Deep straches on game, so bad the ps2 wont read it.

blade995

I bought the new madden 2006 game 3 days ago and played it over my friends house. His ps2 is kinda messed up. His ps2 scrached the game so badly it wont read it on his, and my ps2.

The game was $50 and don't have the money to go out and re-buy the game. So i was think of buying one of the scratch removing items. Such as disk docter ect. I heard they take a "layer" off the disk, is that true? Will it affect my game play?

There is a store near my house that will fix any game for $15. $15 for one game and i could buy the disk docter type thing for about $25. Worth it to buy the disk docter thing?

Thanks for the help. Some are deep scraches and some are scrapes. Yes that bad.

Any other suggestions for this type of thing? I am not rich so i am a little tight on money. But if it's worth it to buy the disk docter if it happens again.....

goldenblade995.png

Well, i found another place that will garentee that they will take off every scratch for $5 :D . Even deep scratches and scrapes like my game.

The other place was a rip they said $15 because they were so deep into it. There loss :lol: .

Mods you can lock this if you want, problem fixed.

goldenblade995.png

Well, i found another place that will garentee that they will take off every scratch for $5 :D

If it's a garauntee then maybe make sure if it doesn't work you will get your $5 back?

sig2ho7.jpg

hmm, and you spent how much on gas to find the new place for $10 less, also the one for $15 instead of replacement? hehehe :lol: Im sure if they gurantee it hel get money back, thats generally what gurantee means ;-p. But yeah make sure lol.

If its scratched deep then your friend did it not the PS2. Ive not ever seen a Class 2 Laser cut thru a cd before

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well i was over his house while we were playing it. All of a sudden his ps2 we here are noises comming from it, and the game froze. This has happend to one of his games before also.

hmm, and you spent how much on gas to find the new place for $10 less, also the one for $15 instead of replacement?

I went to gamestop (5mins form me) and they said they couldn't do anything but recamended 2 places that could. One in my city and another the next one over. I was near the one in my city(duh if i live there) and the other had to go up the mall anywase. Plus it's my moms car so it's her gas :lol: . I am only 14.

goldenblade995.png

Well I was gonna suggest exactly what you did. Some months ago I came home completely inebriated and proceeded to play my Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The next morning I got up to find it covered in scratches.. I took it to a video hire place nearby and they used a buffing machine to remove the scratches. Happy ending.

For the record, I have a disk doctor and the thing is amazing. It's fixed at least 10 or so of my cds that couldn't be read even after cleaning in a regular cd cleaner. Great investment.

But for just 1 game, you can't beat $5 with a guarantee :)

I got my game back last night :D . It works like new again. Not one scratch on it at all.

Even better they fix PS2's my friend is going to bring his there to be fixed. He bought mvp baseball and guess what it broke that game in the ps2 :lol: . That was even worse it was 1 day old and when it broke mine it was 2 days old.

goldenblade995.png