Java.exe problems

chris1216

After dying for the second time at Godwars thanks to system lag....

Occasionally java[Caution: Executable File] will go nuts and go from using about 66K of mem usage to 179k (same difference in Virtual Memory size also). This causes insane lag and has gotten me killed twice.

I'm running the latest version of Java on Windows XP SP2, old 1.6ghz laptop with 2gigs of RAM.

Any suggestions or answers or explanations?

I dont understand. 66 - 179MB (I'm assuming you mean MB, KB seems a bit on the low side :P) is nothing with 2GBs of RAM. I have XP SP2 on my computer and I rarely use more than 2GB of RAM even when major release games on highest graphic settings. It's much more likely to be your processor or your graphics card. What type of processor is this? Single or dual core? Also, what graphics card does your laptop have? To find out go to start > run and type "dxdiag", and click on the display tab. If you're trying to run Full HD with an intel integrated graphics chipset you are going to have lag problems.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Whoops, yes. Java[Caution: Executable File] goes from using 66-179mb of memory/virtual memory.

It's a 1.6ghz centrino with a Mobility Radeon 9000.

The thing is, I'm playing Runescape on the absolute minimum possible graphics (standard definition with all the graphics options turned off). It runs perfectly until java goes absolutely insane and my computer just chokes up.

What other things do you have open when playing Runescape? I have the exact same CPU with an Intel IGPU and I can run RSHD and watch a Hulu movie while powering a 19" monitor.

If you want, you can run this which will test your download speeds. Post the results if you do it.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

What other things do you have open when playing Runescape? I have the exact same CPU with an Intel IGPU and I can run RSHD and watch a Hulu movie while powering a 19" monitor.

If you want, you can run this which will test your download speeds. Post the results if you do it.

While godwarring, nothing. I closed all other apps and tabs in Firefox to make sure I had zero lag.

I'm not on the computer having problems at the moment, but my speedtest usually run about 300kbps down and 75kbps up (line is a 1.5-3.0MB DSL line).

Java[Caution: Executable File] starts out occupying 66mb of memory and then increases to 179mb (I don't know if it's increasing gradually or [bleep]ing) and my computer just chokes. Sometimes I can ride it out and my cpu usage drops back to normal levels (from 100%) and sometimes it just stays at 100%.

While godwarring, nothing. I closed all other apps and tabs in Firefox to make sure I had zero lag.

I'm not on the computer having problems at the moment, but my speedtest usually run about 300kbps down and 75kbps up (line is a 1.5-3.0MB DSL line).

Java[Caution: Executable File] starts out occupying 66mb of memory and then increases to 179mb (I don't know if it's increasing gradually or [bleep]ing) and my computer just chokes. Sometimes I can ride it out and my cpu usage drops back to normal levels (from 100%) and sometimes it just stays at 100%.

Java isn't usually the issue, as it does demand a lot of memory. If it happens occurs only when Java [bleep]es, then we know it's a physical problem. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Java though.
hopesolopatriot.jpg