Not sure what to do... (combat)

c_o_w

Ahem. To clear anything about slayer up, an excellent post by compfreak.Slayer Sucks

Option one, then option 2.

I don't see you point? Slayer is a good way to train stuff. Who really wants to camp at creatures hours on end? Not me...

His point is that if you only want combat xp, and that's the only thing you want, slayer isn't the best option. However if you want fun, variety, and an OVERALL better benefit, slayer is the way to go.

Slayer,to be truthful, is a waste of time. It's not really variety, you're still doing what you always to in runescape:grind. Just grinding in a different way. It's better if you grind more effeciently.

It's better overall because you raise an extra skill. If you're going for a high total level, or maxing out, it's faster to train combat using slayer than to do so some other way, in both cases.

It's better overall because it unlocks great training spots, great training equipment, great training experience (as in, I know how, not the number), and exposes you to the entire world. The point of gaming is to have fun, slayer is both efficient OVERALL and fun.

You can argue that it's just grinding under a different name. However if you ask anyone you meet, chances are that they will say they find Slayer more fun than regular combat. There's a poll somewhere on the RS mainpage on favorite skill. Slayer won by a landslide.

I agree with you that it has many benefits and may be less boring. On my account I'm stopping at 55 slayer for broad bolts. but the truth is that time is money. The less time spent on slayer means more money and combat levels.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

I agree with you that it has many benefits and may be less boring. On my account I'm stopping at 55 slayer for broad bolts. but the truth is that time is money. The less time spent on slayer means more money and combat levels.

That's true. But since Slayer is the most fun, it makes the training that does occur quicker and more enjoyable. And plus, you can say that Slayer can almost match some conventional training methods, largely in part because of the Black Mask. But that's 80 pages of debate in Compfreak's thread, so let's not get into that.

Also, there are many useful benefits after 55.

Point being that slayer is useful and fun. It's good to train up to a certain point, but after that you should only continue after if you want bigger benefits, total level, or find it enjoyable.

Slayer is best if you can't grind for long and get bored. "Normal" is better if you can grind for longer. End of discussion. Back to OP.

You left out one thing: if you're aiming for a high total level, or maxing out, it's better to train combat using slayer since you get total levels faster.

Option 5: train all skills to 40

Also, train summoning to 52, it'll help a lot.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".