Baller's Log-In System Idea

RSBDavid

(sorry about crappy screen shot editing :(

My idea is to have a Log-In Account of which you can associate 2-3 game accounts with.

You would get a log-in screen similar to:

29wah50.jpg

You would enter your LOG-IN account user and password.

Noe you have to enter your LOG-IN account pin:

123xo5u.jpg

This will bring you to the character selection screen:

2911icj.jpg

The characters name will be listed above. When you click it it will show a screen with the stats and will have a log-in button or return to character selection button. When you log in, you still have to enter your password.

You can click the green + button to add a character. To add a character you must answer the recovery questions you have set as well as your password. You will be asked to set a pin number up to log-in with (optional).

To remove a character you must click the red button then the character. You will be prompted with some of the same things as when you added the character.

Benefits:

Protects your characters. People can't get your characters unless they use a key logger or trojan horse to obtain your log-in name.

Organize other characters you may have.

post your two cents on the system.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

So the point is to make it easier to switch accounts? I could see this being handy for pures, but make it optional so that players who primarily use one account don't have to enter a pin each time.

I do see one downside, though - if the username\pin to your login account is compromised, ALL of your accounts are.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Well, maybe, but i'm not really sure about Jagex's stance on more than one account... Anyone know?

Calling fishing a money-making skill would be an exaggeration.

Not exactly funny, but a good quote, no doubt. Also, he probably doesn't know I stole this from him.

Well, maybe, but i'm not really sure about Jagex's stance on more than one account... Anyone know?

It's allowed, in fact Jagex has encouraged players to make a new account for the new tutorial (which is still being updated :shock:)

As long as they do not interact in any way, there are no problems.

If this system was to be implemented, it would probably be safer than the current one.

You could recover characters, by say setting a pin/recovery details to EACH ONE, so a username and password got you into the selection, but a pin got you to your character, and if someone steals your account, you can just have your characters transferred to a new account with the standard recovery details like we have now.

Also, for the pin thing, I think that when you go over each number, ALL the numbers should dis-appear, making it impossible to track. (Currently, a keylogger could have a picture taking addon, that when it detected a pin screen, (which is already possible, just look for colors) that it takes pictures of each user click, so having ALL the numbers dis-appear would just give the hacker a blank pin screen)

Also, for the pin thing, I think that when you go over each number, ALL the numbers should dis-appear, making it impossible to track. (Currently, a keylogger could have a picture taking addon, that when it detected a pin screen, (which is already possible, just look for colors) that it takes pictures of each user click, so having ALL the numbers dis-appear would just give the hacker a blank pin screen)

Already covered in earlier posts in threads in this forum. Nowdays keyloggers can actively monitor the area around the mouse, and do a frame dump whenever the mouse goes over the colors of the PIN keys. If your computer is insecure enough to get a keylogger, it's a simple matter for a hacker to get your pin.

If this system was to be implemented, it would probably be safer than the current one.

You could recover characters, by say setting a pin/recovery details to EACH ONE, so a username and password got you into the selection, but a pin got you to your character, and if someone steals your account, you can just have your characters transferred to a new account with the standard recovery details like we have now.

Pins take considerably longer to enter then passwords, making this system both less secure and much more hassle then the current one. It would be used by no one.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Hmm... Has Jagex always supported multiple accounts? I seem to vaguely remember something back in... 2002? 2003? That they didn't want that type of thing... Oh well, all the more money for them. :thumbsup:

Anyway, pins to kind of bother me, so i'd rather just stick with the current system. How hard is it to just log into another account? And what is this stuff about using a multiple-game account? Did I interpret that correctly?

So many questions...

Not exactly funny, but a good quote, no doubt. Also, he probably doesn't know I stole this from him.

I went through and updated my idea a little bit and replied to your comments.

So the point is to make it easier to switch accounts? I could see this being handy for pures, but make it optional so that players who primarily use one account don't have to enter a pin each time.

I do see one downside, though - if the username\pin to your login account is compromised, ALL of your accounts are.

If your security gets bypassed all of your accounts will be compromised anyways.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lol, stuff up all your accounts.

What?

Jagex says as long as we don't interact between our accounts we can have more than one.

Hmm... Has Jagex always supported multiple accounts? I seem to vaguely remember something back in... 2002? 2003? That they didn't want that type of thing... Oh well, all the more money for them. :thumbsup:

Anyway, pins to kind of bother me, so i'd rather just stick with the current system. How hard is it to just log into another account? And what is this stuff about using a multiple-game account? Did I interpret that correctly?

So many questions...

Yes. Your Log-In account lets you access your characters. which you can set a password on each character or just enter a pin to log in it. This is more secure because a hacker must get your log-in name to get access to your characters. As soon as you associate your accounts with your log-in name, no one else can. for example, If you had character A,B, and C linked with a log-in account with the name of "bobthebuilderfailsatfixingcrap", if not key logged or Trojan horsed, you would have to give someone your log-in name before they could log into account A,B, or C.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Actually I did misinterpret you:

My idea is to have a Log-In Account of which you can associate 2-3 game accounts with.

I thought, only for a second, that you meant 2 or 3 accounts from different games. I realize now that I was completely and utterly wrong #-o

Oh well.

If your security gets bypassed all of your accounts will be compromised anyways.

Only the ones that were accessed during the breech. It's common on library\school\friends computers, as if your home computer is infected you've got a lot more problems. As such, it will generally only affect one of your accounts.

DeviledEgg24.png