f2p updates

randcfan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no you dont need updates, members pay for their updates, you pay too if you want them.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

u want updates, just pay then

the free servers are kinda like an introduction to the game

i ve never been a member and i like free server like they are now, only few more bankspace would be nice :P

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

actually i think more members would rather quit than go back to f2p

face it, f2p updates are NOT going to happen EVER! except for small updates once and a while like graphical, bugs, and small help things like tiaras and range stuff, be happy with that kids

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

I have a huge problem with the people who whine about F2P this and F2P that. The whole purpose of F2P is to introduce new people to the game in a limited environment. If they like it, they can pay the extra and become a member. I know that there are people out there who can't or won't spend the money for whatever reason. But you all need to understand the point of F2P and purpose Jagex is in business (to make money$$$).

I've seen hundreds of suggestions about modifying F2P in a number of ways, or giving F2P players a free "day" to experience P2P, and so on. Think of F2P as a limited opportunity to experience the game that is Runescape, which is, simply put, the members-only game. Don't think of P2P as an extension of F2P, rather, think of F2P as a preview of P2P.

With this in mind, you will understand that I am against any and all changes to F2P, other than that which will keep the F2P world portions of the world consistent with P2P. I don't generally think that things that members have should be catagorically given to non-members.

Now, of course, Jagex can do what they want - it's their game, their money and their resources. But if you understand what the purpose of F2P is, then you'll understand why you don't see a lot of changes and updates to it, and you'll very rarely (if ever) see an update that is specific to F2P.

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

I have a huge problem with the people who whine about F2P this and F2P that. The whole purpose of F2P is to introduce new people to the game in a limited environment. If they like it, they can pay the extra and become a member. I know that there are people out there who can't or won't spend the money for whatever reason. But you all need to understand the point of F2P and purpose Jagex is in business (to make money$$$).

I've seen hundreds of suggestions about modifying F2P in a number of ways, or giving F2P players a free "day" to experience P2P, and so on. Think of F2P as a limited opportunity to experience the game that is Runescape, which is, simply put, the members-only game. Don't think of P2P as an extension of F2P, rather, think of F2P as a preview of P2P.

With this in mind, you will understand that I am against any and all changes to F2P, other than that which will keep the F2P world portions of the world consistent with P2P. I don't generally think that things that members have should be catagorically given to non-members.

Now, of course, Jagex can do what they want - it's their game, their money and their resources. But if you understand what the purpose of F2P is, then you'll understand why you don't see a lot of changes and updates to it, and you'll very rarely (if ever) see an update that is specific to F2P.

We don't want your P2P stuff. We want something new, like a challenging quest.

You missed my point entirely.

Sure, we all want something for nothing. I'd love it if someone gave me 1 million gp or an abysal whip for free. But, if they did, what would be the point in my trying to train up to the point where I can earn one for myself?

The reason I became a member was because I had explored everything in F2P that I could. I had done all the quests, defeated all the monsters and gotten all the rewards. If I felt that Jagex was going to give F2P more stuff - new quests, new monsters, etc, then I may not have become a member. What would the incentive be?

Jagex wants to make money. They have two ways to do it: charge for membership and advertise. I sincerely doubt their advertising revenue comes close to what they are getting from membership revenue. Consider, of course, that one of the perks of membership is you don't get all the ads.

They make membership attractive because that's their bread and butter. The purpose of F2P is to get you interested in becoming a member, nothing more.

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Listen, F2P is not an "introduction" P2P is just an extension on to the game that JaGeX decided to create to make money off you guys. We all started out in F2P before, some on RSC and some who've started when RS2 came out. F2P won't get any updates unless JaGeX feels like it (For example the use of addy arrows, maple bows, etc) But don't be expecting some anytime soon if never again.

No. I don't think I'm Jagex Staff. Nor do I think I'm anyone's staff. However, I understand a little about how businesses work and why people go in to business. They do it for one basic reason: to make money.

Ok, why do you suppose Jagex made F2P first? Let's see. Perhaps it was their desire to build a customer base? Once they had built a loyal customer base, they introduced a new idea: "Hey, if you're willing to pay a little money every month, we'll make the committment to you, our loyal customers, to improve the game and give you updates and make the game more interesting for you."

So, which is it? P2P is and extension of F2P or F2P is a cut-away portion of P2P. Does it really matter?

If you look around the internet, you'll find that there are several MMORPG games that are at the Beta level that are currently offered for free. This means that the people writing these games are living off some kind of investment or savings while they get their idea off the ground.

When these games get enough "Customers," and most of the bugs are worked out, they will probably do the same thing Jagex has done: split the game into a Pay-to-play and Free-to-play model. Those who are willing to pay will get cool new stuff and updates. Those who aren't willing to pay won't get new stuff and updates as often, if at all. It's a business model that appears to work, and as long as it does, people will continue to use it.

You have two alternatives:

1. Find a game that is 100% advertiser supported that is free to play all the time, in all versions and variations. You'll just have to put up with the banners and pop-ups.

2. Find a game that is only Pay-to-play, and you won't have to deal with the distinction of F2P and P2P and advertising.

Jagex has chosen to do both, and, incredibly, the membership fee is hardly anything at all. $5.00 US per month? I can't even buy lunch for that amount.

MySig.jpg

this is riddiculous! there have been almost no f2p updates please any members please post this on the rs forums!members keep getting new skills and areas but weve got almost nothing

Runescrafting quest

Runecrafting skill

4 new random events (maybe 5, i cant remember)

All the range stufff

Draynor sewers

Tiaras

etc. etc.

I think jagex is being mroe than nice to us, since they are kind enough to give us updates even though we dont pay them. If you want super hard quests or new items, pay for members. O, and p2p is an expansion.

ShadowSam19.png

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 a month? Is it that much to ask?

I probably lose more than that behind the sofa.

Dude I lost 370 bucks in my sofa, I've ripped it apart and didn't find it, then I had to buy a new couch...and that cost another 400...

I dont use my couch very often anymore...

And as for f2p the only thing you'll probley ever get in the future is holiday items.

AND STOP ASKING FOR EXTRA CRAP THE GAME IS JUST AS TEDIOUS AND BORING REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH STUFF YOU GET TO USE

sorry but I had to make that look inportant as I clearly see most of the "your not getting anything"'s aren't sinking into these beggars.

Bubsa, for some families, they just really can't afford to let their kids pay for members, no matter how cheap ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 a month sounds to you. They would pay if they could, but for some, they just can't.

Also, I can see plenty of updates for F2P. If you guys just want new stuff, keep asking, and you'll get it! Well, here's the list! :D

1) JaGeX can make a new item that the mysterious old man gives to you, and it's called a "bomb". If you don't drop it within 2 seconds, you will die and you'll lose EVERYTHING.

2) JaGeX can make a new weapon that reduces your strength by 50 lvls.

3) JaGeX can make a new monster that drops nothing, and gives 1 exp per kill, but takes at least a team of 10 to kill.

4) JaGeX can make lvl 100 NPC pkers in the wilderness that can attack anyone, regardless which lvl in the wildies you're at.

5) JaGeX can make a new item called a dragon ninja sword, which when you equip it, you can't take it off, and it's attack power will go down by 5 every 30 min, until it reaches zero. You will then have the option to pay 5 million gp to take it off.

6) JaGeX can make an update so that you will get logged off randomly when you are in the wilderness.

7) JaGeX can make an update so that F2P servers will crash on christmas and never come back.

In other words, you might as well complain to JaGeX, because we can't do anything about it.

Sup noobs.

Bubsa, for some families, they just really can't afford to let their kids pay for members, no matter how cheap ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 a month sounds to you. They would pay if they could, but for some, they just can't.

Which is exactly why I pay for myself. And have done since before I was 15.

How does this thread ever get started? And it happens once every week or two, someone complaining about the lack of f2p updates. The answer is so obvious.

Imagine you visit the park everyday after school to hang with friends, play sports, etc., whatever. Say there's a water fountain there that everyone can use. Now, say there's also food concession stands that sell ice cream, hot dogs, etc., but you have no cash. So, you complain that it's not fair, that you should be able to get free food since just for using the park.

Doesn't make sense, does it? Well, that's somewhat what it's like when f2ps complain that they get no updates. Not the best metaphor, but it's the first one I thought of.

lpinkus

Man just think about why f2p players get no updates other than bug fixes. We are already playing for free, what more can you ask for? If you want updates, then pay the measly 5 dollars a month.

Domovoi123-Level 80 f2p

Noxious 0ne-Level 46 f2p

the thing is...

When P2P was first introduced, it was introduced as an extension to F2P!

So what? JAGeX started up a great, free online game. Then, people got really into it, and they realized they could be enterprising and extend the game for those who would pay. So, now it's a business. Did people expect to have an expansive, free game *with* continual updates forever?

lpinkus