Not sure what to do... (combat)

c_o_w

Hey guys, I just started playing rs again :lol: and im back on the tipit forums, i doubt anyone remembers me.

Anyways... I don't really know what i should go for with my combat stats. i was thinking of getting around 80 range (90 or 99 if I have the patience) but now I'm second guessing that. I've always been more of a melee-er but as you can see in sig my stats are nowhere near a pure... I'm quite balanced out. So now i have a couple of options:

1: Raise range to around 80 and beyond #-o

2: raise strength to 80 and beyond :ohnoes:

3: try and raise mage a bit ( don't really wanna do this one) #-o

4: Do nothing and fail at pvp and stuff. :wall:

For 80 range i would be using bronze knives+ void. For melee i have whip, SS, etc. For mage i would probably alch. I guess I just wanna know what pays off the most and what would make me a decent pker. :roll:

Meh. Ty in advanced! :D

armageddian.png

[hide=My Colour]

Somehow that wasn't a shock... [/hide]

Hmm I think I'm going to train strength then, not sure about how im going to do it though... :ohnoes:

-I could do experiments, i get about 50k xp there per hour.

-I could do slayer, although not sure if that's good xp and don't you only make money at the higher lvs?

-I could try bandits or wtv, but aren't experiments better xp?

I'm not sure what else i could do... ideas? :wall:

For experiments i would typically use this setup minus the dh legs( i would use rune so no degrade repair costs).

strtrain.jpg

Umm plz provide any advice you can to better my xp. ty :mrgreen:

armageddian.png

[hide=My Colour]

Slayer at lower levels usually evens out, you won't really make a profit but it doesn't really cost you money too.

Then again, seeing as you haev experiments on your list I don't think you really care about that.

Slayer would probably have slower experience then experiments, but I myself find it a lot more fun to do.

Plus, when you start getting a little higher with slayer you might start to gain some money from it.

I'd say slayer, though keep in mind that everyone experiences things otherwise. (I myself am a huge slayer fan :P)

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif

Hmm I think I'm going to train strength then, not sure about how im going to do it though... :ohnoes:

-I could do experiments, i get about 50k xp there per hour.

-I could do slayer, although not sure if that's good xp and don't you only make money at the higher lvs?

-I could try bandits or wtv, but aren't experiments better xp?

I'm not sure what else i could do... ideas? :wall:

For experiments i would typically use this setup minus the dh legs( i would use rune so no degrade repair costs).

strtrain.jpg

Umm plz provide any advice you can to better my xp. ty :mrgreen:

bandits lets you afk, and use super potions to get more exp an hour

Bandits, zombies, experiments are good. You can try Dharoking the monkeys on Ape Atoll. From what I hear, it's great xp. Get fury ammy. Slayer is pretty good xp, and once you get higher levels, you can make really good money.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Do what is fun. Don't get mage if you're going to hate it. Don't get ranged if it bores you. Don't get strength if you don't like it. Each combat class has its own unique benefits. In the end, whichever is the most fun is the best for you.

If you wanted my personal advice, I'd say dump combat altogether and raise your skills. People always look for easy money in PvP or boss monsters. But the real secret is skills.

Bandits, zombies, experiments are good. You can try Dharoking the monkeys on Ape Atoll. From what I hear, it's great xp. Get fury ammy. Slayer is pretty good xp, and once you get higher levels, you can make really good money.

Ya i was planning to get fury anyways by doing aviansies. I'm pretty sure i don't wanna dh... but i heard the zombies were good xp, but don't you have to have at least 80 def #-o ? and do you make cash from it?(just wondering)

Do what is fun. Don't get mage if you're going to hate it. Don't get ranged if it bores you. Don't get strength if you don't like it. Each combat class has its own unique benefits. In the end, whichever is the most fun is the best for you.

If you wanted my personal advice, I'd say dump combat altogether and raise your skills. People always look for easy money in PvP or boss monsters. But the real secret is skills.

Most skills will bore me eventually :wall: but i don't care about that. I thought it would be kinda cool to have 99 range because irl I'm good at archery, but range is kind of underpowered from what i hear. I know skills are the secret to cash but im not raising these for cash, i want them for pvp and combat stuff (which i like). :D

Another thing is should i raise summoning since I'm already 27? I know alot of people differ on this but not sure what the advantages/disadvantages would be.

Ty for all the help! :mrgreen:

armageddian.png

[hide=My Colour]

Summoning is extremely useful, especially when you reach 52 for the terrorbird, and 68 for the bunyip. It's your choice whether you want extra space/free run energy and free healing, but in my opinion, it's definitely worth leveling.

Also, just raise what you like. If you hate ranging, by the time you're lvl 90+, you'll absolutely hate the skill. What would be the point in that? Play the game how you want, not just for useless goals which will bore you and make you hate it.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Most skills will bore me eventually :wall: but i don't care about that. I thought it would be kinda cool to have 99 range because irl I'm good at archery, but range is kind of underpowered from what i hear. I know skills are the secret to cash but im not raising these for cash, i want them for pvp and combat stuff (which i like). :D

Another thing is should i raise summoning since I'm already 27? I know alot of people differ on this but not sure what the advantages/disadvantages would be

First off, raise summoning. It's one of those things you won't regret getting, like agility and prayer.

Ok, then you've answered your own question. If you find fun in PvP and combat, it doesn't really matter how you do it. If you get experienced in it, just go out and kill. Who cares if you have the "optimal" stats or not? I can tell you my stats are terrible for pking and I have as much fun as anyone. If you want to raise your stats just for PvP, well, do it, but not if it's boring.

You need 70 def and attack for full Dharok. No money made, but not much spent except on anti pots (unless you have done Great Brain Robbery, book takes poison away for 2 pray points) and on repairing Dharok's once in a while.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Another thing is should i raise summoning since I'm already 27? I know alot of people differ on this but not sure what the advantages/disadvantages would be

First off, raise summoning. It's one of those things you won't regret getting, like agility and prayer.

Ok, then you've answered your own question. If you find fun in PvP and combat, it doesn't really matter how you do it. If you get experienced in it, just go out and kill. Who cares if you have the "optimal" stats or not? I can tell you my stats are terrible for pking and I have as much fun as anyone. If you want to raise your stats just for PvP, well, do it, but not if it's boring.

Phailiure, actually summoning is what he WILL REGRET for the rest of his life, he said he wants to be decent in pvp, in pvp summoning means extra unnecessary combat levels which is really dumb. Level your strength, you need 90-95 atleast in ranged to be decent in pvp at ur level.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Except once you go into a PvP world, you summoning won't count towards your combat level unless you have a familiar pouch/scrolls in your invent...

My combat is 117 f2p, 126 p2p. When I got into a f2p world to pk, my combat level is 117+9, so everyone knows that my f2p combat is 117. But once I go to a member world and pk, if I have, say, a bunyip in my invent, my combat will simply be 126.

And if you desire even further proof:

We've changed the way your Combat level is calculated, so that PKers aren't discouraged from levelling Summoning. It seemed a bit unfair that Summoning increased your Combat level everywhere but couldn't actually be used everywhere. Therefore, your Summoning is now only counted into your Combat level if you have recently summoned a creature or held a Summoning pouch. When you log in, you will see that your Combat level has been split into two numbers (e.g. '75+6'). The first number is your base Combat level, and the second is the potential extra available from Summoning. If you're holding a Summoning pouch or have a familiar, this potential will be added on taking you to your full level.

For example, if you are level 55, this might be shown as follows:

Without a familiar, a Summoning pouch, or having dropped a pouch recently: level 50+5

With a familiar, a Summoning pouch, or having dropped a pouch recently: level 55

I quote, "phailure"

I would pick option 1. This is because you can then efficiently kill Aviansies for their addy bars and you would be making great money in no time :D

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Ahem. To clear anything about slayer up, an excellent post by compfreak.Slayer Sucks

Option one, then option 2.

I don't see you point? Slayer is a good way to train stuff. Who really wants to camp at creatures hours on end? Not me...

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Ahem. To clear anything about slayer up, an excellent post by compfreak.Slayer Sucks

I don't see you point? Slayer is a good way to train stuff. Who really wants to camp at creatures hours on end? Not me...

His point is that if you only want combat xp, and that's the only thing you want, slayer isn't the best option. However if you want fun, variety, and an OVERALL better benefit, slayer is the way to go.

His point is that if you only want combat xp, and that's the only thing you want, slayer isn't the best option. However if you want fun, variety, and an OVERALL better benefit, slayer is the way to go.

Slayer,to be truthful, is a waste of time. It's not really variety, you're still doing what you always to in runescape:grind. Just grinding in a different way. It's better if you grind more effeciently.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done