Extracting data

Sy_Accursed

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Ok so on my clan forums we have a member list (obviously) and it tracks post count.

We wnat to extract this data to a public webpage/document so that we can access it using a spreadsheet.

The member list itself cannot be accessed if you are not logged in.

Now I can write basic extraction codes in Php (eg taking highscore data) but can anyone tell me if it is even possible (and if so how) to make a script that can log in and therefore access the data?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nope that was my first avenue

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That would be helping if i was simplying asking how to extract data, but I already know how to do that.

I need to know how to extract it from behind a password

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That would be helping if i was simplying asking how to extract data, but I already know how to do that.

Pull the data from the database, have PHP write it into a file that can be downloaded. You don't provide your database structure what more do you want me to do for you, you simply just state write a script for me.

Pull the data from the database, have PHP write it into a file that can be downloaded. You don't provide your database structure what more do you want me to do for you, you simply just state write a script for me.

If you read it carefully you'd see I said I KNOW how to screen scrape/extract data, I am in no way shape or form asking how to do that part of the task.

The issue was the memberlist I want to extract data from requires a login to access it. I want to know what coding I require to make a user log in to said page so that it is then accessible for your standard data extraction methods.

Plv6Dz6.jpg