Some more retro art!

Futurama

Really starting to get into the more old styles of art (check my pop art post)

My friends just had her room wallpapered lilac with loads of lilac junk in, so she wanted a nice lilac picture to stick on her wall, without it being something tacky like a poster.

I've known her for a long time, and i know she loves Razorlight, especially the vocalist. As much as i still hate this band (and she knows it, hahah) I decided to draw the singer for her. Pleased with how it came out, gonna be doing a bit more of this in future :)

drawingrazorlightimproved8lv.jpg

(OLD ONE -)

http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 2copy2.jpg

Constructive Criticism and all comments welcome, as usual :) thanks!

edit : link didnt work so put it as a direct image, woo =D

edit 2 : oh my god i suck at img tags, just click the link grr :P

edit 3 (oh my days!) new version uploaded

drawingguyfromrazorlight2copy2.jpg

added the image for you - Korla

logo.jpg

Ok, i've totally redrew the image so its less grainy and junk. I'll admit the text is ripped, hahah, but the rest is most definately not. Quite easy to just use threshold to extract light parts, and then use a 30% eraser to add some details in :)

PLEASE ONLY COMMENT ON THE NEW VERSION!

logo.jpg

Defninitly much better. The old one was quite fuzzy in places :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad it isn't the same color as her wall. If it was, I was going to suggest a darker hue, or a complimentary color to give it that much more interest in the room. I'm no interior design major, but it seems like it would look nicer if everything wasn't the exact same color. Sort of like peptobismol throw-up. And I've not done too shabby a job on my own room. :P