My Computer, and It's Big Problem

Dizzle229

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I'm typing this from a different computer than I regularly use. I have a problem with the other one and would really appreciate your help.

I log on this morning, and it has me on as a guest. I restart the computer, and still, it puts me on as a guest profile. It said to check the events log, and it said that the profile is "corrupt". Wtf?

I shut it down again and decided to wait awhile when I would be able to resist destroying the thing.

I get to the login screen (I have 32-bit Vista, so that screen), and I type in my password, and it logs me off, then immediately puts me back at the login screen. I've tried restarting, looking through manuals, and staring at it menacingly, but so far, nothing has worked.

This will probably be the last computer I ever own, I'm so done with these things, it's always SOME damn thing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Boot up with the Vista disc and choose repair, only thing i can think of atm.

Do you know if you have any type of malware on it?

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

What brand computer is it? Have you tried calling your tech support if it's still available? Maybe they can help you out?

You can also try asking around in this guy's chat his name is Chris Pirillo he's a techie/nerd/geek. He streams live video and has a chatroom with normally 400-500 people in it daily they are all geeks they may be able to help you out.

http://chris.pirillo.com/live/

xxteargodxx.png

Malware?

Anyway, I'll use the disk like you said, but will that take anything from my hardrive? I know it probably won't but better safe than sorry. And is there any fix for it making me a guest, or am I screwed there?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Alright, I just booted up in Safe Mode with networking, but internet is all that works. I'm going to try the Vista disc.

If you can boot into safe mode than that might mean you have a virus. I would scan while you were in safe mode.

I'm starting to get really annoyed at this computer.

Until someone looks at it, I think I'm screwed, but I have a quick question in the meantime.

Safe Mode is useless, Safe Mode with Networking is useless, but with 90% more internet (the 10% being videos).

There's a third option, Safe Mode with Command Prompt. What does this do?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Safe mode is only for troubleshooting purposes dude. You aren't supposed to just run normally in it. :roll:

You said you scanned and removed the files. Have you tried booting up normally since then? :wall: