen. lets not make a good thread turn into a flame war.

Sorry, but that was funny. "Let's not turn this into a flame war...oh, but you are the biggest moron mankind has ever seen" :)

Well folks, I once started a topic called "beggars at any level," which related a story of a level 75 who was asking me for free things. Some people posted that they had even been begged by level 100s. So, just as there may be beggars at any level, there may be other noobliness at any age.

You want to argue that most of these noobly people are less than 15? Fine, but it's not that important. You don't usually get harassed long enough to even find out someone's age, and you still end up feeling annoyed. Also, if a 12-13 year old seems a bit immature, well, there is an age difference! There's no denying that. If you take someone that age and tell them to give a presentation at their dad's office, it may not go so well. Yes, there are general differences between the age groups, I don't see why it's discriminatory would to establish that. After all, if you're 12-13 and you DO say things appropriate for your dad's office meetings, well, you'll probably end up on Kids Say the Darndest Things with Bill Cosby.

How about "Newbs Say the Darndest Things?"

lpinkus

Sorry, but that was funny. "Let's not turn this into a flame war...oh, but you are the biggest moron mankind has ever seen" :)

Well folks, I once started a topic called "beggars at any level," which related a story of a level 75 who was asking me for free things. Some people posted that they had even been begged by level 100s. So, just as there may be beggars at any level, there may be other noobliness at any age.

You want to argue that most of these noobly people are less than 15? Fine, but it's not that important. You don't usually get harassed long enough to even find out someone's age, and you still end up feeling annoyed. Also, if a 12-13 year old seems a bit immature, well, there is an age difference! There's no denying that. If you take someone that age and tell them to give a presentation at their dad's office, it may not go so well. Yes, there are general differences between the age groups, I don't see why it's discriminatory would to establish that. After all, if you're 12-13 and you DO say things appropriate for your dad's office meetings, well, you'll probably end up on Kids Say the Darndest Things with Bill Cosby.

How about "Newbs Say the Darndest Things?"

lpinkus

Lol, that was funny...whether intentionally or not I'm not sure.

You're right in saying there's an age difference. You know that when you're going into any situation, especially an online game. My online problem is that these 12 year olds try and put themselves on an equal level as you, something that would never happen in real life...probably not at your dad's office meeting either. But on RS they not only act like they are as smart/mature/good at whatever else as a 16-22 year old (maybe 23-40 sometimes) but they act as though they are infinately better than you.

If that makes any sense.

Anyway, that's what bugs me. I do agree with you, but I'm just saying.

124 Combat

Whether it be due to my bad wording or your lack of ability to understand I don't know, but that's what i mean.

The two in and of themselves don't contradict each other. If I failed to clearly show that, then that's my fault.

Yes there's a huge difference between these 2 statements ! It seems you're the one who doesn't understand what Duke Freedom was saying, since you're making the exact same mistake above. Statement 1 is wrong and stupid. Statement 2 is a lot more accurate. Learn to understand the differences.

im assuming people are basing their opinions of 15 and under year olds on the people they meet on RS within that bracket, who are scamming, begging etc

however there are probably a lot more younger people playing Rs so the amount of scamming would have to be taken proportionaly before any "facts" could be carelessly spread across a forum like so much rancid butter. if 10 out of 1000 15 year old scams and 7 out of 30, 20 year olds scam which scams more?

Okay, I read your thread about how you're quitting rs, a perfect example of trying to sound smarter than you are. Like I said to the last guy, when you're trying to sound intelligent and informed, at least spell correctly. All those "rascist" people around...

I really really liked your incorrect use of "your" in all caps. Really added some emphasis and ex[bleep]iated your idiocy.

And did anyone say that the point of this thread was to make the world a nicer place or to solve anything? Was that the purpose of it? I was under the impression it was just so a bunch of twelve year olds could complain about being called noobs.

And dude, you've been saying you were quitting rs for a while now. You keep bragging about how great it is to be free and have a life. So why don't you? Why are you still sitting around on the tip.it forums if you are free and have no interest in it anymore? If you're going to do it, do it, I'm just sick of hearing about it.

I dont know who the hell you are and I honestly dont give a damn, but your really starting to piss me off.

You claim your 16, yet you clearly show that not all players above the age of 13 are mature.

And you think I need a life?

I'm a 23 years old pilot with a fiance, a house (not very nice but its ok)

and guess what punk, I can legally drive by myself past 9:00.

And you 16 years old, maybe with a permit, at most a car that your parents bought for you, maybe a girlfreind, and I would assume you spend a couple hours a week clicking in front of a computer screen, trying to make some imaginarry money in a fabricated world.

Why dont you get a life and grow up before you insult me for trying to improve the world by teaching peons like you to be polite.

And also you seem to state that:

Most people that play that are under...13 I'd say, are complete and total morons

I can guarantee I've met several people younger than 13 that were by far more educated, polite, and probley had a higher standard of ethics than you.

And I would say your one of the people who pitch a temper tantrum frequently on runescape, spouting every profane word you can mangae around the filter. And, I bet in the real world your a small lil punk who runs his mouth till he gets stuck in the face.

peon

dude, ive said it in my last post and ill say it again.

most younger people are very nice.

most of the stupid people ARE younger (and your one of them, now go to your friends in world 1 varrock and go selling the "rare" charcoal for only 1 million gps too)

no they dont contradict eachother. but you agreed with duke, and he says that most of the younger people are nice people. and you say that isnt true, yet you agree with duke freedom (ive explained it 3 times now, hope you understand it now). THAT is where you contradict yourself.

now please, get off this thread, there is no room for idiots here.

and about the flame war thingy i said earlier, i am still allowed to say the truth, arent i?

now get the hell off this thread. your saying younger players are annoying spoilt little brats??. well guess what, your one of them

and most younger players are very nice people

I'd just like to repeat what I said less that 24 hours ago...

"I once started a topic called "beggars at any level," which related a story of a level 75 who was asking me for free things. Some people posted that they had even been begged by level 100s. So, just as there may be beggars at any level, there may be other noobliness at any age."

Still, The argument has seemingly continued.

If the younger players are saying "don't call me an idiot just because I'm younger" while the older players say "most younger players are idiots," then I side with the younger players. If they express their concern about being generalized in a logical, appropriate manner, I think you should give "them" the benefit of the doubt. I'm 28, but I read what people say, regardless of age.

On the other hand, if the younger players say "I'm not an idiot, I'm better than you anyways, you're the idiot" while the older players say "I never called you an idiot," well, the older folks get the medal.

I think the problem here is just a lack of communication. Better yet, a lack of *comprehension.* Don't just scan over what the other guy says. Read it and UNDERSTAND it.

lpinkus

I dont know who the hell you are and I honestly dont give a damn, but your really starting to piss me off.

You claim your 16, yet you clearly show that not all players above the age of 13 are mature.

And you think I need a life?

I'm a 23 years old pilot with a fiance, a house (not very nice but its ok)

and guess what punk, I can legally drive by myself past 9:00.

And you 16 years old, maybe with a permit, at most a car that your parents bought for you, maybe a girlfreind, and I would assume you spend a couple hours a week clicking in front of a computer screen, trying to make some imaginarry money in a fabricated world.

Why dont you get a life and grow up before you insult me for trying to improve the world by teaching peons like you to be polite.

And also you seem to state that:

Most people that play that are under...13 I'd say, are complete and total morons

I can guarantee I've met several people younger than 13 that were by far more educated, polite, and probley had a higher standard of ethics than you.

And I would say your one of the people who pitch a temper tantrum frequently on runescape, spouting every profane word you can mangae around the filter. And, I bet in the real world your a small lil punk who runs his mouth till he gets stuck in the face.

peon

Lol, right...

I sincerely doubt that any of that's true...but let's just assume that it is for a second.

You're a pilot, eh? Well, in the...1960's that might have been a profitable career, but now the airline industry is taking a huge hit. So my guess is that...basing it on what I can judge from your level of intelligence is that you were the first to be downsized. How's Hardee's been lately?

Again...I doubt any of this is true...if you have time to play rs that much, I doubt that you have a fianc̮̩̉̉e. But even if you do, that doesn't mean much. For all I know you went to a house of ill repute for her.

Anybody can have a house. That's what the projects are for.

And let me just clear some things up for you:

I have my license.

I bought my own car (not great, but it goes)

I work 40 hours a week during the summer doing construction.

I have a 3.8 GPA (and I put about as much effort into school as I do in sleeping...almost none)

A higher code of ethics? I think you're getting these big words confused, scooter. Being irritable has absolutely nothing to do with your code of ethics. During the entire argument, I have yet to curse or allude to anything profane...except for the house of ill repute thing...but I'm incised at the moment.

"

Why dont you get a life and grow up before you insult me for trying to improve the world by teaching peons like you to be polite."

Lol, a peon? And you claim that I should be more tolerant and less judgmental. You think you'll improve the world by talking to people on the forums for a video game? You think that what you're doing is even remotely beneficial?

I've got news for you dude, arguing with people on a video game forum...most of which are probably close to half your age...that's not helpful.

23 and playing a video game constantly for several years...and I need to grow up.

Go ahead and quit, you moron! You've been talking about it for a few weeks. Rambling on about the FDA in the most incoherent talk I've ever heard. Check your own post, man. Most of the people on there say that you're full of it.

I invite everyone to check it out. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=303 ... rim+nimora

It's perhaps the most idiotic thing I've ever read.

Getting cold feet, Crim? Afraid you'll miss rs? Or is there some legitimate reason you're hanging around the forums long after your supposed farewell?

And as a side note, I reread what was posted earlier. I did misread it. The point that guy was trying to make was totally opposite of what I was. I was really tired at the time...not much of an excuse, but that's what it was.

I still stand by what I said in my first post...I never meant to stray from that. I actually stand by what I said in the other ones...except for quoting Duke. That kind of invalidated what I was trying to say.

I think most younger players are stupid.

I think most of the stupid players are younger.

Duke was implying that not all younger players are stupid, but that the stupid players are mostly younger. In my tired stupor I didn't see that. My bad.

Anyway, agree with it or not, that's how it is. You can think what you want of me after that mistake made in a tired state that could be likened to drunkenness, BUT

If Crim keeps posting here, it only further validates what I said earlier:

He's a 23 year old loser who is getting cold feet about quitting Rs...or the tip.it forums, which would be even sadder.

I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

And just for that one moment

I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

You'd know what a drag it is

To see you

-Bob Dylan

124 Combat

I'm 13, I'm not an immature idiot. I actually tend to make friends with people a lot older than me because most people my age are begging freeks, noobs and are idiots, racist, do a lot of mum insults and are simply pathetic. :roll:

Do I need anymore proof? I've said that MOST people 13 or younger are idiots. Here's one of their own admitting it.

124 Combat

most of the stupid people ARE younger (and your one of them, now go to your friends in world 1 varrock and go selling the "rare" charcoal for only 1 million gps too)

no they dont contradict eachother. but you agreed with duke, and he says that most of the younger people are nice people. and you say that isnt true, yet you agree with duke freedom (ive explained it 3 times now, hope you understand it now). THAT is where you contradict yourself.

and about the flame war thingy i said earlier, i am still allowed to say the truth, arent i?

now get the hell off this thread. your saying younger players are annoying spoilt little brats??. well guess what, your one of them

See above two posts. And I admit that I misread that. But you gotta see that the two things don't contradict each other IN AND OF THEMSELVES. They only did in the context of that post containing the quote.

I never said younger players were "spoilt little brats". I said that a lot of them were irritating imbeciles.

And my last post to you was EXTREMELY mild. I didn't even say that you were a moron in that one...which I'm quite sure of now. I didn't lay that blame out anywhere; I just said what I thought. You were too stupid to see that. I laid the foundation for finishing the flame war, you didn't want it. Now you've got one.

Anyway, sorry for taking over the thread with three straight posts, but considering I've got straight 12 hour days until this time next week, I won't be on any. I just wanted to tie up any loose threads.

I'll be back to defend my extremely unpopular position then. Not that I didn't expect that. The vast majority of rs players are 16 and under. And most of those probably fit into my 13 and under category. But that's what I think, so that's what I'm sticking to.

124 Combat

The sole fact that you have the audacity to make such arrogant posts as this is amazing, you clearly. I'm so certain that your own of those pethetic little clowns who talk so very big, yet never put up to a real fight.

You think I live in the Projects. How dare you I was raised in Hapeville Georgia, thats a step down from the projects, my parents met in drug rehab and it didnt help, I was one of the few white people in my community, but I was still respected. I've lived in a car and eaten nothing but dry Ramen Noodles, I spent the most of my time growing with a man named Jimmy Cane, and Josef Kukharets I was with them because my mom was out whoring for crack money and my dad was somewhere in Texas.

I no longer live in these conditions I own 3 1/2 acres of land in North Carolina and rent a Trailer and another house to some freinds.

And the fact that you find something wrong with trying to get a point of being polite to people across is your sole reason of attacking my name is also incredible.

I've never met someone so blindly arrogant and belligerant as you to maintain the level of a 9 year old girl going through her first period.

And theres little place for a loud mouth punk in construction.

I've done metal fabrication since I was 11 and can almost complete the bellhole test.

And to insult people whom you have never spoken to or never seen is amazing, you remind me of one of those imbeciles who talk about peoples moms online...and how old are they usually....under 13...hmm

I really dont care how people like you manage to survive in reality, but good luck your sure as hell gonna need it if you were to talk to someone like me offline.

And my reason for my coninued use of the forums is because I enjoy them. However idiots like you may change that.

And to relate how tired you are to your ignorance is amazing, its 1:00 and I woke up at 1am worked building a bowluntil lunch, gave out 3 lessons...and still managed to pwn you.

I guess the news is right, people with a smaller menta capacity do need more sleep.

I rarely say this but I would LOVE to meat you offline, and see if you can put up.

I advice you dont post again, you'll just prove every point I've just made if you do.

belligerant clown

See above two posts. And I admit that I misread that. But you gotta see that the two things don't contradict each other IN AND OF THEMSELVES. They only did in the context of that post containing the quote.

I never said younger players were "spoilt little brats". I said that a lot of them were irritating imbeciles.

And my last post to you was EXTREMELY mild. I didn't even say that you were a moron in that one...which I'm quite sure of now. I didn't lay that blame out anywhere; I just said what I thought. You were too stupid to see that. I laid the foundation for finishing the flame war, you didn't want it. Now you've got one.

Anyway, sorry for taking over the thread with three straight posts, but considering I've got straight 12 hour days until this time next week, I won't be on any. I just wanted to tie up any loose threads.

I'll be back to defend my extremely unpopular position then. Not that I didn't expect that. The vast majority of rs players are 16 and under. And most of those probably fit into my 13 and under category. But that's what I think, so that's what I'm sticking to.

You moron he clearly said "The two in and of themselves don't contradict each other." and you come on in a contradictive manner and agree with him.

WAY TO MAKE A GOOD ARGUEMENT!!!

Man: "the sky is blue"

You: "Your stupid its blue"

And this isn't a flame war, this is you coming online and being a lil [puncture] by insulting people who are more intelligent than you, like , 13 year olds, me, and lord muijs.

However you forget to make a feeble attack at everyone else.

And saying that he doesnt have the ability to understand isn't mild.

unless you seem to think so in which case you clearly dont understand anything, but like you said, its not offensive anyways.

If you have a posotion that says people under 13 are idiots, then its fair for me to say people under 20 are idiots?

Yet I dont I specify those people as I am doing right now. Nugget, you...are an idiot.

Not because your under 20, but because you demonstrate a complete lack of mental ability.

And to back up you point on someone under 13 that has freinds and is polite...

If you think people who make freinds are stupid then in your eyes your one of the most intelligent people ever, cause I doubt you have very many freinds.

LOL, why are you guys argueing about something that will never change? You can blame them if you want...but it's useless if noone's going to do anything about it. Think about it, you're 16 right nugget? Well, 3 years ago you were 13 years old, and you could HAVE possibly been one of those annoying brats that make 'your mom' insults. Don't you people realize this? You can't MAKE 13 year olds any better, because, well, there 13 year olds :roll: :wall: ! What do you expect from them, for them to drive a car, own a house, and have polite manners? Look, it's human nature that we "mature" as we eventually grow up. Just like we grow taller in time, we'll become more mature in time, and understand things better. You can't make yourself 6 feet taller in one day, can you? It's just ridiculous seeing you guys arguing about something like this. You can't play god and make people the way you want them to be. You can blame 13 year olds for their immature manners, but you might as well blame yourself too when you were 13 :roll:.

P.S. To crim nimora, thanks for the pm! :)

Sup noobs.

LOL, why are you guys argueing about something that will never change? You can blame them if you want...but it's useless if noone's going to do anything about it. Think about it, you're 16 right nugget? Well, 3 years ago you were 13 years old, and you could HAVE possibly been one of those annoying brats that make 'your mom' insults. Don't you people realize this? You can't MAKE 13 year olds any better, because, well, there 13 year olds :roll: :wall: ! What do you expect from them, for them to drive a car, own a house, and have polite manners? Look, it's human nature that we "mature" as we eventually grow up. Just like we grow taller in time, we'll become more mature in time, and understand things better. You can't make yourself 6 feet taller in one day, can you? It's just ridiculous seeing you guys arguing about something like this. You can't play god and make people the way you want them to be. You can blame 13 year olds for their immature manners, but you might as well blame yourself too when you were 13 :roll:.

P.S. To crim nimora, thanks for the pm! :)

All this is only true up to a point. A 13 year old is not a 3 year old. A 13 year old has a fairly good notion of right and wrong already. A 13 year old has heard of racism.

Maturity doesn't come in a day, it's progressive. Every day that passes, people get a little more mature.

There are some actions for which 13 year olds can most certainly be blamed. Being that age doesn't excuse every behaviour and action. Some, not all. Certainly not racism. I doubt any parent out there would excuse their 13 year old saying something racist just because he's 13. At 5 years old for example, that would be different. They'd just tell the kid not to say that again, not expect the kid to understand why. A 13 year old, on the other hand, can understand why pretty well.

Maturity doesn't come in a day, it's progressive. Every day that passes, people get a little more mature.

In fact, age doesn't even have to do that much with maturity. I've spoken to 11 y old in this game who acted much more mature then some 21 y old I met. Sure, the 11 y old could oftenly be very impatient, which ofcourse had a lot to do with his age (most young people tend to be very impatient).

But the point is, he was nice, honest and very polite (despite his impatience ;)), whereas the 21 y old was arrogant, rude and egoistic. Perhaps this actually has more to do with character traits then maturity, but in any case: it has little to do with age. ;)

When you interact with a player, observe his language, say a few things back, and see what happens. If he asks you to give him your armor because he's poor, he's a noob. If he asks you a reasonable question about an item or quest, respond nicely or say "sorry, but I'm busy." Then, if you're curious, go ahead and ask his age.

Age does not matter.

lpinkus