Deadly Blue Screen Windows Xp, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

superklingon

hi, im running windows xp, pentium 4, 3.2gh, ATI radeon 9800 Pro with 128mb, iv got 1gb ram (1024mb) and every so often (usually when un-hibernating) i get a blue screen

it states that if iv seen this problem before contact my admin and if not i should try doing this this and this... those things often include like uninstalling drivers of such, but this hasnt fixed it

i was serching google and found this image

http://iko.unix.zavinagi.com/download/b ... een_XP.jpg

it says at the top, ur system has shut down to provent damage to ur computer

here another pic, wich is similar to mine

http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages/200409/BSOD_2.gif

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/9288/MVC-631X.jpg

id really apprietiate some help or if its happened to you, post here

Your computer overheated most likely. The Ati 9800 is a pretty hot card. Check to see if its vented properly (no PCI card next to it) and see whats the rating on ur case. Worst case scenario u will need a more powerful computer case fan.

I would try to buy an aftermarket fan for the 9800 as well. Most likely it is the card. That way not only do you have better ventilation you can overclock it to a 9800XT like i did to my old pc :) Just need to flash the card and u got urself a 9800XT lol.

*looked at pic*

Yeah its ur video card. Most likely overheating since with XP i doubt it can be installed wrong. Did u use an Omega driver or just the Windows/ATI driver? Omega drivers can cause some problem on some computers. I would try to reinstall the driver. If it doesnt work try measure the temp of the card. I suspect its overheating but there can be other causes. (usually if ur card's driver is bad or the whole thing is fried you would have got distorted image or none at all, in some rare cases ur hardware acc will be gone)

Ironically the Omega drivers solved almost all problems I had with my 9800 pro :P

But that aside, I wouldn't quite put it down to overheating.

Looks to be more of a memory leak. Mainly since it so far only happens coming out of hibernation.

Get MemTest and run a scan or two (just to be sure or something).

If that comes back clear then keep note of any other blue screens and exactly what you were doing when they happened.

I highly doubt it's a HDD failure but you never know sometimes :-?

Next time the error appears can you tell us the exact error. thanks

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12