USB problems

Ne0z

Well i recently formatted my computer from home edition to proffesional and now after i did this my usb plugs dont seem to be working. i have 6 in the back and 2 in the front, but none of them are working.. :?

I have an ibm computer with windows xp pro now.

After i formatted i had to download all the drivers from the ibm website because i had lost my driver disk :oops:

Im not sure if there are any drivers or anything needed to use the usb but any help you can give me would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Run a windows update, if it doesn't pick up any new drivers then:

Right click "My Computer" click Manage, go to "Device Manager" look under the "unknown devices" category. Optimaly there will be nothing in there. If you see something like "USB 2.0" or anything about "universal serial bus" then it's a driver problem, and you need to find out where to download the USB drivers.

Run a windows update, if it doesn't pick up any new drivers then:

Right click "My Computer" click Manage, go to "Device Manager" look under the "unknown devices" category. Optimaly there will be nothing in there. If you see something like "USB 2.0" or anything about "universal serial bus" then it's a driver problem, and you need to find out where to download the USB drivers.

Thnx, i found universal serial bus (usb) or something in other devices and it said the driver isnt installed.

Does any1 know where i mite be able to download a Driver for my windows xp ibm computer?.. ive searched but cant seem to find any

If you run windows update it automatically downloads the most recent drivers for you, not sure if it downloads downloads new drivers though. I would try windows update first (go to windowsupdate.com with internet explorer).

Also, maybe open device manager (right click My Computer, click Properties, Hardware, Device Manager) and go to the section that says Universal Serial Bus Controllers and tell me what you see. I believe that there should be a red mark over the symbol next to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", and if not, a red mark over symbols in the plus sign drop down menu. Right?

If this is the case then you're missing a driver. In that case if you tell me your computer manufacturer and model number I might be able to find it.