Evil Tree - Post all corrections here

Kenneh

For the sake of keeping the new evil tree corrections/suggestions in one place - I appologize if you want them separated into another post

1) I confirm the 2 minute reward duration (although Jagex posts minimum of 5). If more than 5 minutes, you get a warnings at the 5 minute and 1 minute mark that your banking reward is going to expire. When you auto-bank a log, you see a swirling star animation above your character each time it banks.

2) Additional Reward: you can sell any unused kindling to the Leprechaun for 25gp each (you can save it in the bank - it stacks).

3) There is a limit to the number of fires that you can light against the tree. This seems to be specific to each tree.

I was able to light only 4 for a basic "Normal" tree and 6 for Oak. There appears to be a geometric shape to the base of

the tree that dicates how many fires you can light.

4) Burning the tree gives you firemaking XP (I haven't calculated how this works as once you light the fire, it burns to the end)

and chopping it gives you woodcutting XP.

5) The trees spawn in waves similar to Shooting Stars. In the 7 hours I played yesterday, 4 trees spawned about anywhere

from 1.5 to 2.5 hours apart. I haven't tested the limit of only cutting 2 trees. I was able to cut 4 trees yesterday, but not

sure if the system update to fix the public chat bug allowed me to more, or the normal daily timer reset allowed it.

6) When the tree is pre-mature (just spawning or a sapling), the spirit trees only give you a hint. The teleport seems to be only available after

the tree is mature and active. Hints can be vague or specific - maybe based on the maturity? The most vague hint is "a collection of yews" with no location. More specific hint examples include locations like "outside Varrock" or "in Seer's Village". There is still a pretty large range to find them. Outlying roots that touch players can be found far away. For example, a tree behind the Elemental Furnance/Seer's Bank can have roots sprout near the Camelot Teleport. "In Seer's Village" can actually mean in McGruber's Woods.

Thanks, I've added what I could to the guide. Any corrections on the guide are fine to be posted here.

If you have any information on the undiscovered locations, riddle solutions, or xp rates of trees, (those found already are posted viewtopic.php?f=30&t=784908 ), please post it in that topic( or here's fine) we're working on a complete list.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Evil trees can appear in one of 26 forest locations; just keep an eye out for leprechauns and thrashing roots (which might try to grab you). If you have completed the Tree Gnome Village quest, spirit trees will offer you directions, clues and teleports.

In the guide it only mentions 25, this is quoted from the RS website. So could you guys please fix =D

1. Next to the barrier to Lumbridge swamp(confirmed)

2. North of Varrock palace, Wilderness ditch(Confirmd)

3. East of Varrock near Tolna rift

4. South of the Monastery west of Edgeville

5. Near the Body Altar

6. West of Falador

7. South of Draynor Village near willow trees

8. North of Draynor Village near Draynor Manor(confirmed)

9. North of Seers bank

10. South of Seer's Village Flax Field by the yews(confirmed)

11. McGrubur's wood (inside the fence)(confirmed_

12. North of Legends Guild

13. Mine south of Legends Guild

14. Near the Ranging Guild

15. North of Yanille South of Gnome Stronghold

16. Southwest of Gnome Stronghold

17. South bank of Tree gnome stronghold

18. North of Shilo Village

19. Kharazi Jungle

20. South side of Ape Atoll, near the entrance to Marim dungeon

21. South of Castle Wars, NW of fairy ring BKP

22. West of Oo'glog (confirmed)

23. Lletya near the magic trees

24. West of Relleka

25. Duel Arena

26. Brimhaven Dungeon

I cannot confirm them all but ill confirm the ones I have done.

Guide has been updated with more information.

We've confirmed all but one location:

"5. Near the Body Altar "

Thanks for confirming most of the locations.

[Edit]

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Hi,

I have clarification on this:

You can only interact with two Evil Trees per day, and they appear fairly rarely, but can serve as a good distraction from other mundane tasks!

Interact means chopping/burning (obviously), but also nuturing and even having a spirit tree teleport you to a mature tree.

So take care if you are hunting. You may teleport to a tree with little or no health left (waste of a hunt).

You may nuture a sapling that turns into a normal tree and you were hoping for a yew!

You may want to note that trees come in waves about every 2 hours (give or take up to 20 min).

If a spirit tree hasn't offered a hint about a sapling or offered to teleport you to an evil tree, then one hasn't spawned on your world yet.

• 1 month later...

I seem to remember that when the minigame first came out, the only way a spirit tree would talk about the evil trees was if there was one on that world at the moment. Now when I talk to them they'll give me time estimates about when another one will curse the world with it's presence. I'm not sure if that happens when you've visited a certain number of evil trees or if it's just an update.

[Crew edit: this was an announced update, was added to guide thx.]

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

The farming xp for an evil (normal) tree that i received was 20 xp per stage of growth. I helped nuture a tree thru a couple of stages and ended up with 60xp to farming and checked my xp levels on arrival and after the first growth stage received the 20 xp. This farming xp is not yet confirmed on the evil tree guide, so can anybody else confirm these findings?

[Crew edit: added, credited, thanks!]

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone wants people to take world map pictures of places those trees show up, but here is one that was "near the guild of Legend's" or whatever the exact wording of that clue says:

[hide=Legend's Guild Evil Tree]eviltreehomeoflegends.png[/hide]

I know there is one that appears slightly north-east of the location I'm at in this picture, too (though I don't have a picture, the one I'm speaking of is closer to the Yew grove, south of the flax field and beehives).

[Crew edit: pics have been added for all locations, and all other things in this topic have been added, so this topic is being locked. If there is something we've missed please start a new topic. Thanks to all who helped!]

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]