Administrator to use Programs? (Vista)

XCRunner772

On Vista, I have a program that I want to use, but whenever I install it, it's blocked by an administrator. I get it downloaded fine, but I can't actually use it. Only administrators can. Is there a way I can change this?

mozzys.gif

confuter.png

XBL Gamertag = MakesYouScream

WoW = Runetotem Horde - Vidars

I had my father give me administrator so I can try and deal with this problem. But normally, no I am not. And my parents don't trust me with it, so don't go down that ally.

mozzys.gif

confuter.png

I have already installed the program, but I don't have the right permissions to use the program. I did Right click > Properties > Security Tab. All the "Allow" boxes are checked. So I can modify, read & execute, write. Yet I can still not open the program unless I'm an administrator.

mozzys.gif

confuter.png

Playonline Viewer. It's for Final Fantasy XI Online. You have to download the program from the internet because they don't have one out right now that's on CD that's for Vista.

mozzys.gif

confuter.png

right click -> run as administrator?

That would imply his parents are going to give him the Admin password.

I wonder if it's a permissions issue on the programs home folder, it's possible the program may be trying to write to a file there. Under C:\Program Files, locate the programs folder, and set it's permissions so you have full read and write, also make sure you have read and write on it's contents too.

Clare, isn't that the same as right clicking on the program's shortcut on my desktop, properties, security tab? That (the security tab) shows I have all the permissions.

mozzys.gif

confuter.png

Still having my problem :\

If you don't have admin privileges, you won't be able to run it, regardless of whatever permissions you think you may have.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I need a way to be on a non-administrator account and still be able to use the program. My parents don't trust me with administrator.

The whole point of an administrator account is to be able to run all programs, if they won't let you use the admin account then you are out of luck.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti