Some Circus Info

After making a thread in the general discussion forum about some circus info, I thought I'd post some here, so Tip It can update its guide.

First off, I think the locations of the circus could be added. I am pretty sure they always go in the same cycle of loactions. (I.e. Down this list.) I've tryed to describe the locations as best as possible: (If you want to do something fancy with a map, feel free. I aren't the best at that sort of thing.)

Seers Village: Just west of the town on the road to Hemenster

Catherby: Northwest of the town, to the west of the allotment patches.

Taverly: West of the Witch's House, by the house portal.

Edgeville: By the summoning obelisk/the bridge across the river to the GE.

Falador: East of the Mining Guild

Rimmington: Near the house portal.

Draynor: South of Draynor Village

Al Kharid: South of the entrance to the Duel Arena.

Lumbridge: Northwest of the city by the tree patch

East of Varrock: East of the city, south of the Lumberyard.

West of Varrock: West of the city, by Getrude and Juliet's house.

Gnome Stronghold: By the main entrance gate.

Second, I have been working out the way the points systems works. The way I do this, is to start my performance, do one thing, and then end early. I would then see how many points I got just for that, and conclude that that is what each is worth. (Individually, doing things together may affect this.)

As my discoveries are quite incomplete, I am unsure how much you want to add. Feel free to add whatever you want:

HOW THE CLOTHING WORKS:

For each circus related item you wear, you get 5 points added to your score. So if you wear 5 circus items on you, (the most you can), you get 25 points + your score from other things.

It doesn't matter which circus related clothing you wear. (I.e wearing full ringmaster is the same as wearing full audience.) What matters is that you wear something in each of the 5 clothing spots for circus gear.

EMOTES:

When you do an emote you get a base 3 points. E.g, if you wear nothing, do one emote, and then finish, you get 3 points. If you wear full circus gear, you get 28 points. (3 + 25 points from the clothing bonus.)

However, when you do an emote that a specific audience likes, you get an extra 75 points. E.g, with the Edgeville Ranged Citizens liking the "Trick" emote, you get 3 points from the base emote points, 25 from the clothing bonus, and 75 from the audience satisfaction, totalling an impressive 103 points just from doing one emote.

I was confused because sometimes I got 23 points, and sometimes 28. I now realise that this was because I was wearing acrobat for some of them, which doesn't have a hand object.

EVENTS:

(Have only just started on events)

I have yet to figure out much of the points, but I have found a few things. Also, I have come to realise that it too is quite simple, the way the points work:

I have yet to 100% confirm all of this, but I am pretty sure it is accurate:

Each level of activity in each event is worth a certain amount of points. So for example, the 99 agility tasks are worth the same as the 99 mage tasks.

Each level has different amount of points they are worth when successfully completing them: (These are the base points from each.)

99: 134

90: 115

80: 102

70: 90

60: 78 (yet to be verified)

50: 65

40: 52 (yet to be verified)

30: 40

20: 28

10: 15

Remember, this is just the base points. Other factors such as clothing, add more. So if you do a Anvil Tele (99) with full circus gear, you get 134 base points, + 25 from the clothing bonus, totalling 159.

If you fail the event, you get 0 points for it, so failing is a big disadvantage in getting lots of points.

If you do the same trick twice in a row, you do lose points.

WHAT THE AUDIENCE LIKES:

(This is very incomplete, as it requires lots of trial and error.)

I may be wrong, but I am guessing that for each town, there is a specific emote that each crowd specifically likes, (each crowd meaning that people watching agility, don't like the same emote as people watching mage,) and a specific activity (e.g. Lvl 70 Popenjay) for each crowd. (Are yet to find one, so can't be sure.)

The only audience liking thing I have found is with the Edgeville Citizens watching the Ranged Display. They like the "trick" emote.

Update: We have now found that the Draynor Mage Citizens like Alchemy Dumbells.

Credits:This is the list of people who have helped me decipher the point's system by submitting info:

-Mattie9999 (Me)

-acenator

-SportsGuy

-frigginacky

[hide=Quote...]

After making a thread in the general discussion forum about some circus info, I thought I'd post some here, so Tip It can update its guide.

First off, I think the locations of the circus could be added. I am pretty sure they always go in the same cycle of loactions. (I.e. Down this list.) I've tryed to describe the locations as best as possible: (If you want to do something fancy with a map, feel free. I aren't the best at that sort of thing.)

Seers Village: Just west of the town on the road to Hemenster

Catherby: Northwest of the town, to the west of the allotment patches.

Taverly: West of the Witch's House, by the house portal.

Edgeville: By the summoning obelisk/the bridge across the river to the GE.

Falador: East of the Mining Guild

Rimmington: Near the house portal.

Draynor: South of Draynor Village

Al Kharid: South of the entrance to the Duel Arena.

Lumbridge: Northwest of the city by the tree patch

East of Varrock: East of the city, south of the Lumberyard.

West of Varrock: West of the city, by Getrude and Juliet's house.

Gnome Stronghold: By the main entrance gate.

Second, I have been working out the way the points systems works. The way I do this, is to start my performance, do one thing, and then end early. I would then see how many points I got just for that, and conclude that that is what each is worth. (Individually, doing things together may affect this.)

As my discoveries are quite incomplete, I am unsure how much you want to add. Feel free to add whatever you want:

HOW THE CLOTHING WORKS:

For each circus related item you wear, you get 5 points added to your score. So if you wear 5 circus items on you, (the most you can), you get 25 points + your score from other things.

It doesn't matter which circus related clothing you wear. (I.e wearing full ringmaster is the same as wearing full audience.) What matters is that you wear something in each of the 5 clothing spots for circus gear.

EMOTES:

When you do an emote you get a base 3 points. E.g, if you wear nothing, do one emote, and then finish, you get 3 points. If you wear full circus gear, you get 28 points. (3 + 25 points from the clothing bonus.)

However, when you do an emote that a specific audience likes, you get an extra 75 points. E.g, with the Edgeville Ranged Citizens liking the "Trick" emote, you get 3 points from the base emote points, 25 from the clothing bonus, and 75 from the audience satisfaction, totalling an impressive 103 points just from doing one emote.

I was confused because sometimes I got 23 points, and sometimes 28. I now realise that this was because I was wearing acrobat for some of them, which doesn't have a hand object.

EVENTS:

(Have only just started on events)

I have yet to figure out much of the points, but I have found a few things. Also, I have come to realise that it too is quite simple, the way the points work:

I have yet to 100% confirm all of this, but I am pretty sure it is accurate:

Each level of activity in each event is worth a certain amount of points. So for example, the 99 agility tasks are worth the same as the 99 mage tasks.

Each level has different amount of points they are worth when successfully completing them: (These are the base points from each.)

99: 134

90: Yet to try

80: Yet to try

70: Yet to try

60: Yet to try

50: Yet to try

40: Yet to try

30: Yet to try

20: Yet to try

10: Yet to try

Remember, this is just the base points. Other factors such as clothing, add more. So if you do a Anvil Tele (99) with full circus gear, you get 134 base points, + 25 from the clothing bonus, totalling 159.

If you fail the event, you get 0 points for it, so failing is a big disadvantage in getting lots of points.

I am yet to figure out whether if you do the same activity twice in a row, the points for it decrease.

WHAT THE AUDIENCE LIKES:

(This is very incomplete, as it requires lots of trial and error.)

I may be wrong, but I am guessing that for each town, there is a specific emote that each crowd specifically likes, (each crowd meaning that people watching agility, don't like the same emote as people watching mage,) and a specific activity (e.g. Lvl 70 Popenjay) for each crowd. (Are yet to find one, so can't be sure.)

The only audience liking thing I have found is with the Edgeville Citizens watching the Ranged Display. The like the "trick" emote.

Well there you go Tip It, some nice information for you. My research is hindered by the fact that it is just me doing 1 thing at each display, only once a week. It would be better if I could get some people to help me. Noone out of the 1566 views that my thread got in general discussion offered to help, even though I was pleading for it. :cry: (Most people want to get the exp instead.) I don't suppose you mod/admin people could pursuade others/yourselves to help me? ;)

~Mattie~

[/hide]

HOLY COW! This looks like a huge undertaking! What kind of research help would you need? I'm not sure I would WANT to give up a chance at so many points each week, but if there was a big group and everyone knew exactly which ones were needed and maybe even they were assigned, I might be up for helping! It's funny...a little while back I was begging for information about the circus and couldn't find anything!

Is this points only or experience research, too? Since I already have all the costume pieces, I only do the circus each week for XP...not for points. I can try to look out for specific audience requests each week (depending on where the circus is).

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

HOLY COW! This looks like a huge undertaking! What kind of research help would you need? I'm not sure I would WANT to give up a chance at so many points each week, but if there was a big group and everyone knew exactly which ones were needed and maybe even they were assigned, I might be up for helping! It's funny...a little while back I was begging for information about the circus and couldn't find anything!

Is this points only or experience research, too? Since I already have all the costume pieces, I only do the circus each week for XP...not for points. I can try to look out for specific audience requests each week (depending on where the circus is).

Basically what research I need at the moment is the points for a successful event activity. Although, as I've figured out how the clothing works, I now realise that the points system is thankfully a lot simpler than I originally thought. So, given a few more weeks, (and hopefully no failures), I will probably have the basic outline of all the points.

However, the task of finding things that the audience specifically likes could be tricky. I don't think that the audience "tells" you what to do, you just have to slowly figure it out by trial and error (by doing one thing, and then stopping.)

Your line "but if there was a big group and everyone knew exactly which ones were needed", I hope to happen, but alas, most people want exp. I guess experience is worth more to them that knowledge.

On a side note, what you said at the end about experience research, I know a lot of people have done that. In fact, I found a thread about it here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=770853

I would sincerely appreciate if you helped me just once SportsGuy. It means one less week for me of gathering information.

What I'd propose doing, then...is making up a list of exactly what you need...right down to the emote or whatever. I certainly don't want to "waste" experience points for even one week if it isn't going to be helpful. If this is truly independent research, perhaps even creating a sign-up sheet where you tell whoever wants to help out what they need to do that week.

The problem I forsee is that you don't need just one week...you need at least two weeks...and you need to duplicate your results not just with you, but with someone else!

It might, as you say, be something that just isn't that important to the mass amount of gamers out there. Most people can get the full costume set pretty easily through trial and error (I did!) and while it's really interesting, especially if you can nail it down, it's not useful to anyone who already has the costume pieces (at least, until Jagex releases new, harder-to-get pieces).

I might give you a week of my experience to be helpful, but I don't think I can afford to miss out on the experience for extended periods of time. What you're doing is commendable, helpful, and to a lot of players, could be very useful. I just think you'll continue to run into trouble getting help more and more unless Jagex can continue to sign up new members - and ones who like the circus outfits!

295/303 Quest Points

Hmm, thanks for your post there SportsGuy.

You have a point there about about not just needing one week, but several. However, since no-one else (as of yet), has offered to help, I would like you to help, just for the conformation that the point system is the same for everybody. For all I know, it could be relevant on other factors such as the player's levels. While I doubt this is the case, as I said, I would like to make sure it is the same for other people.

If you are willing to do that, I can give you instructions of what I would like you to do, to see whether it is the same.

On a side note, to me, this information is not really about trying to make it more effecient to get points at the circus, but just for the sake of knowledge, and being interested. As far as I know, I don't think anyone else, (besides jagex of course,) knows how this works, so I would feel like I have accomplished something, by being the first to have knowledge on this subject.

As everyone should know,

Knowledge is Power ;)

If you need help, I can give you one week. Write out some instructions here for me and I'll report my findings.

Hopefully you'll get some more help, because I just can't give up those points each week.

295/303 Quest Points

Cool, thanks for offering to help SportsGuy. As it's just 1 week, I want to use it for the purpose of making sure that the points system is the same for everyone.

This is what I do: (So do the same) (This is pretty basic)

- Talk to assistant to start performance

- Do task

- Talk to assistant and finish prematurely.

I think for the purposes of comparing points, do this task for each of the events:

- Magic: Cast Anvil Teleport (99)

- Agility: Do one emote. (You can choose which one - just make sure you tell me what it is)

- Ranged: Shoot at Popenjay at Lvl 10 spot

With the Magic and Ranged performances, tell me whether you failed or succeeded the trick.

For these performances, wear full ringmaster (or other full circus gear), and nothing else. (For the ranged performance, you do need to take off the Mega-phonus to wield the bow, but as long as you're wielding the Mega-phonus at the start of the performance, you'll still get full points.)

Thanks again for helping.

Cool, thanks for offering to help SportsGuy. As it's just 1 week, I want to use it for the purpose of making sure that the points system is the same for everyone.

This is what I do: (So do the same) (This is pretty basic)

- Talk to assistant to start performance

- Do task

- Talk to assistant and finish prematurely.

I think for the purposes of comparing points, do this task for each of the events:

- Agility: Do one emote. (You can choose which one - just make sure you tell me what it is)

With the Magic and Ranged performances, tell me whether you failed or succeeded the trick.

For these performances, wear full ringmaster (or other full circus gear), and nothing else. (For the ranged performance, you do need to take off the Mega-phonus to wield the bow, but as long as you're wielding the Mega-phonus at the start of the performance, you'll still get full points.)

Thanks again for helping.

What happens if I fail the anvil teleport? Shouldn't I do something with a higher likelihood of passing? I'm only level 75 magic. I think it's highly likely that I get the ranged task completed, but perhaps one of those lower level teleports or a level 10 magic spell would be better, no?

I will wear full ringmaster and i suppose wield the bow and arrows for the popenjay.

295/303 Quest Points

What happens if I fail the anvil teleport? Shouldn't I do something with a higher likelihood of passing?

Well, as I'm 99 magic, I cannot do anything higher than my ability. Since you're 75, I thought you might possibly get more points if you succeed something higher than your level. (Hopefully not - but I want to confirm this.) It doesn't matter if you fail, I'd still be interested in the points you get from that.

What happens if I fail the anvil teleport? Shouldn't I do something with a higher likelihood of passing?

Well, as I'm 99 magic, I cannot do anything higher than my ability. Since you're 75, I thought you might possibly get more points if you succeed something higher than your level. (Hopefully not - but I want to confirm this.) It doesn't matter if you fail, I'd still be interested in the points you get from that.

I'm not sure...I know you get less experience if you barely succeed, so I'm guessing it would be that way with points, too.

295/303 Quest Points

I'm not sure...I know you get less experience if you barely succeed, so I'm guessing it would be that way with points, too.

Hmm... could be... I will look into it. But either way, I'm still looking to check on the system being the same for each person. The circus has now moved to Rimmington, so you can try it now.

Hmm... could be... I will look into it. But either way, I'm still looking to check on the system being the same for each person. The circus has now moved to Rimmington, so you can try it now.

My stats are in my signature...take a look at it, decide what you want me to do for those events that I'm less suited for and let me know. I will do the circus and report the findings tomorrow after I penguin search.

295/303 Quest Points

Well I think what I suggested before is still good. So..

I have recieved some other offers of help, so just this once would be good. You can go back to experience after.

I have recieved some other offers of help, so just this once would be good. You can go back to experience after.

started magic...casted anvil teleport...succeeded...just barely...ended early...159 points score.

started agility...did "jump for joy" emote...ended early...29 points score.

started ranged...equipped bow and arrow and shot at popenjay, level 10...40 points score

Wore full ringmaster before talking to each assistant.

Hope that helps...I'm going to get the experience from now on!

295/303 Quest Points

started magic...casted anvil teleport...succeeded...just barely...ended early...159 points score.

started agility...did "jump for joy" emote...ended early...29 points score.

started ranged...equipped bow and arrow and shot at popenjay, level 10...40 points score

Wore full ringmaster before talking to each assistant.

Hope that helps...I'm going to get the experience from now on!

Cool, thanks for that. That has confirmed to me that the points system is the same for everybody. (Although, you said you got 29 points with the emote... I think that should be 28. Are you sure it was 29? Maybe a typo, or a misread from screen?) If you don't remember, don't worry.

Thanks for your help, and good luck getting lots of exp in the weeks to come. :)

It was 29. Almost took a screen shot because I thought perhaps you wouldn't believe what I was posting. Triple-checked it. 29.

295/303 Quest Points

It was 29. Almost took a screen shot because I thought perhaps you wouldn't believe what I was posting. Triple-checked it. 29.

Hmm OK interesting... will check that out then. Was there anything in your iventory that could possibly have anything to do with it?

Hmm OK interesting... will check that out then. Was there anything in your iventory that could possibly have anything to do with it?

I couldn't possibly guess. I always have coins in my inventory...amulet of glory and ring of wealth, boots of lightness and spotted cape (not spottier).

Maybe it's more about levels than inventory anyway. If your other numbers all make sense and that's the only one, I don't know what to say. It was definitely 29. Maybe it was the emote I chose. Other than that, don't want to speculate.

295/303 Quest Points

I couldn't possibly guess. I always have coins in my inventory...amulet of glory and ring of wealth, boots of lightness and spotted cape (not spottier).

Maybe it's more about levels than inventory anyway. If your other numbers all make sense and that's the only one, I don't know what to say. It was definitely 29. Maybe it was the emote I chose. Other than that, don't want to speculate.

Mm OK. I think we'll just leave it.

• 2 weeks later...

might have been a hidden 28.5 points? maybe? also free bump.

crew is getting your circus locations added now.

We are most appreciative of your efforts on the emotes!

We are also hoping to get xp data in the guide soon (for each level activity); I've shared a pile of data with the forum user who has also collected data.

EDIT: locations added, credited. Keeping this topic open in here.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Thanks Pokemama for finally giving me a Tip It Crew response. :)

To be honest, I'd forgotten a bit about this thread, so some of the data was a bit out of date. (None of what you added though). Have updated that now. (E.g we now think that .5xp may not be given anymore)

Should I be continuing to update this thread here? Or are you fine just looking at my main thread in the General Discussion forum, and updating the guide when you feel the information there is complete enough? (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=785980)

:oops: my apologies Mattie, I truly thought I had posted on your thread before now. I definitely wanted to let you know how impressed I am with all the hard work you have put into this. You have way more persistence than I could possibly have with it, lol.

I have not done circus yet this week. if you would please assign me one thing to do at the current location I will do it to contribute to the effort here. I'm not good at picking and choosing lol.

my levels are:

Agility 76

Magic 88

Ranged 86

and I have all emotes including a quest cape, if needed.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

:oops: my apologies Mattie, I truly thought I had posted on your thread before now. I definitely wanted to let you know how impressed I am with all the hard work you have put into this. You have way more persistence than I could possibly have with it, lol.

I have not done circus yet this week. if you would please assign me one thing to do at the current location I will do it to contribute to the effort here. I'm not good at picking and choosing lol.

my levels are:

Agility 76

Magic 88

Ranged 86

I want to say how impressed I am as well! I did do the circus this week already, but if you start getting more help I'll contribute again as well. As before, just hand out specific instructions and I'll follow them...and I'll take proof pictures next time to ease your concerns!

295/303 Quest Points

my levels are:

Agility 76

Magic 88

Ranged 86

Well thanks for your offer there! I'll take it up.

I think we concentrate most people on finding preferred emotes/tricks as it requires most work, so you could do this for each event:

Start the event

Do these ten emotes: (I did just change these!)Clap, Salute, Goblin Bow, Goblin Salute, Glass Box, Climb Rope, Lean, Glass Wall, Idea, Stomp, (they're one after each other on the emote panel)

Finish the event

When you're done, submit the info on the submission thread. (viewtopic.php?f=200&t=786355).

I want to say how impressed I am as well! I did do the circus this week already, but if you start getting more help I'll contribute again as well. As before, just hand out specific instructions and I'll follow them...and I'll take proof pictures next time to ease your concerns!
Thanks for your offerings again. :)

What I think you can do SportsGuy, is keep doing what you usually do (getting exp), just record the description of what you did, and the points you got. This way, you can help narrow down the possible preferred emotes/tricks while still getting exp. As we know the basic outline to the point system, we should be able to decipher how you got the points reasonably well.

We're trying to get more people involved in this, so by letting people do what they usually do, but record it, we hopefully should get more help.

By the way, I keep saying "we" because acenator has been a great help lately, and has done some big contributions, especially working out the points for the events. He deserves some credit too. ;)