Armor suggestions

pamzheng

Hello, I'd love to get some advice on my armor..

This is the my "casual battle armor":

Helm of Neitiznot

Untrimmed Skillcape

Amulet of Fury

Granite Body

Rune Defender

Dragon Plateskirt

Gloves (Dragon) (From Recipe for Disaster)

Dragon Boots

Warrior Ring

I want to replace the Granite Body with any of the platebody equivalents stated below, preferably the Bandos Chestplate.

Dragon Chainbody

Bandos Chestplate

Dragon Platebody

Economy plays in, I don't have the cash for any of them right now. However, I have 99 Woodcutting and am using the Dragon Hatchet, so it wouldn't take too much time to save up for any of those. What do you think?

When it comes to gloves, I have not yet completed Recipe for Disaster, and lack some of the requirements, and am therefore using the so-called Dragon Gloves.

About the ring, I'm not sure whether to go with the Warrior Ring (+4 slash) or Ring of Wealth (Increases chances of some rare drops), any advice on that?

Note, as a perfectionist, I am unable to use Barrows armor for purposes other than as just "nice skilling clothing", haha.

Thanks

- Alice

Torags/dharoks/guthans platebody is better than all your options, plus it is alot cheaper (usually 200 - 250k)

For example...

Torag's vs Dragon chain Click here to compare

Torag's vs Dragon platebody Clack here to compare

Torag's vs Bandos Chestplate Click here to compare

So as you can see, torag's is far better defensively compared with these options, plus it's far cheaper. Yes, you do have to repair it, but after it's degraded, sell it and buy another one.

Torag's Platebody = 222k

Torag's Platebody 0 = 177k

So for every 15 hours yotu spend in comat with his platebody, it only costs you ~45k. If you think about it, it's not alot at all.

The only reason people use bandos is that is has a strength bonus, and these players feel they have a high enough defence level to compensate for the difference lost compared with Torag's.

----------

Only use a ring of wealth if the monster you are killing drops an item worth more than 100k (well that's my rule anyway) What's the point in wearing one if the monster you're killing doesn't drop anything good?

I would switch between these rings depending on what you kill.

If you want bandos chestplate so much, i still suggest using torag's and switching the warrior ring to a berserker ring which will give you the same strength bonus.

Also, only use a warrior ring if you're going to benefit from it's slash bonuses (ie whip) What's the point in using it with a dragon mace for example when it doesn't have a 'slash' option?

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Torags/dharoks/guthans platebody is better than all your options, plus it is alot cheaper (usually 200 - 250k)

Well, I know, I should probably use a Torag's/Dharok's/Guthan's platebody for some occasions because they have very high defence at a very low price. I still feel that I want something like Bandos Chestplate though.

Oh well, thanks anyway, I will probably stock up on some Barrows platebodies but also try to get my hands on a Bandos Chestplate.

Only use a ring of wealth if the monster you are killing drops an item worth more than 100k (well that's my rule anyway) What's the point in wearing one if the monster you're killing doesn't drop anything good?

I suppose, hmm.

If you want bandos chestplate so much, i still suggest using torag's and switching the warrior ring to a berserker ring which will give you the same strength bonus.

I'm not going for as high strength as possible, but am often looking for good offensive bonuses (like Rune Defender, Warrior Ring), I don't think I will get a Berserker Ring because of this.

Also, only use a warrior ring if you're going to benefit from it's slash bonuses (ie whip) What's the point in using it with a dragon mace for example when it doesn't have a 'slash' option?

Yeah, obviously, whip is what I use unless I'm training strength, and then I use slash as well..

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

I'm not going for as high strength as possible, but am often looking for good offensive bonuses (like Rune Defender, Warrior Ring), I don't think I will get a Berserker Ring because of this.

Umm i don't see why you won't get a ring that adds strength. Berserker ring is better then a Warrior Ring unless you don't have the money for a berserker.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]