Tasks to Block

Pitac83

Ok, so I am going to start using Duradel as a slayer master instead of summona.

I will be ranging all of my tasks(96 Range, 77 Slayer) What tasks should I block? I was thinking of blocking Iron and Steel Dragons, Black Demons, and Kalphites.

Last question...how many quest points do you need to be able to block 4 monsters? I have 200 at the moment.

That's all, thanks.

don't block black deamons great ranging spot in edge and in taverly and there are much worse tasks for range like maybe abberant spectres no range spots as they use mage ::'

Ieuanty.gif

ieuanty.png

drops worthy of note: karils top

slayer drops: 1 g maul 2 adamant boots

Well those task are about the best ones to range. If you are going to use a cannon then don't block kalphites or black demons. I block steels cuz they're a real pain to kill. At your range level iron drags shouldnt be much of a hassle. You need a minimum of 200 QPs to block 4 task, gj :thumbsup: . Besides steels i also have hellhounds blocked, and kalphites because they are a pain and don't wanna waste my time cannoning them when i rather have quick, possibly profit, tasks.

don't block black deamons great ranging spot in edge and in taverly and there are much worse tasks for range like maybe abberant spectres no range spots as they use mage ::'

These are also good to cannon in the Polli Dungeon, just pray magic prot. and cannon away

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Hmm...I guess I wont block black demons. I don't mind abberant spectres. I actually like ranging them.

Well those task are about the best ones to range. If you are going to use a cannon then don't block kalphites or black demons. I block steels cuz they're a real pain to kill. At your range level iron drags shouldnt be much of a hassle. You need a minimum of 200 QPs to block 4 task, gj :thumbsup: . Besides steels i also have hellhounds blocked, and kalphites because they are a pain and don't wanna waste my time cannoning them when i rather have quick, possibly profit, tasks.

I stopped using the cannon a while back. Guess iron dragons aren't so bad... I wont block hells though. I like doing clue scrolls.

So now...here's my new list:

Steel Dragons

Kalphites

Dunno what else to block...any suggestions?

That room is where most people go to cannon them.

They get pretty boring after a while and don't really drop anything good.

Most people cannon in the first room, you can pick up potato cactus for 850 coins each.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Most people cannon in the first room, you can pick up potato cactus for 850 coins each.

They cannon in that room with that blue dot too...I had a lot of competition there when I was cannoning them :|

I've blocked:

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

Warped Terrorbirds

Black Demons

The dragons are blocked because I just hate waiting in line and logging different worlds to get to a decent spot.

Black Demons because they're just so annoying and boring.

Warped Terrorbirds more for the annoyance I remember from doing the quest.

Are those the best ones to block for my current skills and equipment? Not really. I haven't rethought the list since I picked up Bunyips and got Ranged over 80.

Dagannoths and Kalphites? Incredibly boring but satisfying to knock off with about 1500 cannonballs.

Skeletal Wyverns? I only do them because I think just maybe I'll get that visage drop.

Mithril Dragons? Fortunately always less than 10 per task. I get three per trip using Slayer Dart and will get better at it fine tuning styles and equipment choices.

Once you've bought your permablocks and 3 slayer skill upgrades, is there anything really to buy with points besides the runes? Does anyone actually redeem 400 points as slayer exp?

xlorp.png

That's true. I love kalphite tasks though as they're really great xp with cannoning. Sure, I'm losing like 80k on a task but I'll be making profits while on other tasks anyway so it's not bothering me. Also, you could pick up the potato cactus which spawns there to make ur loss minimal. I wouldn't block kalphites if you want fast slay xp. I get my 180-ish task done in about 30 minutes.

Anyway, here's my blocklist: (got 3 blocks only cause I have low qps)

Steel Dragons

Greater Demons - unblocking once i get to 127 combat. Will block Black Demons then

Iron Dragons

M_A_R_T.png

They cannon in that room with that blue dot too...I had a lot of competition there when I was cannoning them :|

Just went a few days ago, no cannoners.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

[hide=]I've blocked:

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

Warped Terrorbirds

Black Demons

The dragons are blocked because I just hate waiting in line and logging different worlds to get to a decent spot.

Black Demons because they're just so annoying and boring.

Warped Terrorbirds more for the annoyance I remember from doing the quest.

Are those the best ones to block for my current skills and equipment? Not really. I haven't rethought the list since I picked up Bunyips and got Ranged over 80.

Dagannoths and Kalphites? Incredibly boring but satisfying to knock off with about 1500 cannonballs.

Skeletal Wyverns? I only do them because I think just maybe I'll get that visage drop.

Mithril Dragons? Fortunately always less than 10 per task. I get three per trip using Slayer Dart and will get better at it fine tuning styles and equipment choices.

Once you've bought your permablocks and 3 slayer skill upgrades, is there anything really to buy with points besides the runes? Does anyone actually redeem 400 points as slayer exp?[/hide]

I don't think I have done the quest to be able to kill them...so they aren't really something to worry about, are they?

Umm...a lot of the things you said seem kind of off topic :|

That's true. I love kalphite tasks though as they're really great xp with cannoning. Sure, I'm losing like 80k on a task but I'll be making profits while on other tasks anyway so it's not bothering me. Also, you could pick up the potato cactus which spawns there to make ur loss minimal. I wouldn't block kalphites if you want fast slay xp. I get my 180-ish task done in about 30 minutes.

I kind of want range xp more :P

[hide=]

[/hide]

Just went a few days ago, no cannoners.

Can you all stop trying to convince me to not block Kalphites? I just don't like fighting them :|

I took a look at my exp Rates and found the tasks with the lowest exp. I came up with

Mithril Dragons

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

Black Dragons

Red Dragons.

In order from least exp/hour to highest. Everything else had pretty decent rates. The rates are around 30k per hour for Iron,Black, and Red and around 23k per hour for Steel and Mithril.(They are the same exp per hour because of the general lack of available spots for steels and the abundance of Mithrils) Of the 5, I reccomend blocking all but Mithrils as you only get like 8 per task and it's quick points, and takes like 20 minutes. Hope I helped. ::'

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I took a look at my exp Rates and found the tasks with the lowest exp. I came up with

Mithril Dragons

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

Black Dragons

Red Dragons.

In order from least exp/hour to highest. Everything else had pretty decent rates. The rates are around 30k per hour for Iron,Black, and Red and around 23k per hour for Steel and Mithril.(They are the same exp per hour because of the general lack of available spots for steels and the abundance of Mithrils) Of the 5, I reccomend blocking all but Mithrils as you only get like 8 per task and it's quick points, and takes like 20 minutes. Hope I helped. ::'

Yep, that really helped a lot, but does Duradel assign Red Dragons often? When I was using summona , she assigned them very rarely. If so, I think it would be better to just cancel them.

Oh and I think I kinda like Iron dragons a little. I don't mind killing Black Dragons either.

Mithril Dragons

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

Black Dragons

Red Dragons.

Yep, that really helped a lot, but does Duradel assign Red Dragons often? When I was using summona , she assigned them very rarely. If so, I think it would be better to just cancel them.

Oh and I think I kinda like Iron dragons a little. I don't mind killing Black Dragons either.

Ha i'm sorry, I had completely forgotten that you were switching to Duradel when looking at rates. Duradel doesn't assign Reds. ::' Oh and as for Black Dragons, kill the baby ones in the Chaos Tunnels, but with a decent familiar, I clocked in around 65k-70k exp per hour. Had forgotten about those too when I wrote that paragraph, haha. So don't block reds or Blacks then. :lol:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

[hide=]

Mithril Dragons

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

Black Dragons

Red Dragons.

[/hide]

Ha i'm sorry, I had completely forgotten that you were switching to Duradel when looking at rates. Duradel doesn't assign Reds. ::' Oh and as for Black Dragons, kill the baby ones in the Chaos Tunnels, but with a decent familiar, I clocked in around 65k-70k exp per hour. Had forgotten about those too when I wrote that paragraph, haha. So don't block reds or Blacks then. :lol:

Hehe, alrighty then...that still leaves 2 spot on my list though. :?

Guess I should just wait and see what task I don't like, like the others said...

[hide=]

Mithril Dragons

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

Black Dragons

Red Dragons.

[/hide]

Guess I should just wait and see what task I don't like, like the others said...

One more is Scabarites, I just think they're a really annoying and bothersome task. One other task I should mention is Gargoyles. Very, Very annoying to slay in general and more so when Ranging. :-#

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

[hide=]

Mithril Dragons

Steel Dragons

Iron Dragons

Black Dragons

Red Dragons.

[/hide]

One more is Scabarites, I just think they're a really annoying and bothersome task. One other task I should mention is Gargoyles. Very, Very annoying to slay in general and more so when Ranging. :-#

Well I can't even access them yet, so problem for me? :P

Can't say much about gargoyles...i'll try them for the first few kills or so if I get them for a task. Thanks again ::'

No problem. Always nice to help out a fellow Ranger. :thumbup: And if you can stand Gargoyles, you're more of a man than I am. :o

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

No problem. Always nice to help out a fellow Ranger. :thumbup: And if you can stand Gargoyles, you're more of a man than I am. :o

Rofl, I'll probably get tired and give up after my 4th or 7th kill. :lol:

Was wrong about Irons...they suck. :(

Guess I only need 1 monster to take up that last place.