Balancing Weapons and Armor.

Youmu

You just found a way to nerf the z spear, made the longswords obsolete, made short swords as good as scimmys, turned warhammer into the battle axe and massively over powered the hally all in one post.

This would also kill the current economy as shortswords would increase the scimmy prices, longswords would drop, hallys would increase massively, sara sword would increase massively z spear would drop.

I agree the amours need tweaking and maybe the daggers, but the rest are fine.

A little increase/decrease would allow the game to remain stable, but by implementing some of theses changes you would seriously upset the balance.

Nail in the coffin, Joe got it in 1 post.

Nail halfway across the world away.

Armors need tweaking. Sure.

Daggers need tweaking. Sure.

Warhammers? They are BARELY used.

And making it even more worthless is going to help it how?

Maces? Seriously...

You removed the prayer bonus, making the mace from the only regular weapon with prayer bonus to a weaker warhammer.

Shortswords? WHAT THE ....

No point making it pretty much the same as a Scimitar hmm?

Longswords? Crap.

It's only because the difference are too small to be distinguished. In Dragon they are both balanced...

Scimitars? Severely overpowered.

See short sword.

P.S. Don't mention dragon/whatever, we're talking about F2P here. Though I don't know why the OP made some changes to the halberds, spears, etc.

We don't want to upset the balance, seriously. We are trying to balance things out...Why don't you try and create your own stats on how to tweak the dagger/armor and I'll criticise them? You can't, can you?

I already did, too bad you were busy doing personal attacks on me.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just found a way to nerf the z spear, made the longswords obsolete, made short swords as good as scimmys, turned warhammer into the battle axe and massively over powered the hally all in one post.

This would also kill the current economy as shortswords would increase the scimmy prices, longswords would drop, hallys would increase massively, sara sword would increase massively z spear would drop.

A little increase/decrease would allow the game to remain stable, but by implementing some of theses changes you would seriously upset the balance.

And making it even more worthless is going to help it how? At least the large strength bonus allows it to ko without unequipping your shield.

Maces? Seriously...

You removed the prayer bonus, making the mace from the only regular weapon with prayer bonus to a weaker warhammer. Fine. You make your stats then.

No point making it pretty much the same as a Scimitar hmm? Its weaker :roll:

Longswords? Crap.

It's only because the difference are too small to be distinguished. In Dragon they are both balanced... SERIOUSLY STOP SAYING DRAGON WE'RE TALKING ABOUT F2P HERE.

See short sword.

P.S. Don't mention dragon/whatever, we're talking about F2P here. Though I don't know why the OP made some changes to the halberds, spears, etc.

We don't want to upset the balance, seriously. We are trying to balance things out...Why don't you try and create your own stats on how to tweak the dagger/armor and I'll criticise them? You can't, can you?

I already did, too bad you were busy doing personal attacks on me.You didn't make your own stats. All you did was criticise. Criticising isn't making your own stats.

And making it even more worthless is going to help it how? At least the large strength bonus allows it to ko without unequipping your shield.

Already got the Battleaxe for that?

Maces? Seriously...

You removed the prayer bonus, making the mace from the only regular weapon with prayer bonus to a weaker warhammer. Fine. You make your stats then. Even if I did I'd be smart enough not to remove the prayer bonus. I'd god damn increase it.

No point making it pretty much the same as a Scimitar hmm? Its weaker :roll: Read the word "PRETTY MUCH"

Longswords? Crap.

It's only because the difference are too small to be distinguished. In Dragon they are both balanced... SERIOUSLY STOP SAYING DRAGON WE'RE TALKING ABOUT F2P HERE. Title: Balancing WEAPONS AND ARMOUR.

See short sword.

I already did, too bad you were busy doing personal attacks on me.You didn't make your own stats. All you did was criticise. Criticising isn't making your own stats.

Your lack of reading skills disgusts me. If you can't even bother finding it then it's no point for me to repost it.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Argh, now I have to balance spear and longsword again. And how is reaching one more square "overpowering" the hally?

Also, longswords aren't that obsolete with the change of the mace. Remember that longsword attacks with slash, and maces attack with crush.

I should consider spec changes as well... so Quelmotz please stop talking the F2P crap.

And stop putting personal attacks on Sadukar. There is a reason why there is a PM function. Go argue elsewhere. Thank you very much.

EDIT: Fixed my first post with changes with the spear, longsword, and halberd. Please go check it again.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Longsword has too much strength, mace seems okay, war hammer is a tad inaccurate, +56 seems right, spear still seems useless, perhaps increase speed.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Maces? Seriously...

You removed the prayer bonus, making the mace from the only regular weapon with prayer bonus to a weaker warhammer. Fine. You make your stats then. Even if I did I'd be smart enough not to remove the prayer bonus. I'd god damn increase it.

No point making it pretty much the same as a Scimitar hmm? Its weaker :roll: Read the word "PRETTY MUCH"

Longswords? Crap.

It's only because the difference are too small to be distinguished. In Dragon they are both balanced... SERIOUSLY STOP SAYING DRAGON WE'RE TALKING ABOUT F2P HERE. Title: Balancing WEAPONS AND ARMOUR.

See short sword.

Your lack of reading skills disgusts me. If you can't even bother finding it then it's no point for me to repost it.

MAKE YOUR OWN FREAKING STATS THEN YOU FOOL.

Title: Balancing weapons and armor. First line below the title. "I think f2p weapons are imbalanced" or something along the lines of that. Hypocritical idiot. Why don't you read properly? And you tell people to read carefully when you flame me for flaming you when you started it. To prevent a flame war from erupting, I'll stop here. Or else you'll hear a lot of things...

I should consider spec changes as well... so Quelmotz please stop talking the F2P crap.

And stop putting personal attacks on Sadukar. There is a reason why there is a PM function. Go argue elsewhere. Thank you very much.

Really hypocritical of you. You said on the main post that f2p was imbalanced and now you're telling me to STOP FOCUSING ON F2P? Nice fail. Seriously I'm sick of you telling me to argue elsewhere. Forums were made to argue. Fine, they weren't made to flame, but did I flame?

"PRETTY MUCH" - how much is that then? Don't use vague words. A slight difference can make a big difference, if your mental capacity can comprehend that. Why is the longsword so rarely used then? Its more accurate and strong than the scimitar, and its speed is "PRETTY MUCH" the same as the scimitar.

Maces? Seriously...

Longswords? Crap.

See short sword.

MAKE YOUR OWN FREAKING STATS THEN YOU FOOL.

Title: Balancing weapons and armor. First line below the title. "I think f2p weapons are imbalanced" or something along the lines of that. Hypocritical idiot. Why don't you read properly? And you tell people to read carefully when you flame me for flaming you when you started it. To prevent a flame war from erupting, I'll stop here. Or else you'll hear a lot of things...

Really hypocritical of you. You said on the main post that f2p was imbalanced and now you're telling me to STOP FOCUSING ON F2P? Nice fail. Seriously I'm sick of you telling me to argue elsewhere. Forums were made to argue. Fine, they weren't made to flame, but did I flame?

"PRETTY MUCH" - how much is that then? Don't use vague words. A slight difference can make a big difference, if your mental capacity can comprehend that. Why is the longsword so rarely used then? Its more accurate and strong than the scimitar, and its speed is "PRETTY MUCH" the same as the scimitar.

Nice ad hominem. Not bothering to respond with a constructive post if all you do is attacking instead of arguing with logic.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Why don't you guys just try to make your own stats then? Since you believe you are the best in the world, then just GO and make your own freaking stats and see how I criticise them...oh I forgot, you're so good and we fail in comparison, so we have no "RIGHT" to criticise your stats. Just go and try to make your own stats. Please... Experience and see how difficult it is... Instead of criticising. Seriously. Look at yourself in the mirror. If you're so perfect, go and make your own stats. GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down quelmotz.

Just remember, an update like this would affect BOTH f2p and p2p so you need to take both into account.

I'm not being offensive or anything to f2p, I'm just trying to make sure something like this would work, if you would notice im a supporter.

O.O

Calm down quelmotz.

Just remember, an update like this would affect BOTH f2p and p2p so you need to take both into account.

I'm not being offensive or anything to f2p, I'm just trying to make sure something like this would work, if you would notice im a supporter.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, but to Sadukar123 and his team of supporters.

Calm down quelmotz.

Or, change your inability to read because I DID make changes.

Too bad you were too busy attacking people. :roll:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

I feel really bad about my post now.

It seems like it sparked a big heated dispute (arguably a flame war).

The only thing which concerns me now is the actual values of the weapons an how you indeed to balance those. Lower stat weapons have lower alch values (in some cases a small difference in others much larger) for example rune short sword compared to rune scimmy there's a 3k difference. Do you leave them the same or change every single items (which the stats well be changed on) high and low alch values or leave them be. In the case of the short short you can increase the high alch value as it only requires 1 rune bar to craft (this would cause a lot of issues with smithers, miners and so on) then on the other hand you can't really decrease the alch values of rune scimmy without all F2P players and Pk'ers moaning.

In all honesty I think you've bitten off more then you thought you had as its a very fine balancing act.

All the best.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You do realize that every F2P update, yes, EVERY F2P UPDATE, affects P2P players?

Quelmotz, don't even bother arguing. I have used rune weapons as an example, because there is no dragon shortsword, warhammer, or kiteshield. Don't think of this as an F2P update. It sounded like one because I am F2P myself and don't know much about the P2P world.

And by the way, you DID flame my thread, and you did this in a rather nasty way. I shall have to say this one more time, stop arguing un-related things on my thread, or else I shall ask mods to come delete these posts.

The only thing which concerns me now is the actual values of the weapons an how you indeed to balance those. Lower stat weapons have lower alch values (in some cases a small difference in others much larger) for example rune short sword compared to rune scimmy there's a 3k difference. Do you leave them the same or change every single items (which the stats well be changed on) high and low alch values or leave them be. In the case of the short short you can increase the high alch value as it only requires 1 rune bar to craft (this would cause a lot of issues with smithers, miners and so on) then on the other hand you can't really decrease the alch values of rune scimmy without all F2P players and Pk'ers moaning.

In all honesty I think you've bitten off more then you thought you had as its a very fine balancing act.

All the best.

Don't feel bad, I hate flame wars as well. You know, people like Quelmotz who can't seem to calm down would just create more flame wars than others. In fact, those kind of personalities are the reason why we have flame wars. So don't feel bad about your post, I was just listening to your advice and adding them onto the first post.

As for the alch values, I think they do and don't need a change at the same time.

The reason why we don't is becuase we've got the GE now. Ever since it alching will just result in a loss of money. Changing the alch value won't do anything other than give magers/smithers slightly more money when alching.

But then again, I would still change them a bit, because monsters occasionally drop these items (looking at you cockroach soldier).

Longsword has too much strength, mace seems okay, war hammer is a tad inaccurate, +56 seems right, spear still seems useless, perhaps increase speed.

Hmm, perhaps I'll take a look at the spear again. But I am looking for something other than speed, a change in speed can overpower the weapons if changed incorrectly.

The reason why I left the accuracy of the warhammer the same, it is because it is the most accurate. Even the 2H sword is inferior to the warhammer in that attack style.

The reason why I gave the longsword a bigger boost in strength is because it will be obsolete if it is left as it is. Since I wanted mace to have better strength, longsword better have better strength as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I see, the spear is underpowered because it's 2 handed, that is why a speed change may not overpower it.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Calm down quelmotz.

Inability to read? I already told you to go and MAKE YOUR STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT SUGGEST CHANGES - GO AND MAKE THE COLD, HARD, STATS. Its very easy to criticise and say, oh, shortsword should have lower strength bonuses. BY HOW MUCH? -1 and -10 are all "lower strength bonuses". When you make your own stats, you will realise how hard it is. I know why you keep making excuses. You can't make a "good" version of the stats, and you are afraid you will be embarrassed.

All the best.

Its not your post that sparked of the big heated dispute. Its that annoying idiot sadukar123 and some other guy whose name I've forgotten. I think it was something like LI33 or something, but you'll find it somewhere in the thread.

You do realize that every F2P update, yes, EVERY F2P UPDATE, affects P2P players?

Quelmotz, don't even bother arguing. I have used rune weapons as an example, because there is no dragon shortsword, warhammer, or kiteshield. Don't think of this as an F2P update. It sounded like one because I am F2P myself and don't know much about the P2P world.

And by the way, you DID flame my thread, and you did this in a rather nasty way. I shall have to say this one more time, stop arguing un-related things on my thread, or else I shall ask mods to come delete these posts.

All the best.

Don't feel bad, I hate flame wars as well. You know, people like Quelmotz who can't seem to calm down would just create more flame wars than others. In fact, those kind of personalities are the reason why we have flame wars. So don't feel bad about your post, I was just listening to your advice and adding them onto the first post.

As for the alch values, I think they do and don't need a change at the same time.

The reason why we don't is becuase we've got the GE now. Ever since it alching will just result in a loss of money. Changing the alch value won't do anything other than give magers/smithers slightly more money when alching.

But then again, I would still change them a bit, because monsters occasionally drop these items (looking at you cockroach soldier).

Hmm, perhaps I'll take a look at the spear again. But I am looking for something other than speed, a change in speed can overpower the weapons if changed incorrectly.

The reason why I left the accuracy of the warhammer the same, it is because it is the most accurate. Even the 2H sword is inferior to the warhammer in that attack style.

The reason why I gave the longsword a bigger boost in strength is because it will be obsolete if it is left as it is. Since I wanted mace to have better strength, longsword better have better strength as well.

I don't flame your thread. If you WILL look back on the thread, I was just having an argument with zaaps1, and I made some stats to show him. We didn't flame each other, for god's sake. Then suddenly, your VERY VERY good "friend" sadukar123 and another idiot came and started making a lot of sarcastic comments and flame on my stats. So how do you expect me to retaliate? Say "oh, you're totally correct, I am so sorry for my ignorance" huh? FAT CHANCE. Sarcasm and flame deserves sarcasm and flame. You say a good deed deserves a good deed in return. So a bad deed deserves a bad deed in return. And that's exactly what I did. I would have stopped immediately if those people apologized for criticising my stats sarcastically. But they didn't. They continued the flame war and kept making a lot of sarcastic comments and criticism. That's why I told them to make their own freaking stats to experience how hard it is to do so before criticising. It is much easier to flame and criticise other people's stuff before experiencing and trying to do it themselves.

I DON'T ARGUE ABOUT UNRELATED THINGS ON THIS THREAD. ASK AROUND AND YOU'LL SEE WHO STARTED THE FLAME WAR, AND IS PRETENDING TO BE GOODY-GOODY NOW, SUCKING UP TO YOU TO GET YOU ON HIS SIDE.

So I have a bad temper, huh? Try and change it then. You say I "can't seem to calm down". Yes I can. I can cite a lot of examples for you to see, where I posted calmly and didn't flame. You know when I flare up? Its when IDIOTS start coming and criticising my posts sarcastically and flame. Look at the first few posts if you want. Did I flame or make cutting comments? No I didn't. Its those fools who start it. Don't always just blame anyone you can see before tracing the evidence back to see WHO started it. As I said, a bad deed deserves a bad deed in return. An eye for an eye. [bleep] for tat. So is there anything wrong with retaliating in the same way as how the idiot started to make sarcastic comments and flame?

I see, the spear is underpowered because it's 2 handed, that is why a speed change may not overpower it.

The freaking point is spears aren't supposed to be 2handed. :roll:

Runescape is supposed to be based on historical evidence. Note I didn't say identical. I know its a game, at least there still should be some kind of logical reasoning behind the weaponry. So just because its a game, daggers can be 2handed, warhammers should weigh less than shortswords? Stop arguing about "its just a game". It is a game, but there still should and must be some logic behind it. Spears are light wooden sticks with a metal end on top. So is this as heavy as a 2handed sword or maul? NO. Wood is light. The small metal tip on the top isn't going to be heavy either. Spears ARE onehanded weapons, for god's sake. Jagex got it mixed up with PIKES. Pikes = long, twohanded spears, usually above 2m long. At that point the wood becomes too heavy to be used efficiently with one hand, so it becomes a 2handed weapon. Spears are long sticks (but below 2m or so) that are 1handed and used in conjunction with a shield.

Runescape is supposed to be based on historical evidence. Note I didn't say identical. I know its a game, at least there still should be some kind of logical reasoning behind the weaponry. So just because its a game, daggers can be 2handed, warhammers should weigh less than shortswords? Stop arguing about "its just a game". It is a game, but there still should and must be some logic behind it. Spears are light wooden sticks with a metal end on top. So is this as heavy as a 2handed sword or maul? NO. Wood is light. The small metal tip on the top isn't going to be heavy either. Spears ARE onehanded weapons, for god's sake. Jagex got it mixed up with PIKES. Pikes = long, twohanded spears, usually above 2m long. At that point the wood becomes too heavy to be used efficiently with one hand, so it becomes a 2handed weapon. Spears are long sticks (but below 2m or so) that are 1handed and used in conjunction with a shield.

Looking into it they really did screw up the spears.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?i ... it=Compare

The whole 2 vs 1 handed issue was supposedly fixed with the hasta's only they are as powerful as the standard spears with only a slight disadvantage of lower defense stats.

Never noticed this before tbh.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Calm down quelmotz.

Inability to read? I already told you to go and MAKE YOUR STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT SUGGEST CHANGES - GO AND MAKE THE COLD, HARD, STATS. Its very easy to criticise and say, oh, shortsword should have lower strength bonuses. BY HOW MUCH? -1 and -10 are all "lower strength bonuses". When you make your own stats, you will realise how hard it is. I know why you keep making excuses. You can't make a "good" version of the stats, and you are afraid you will be embarrassed.

HELLO, GO READ MY POSTS, I DID MAKE STATS. HOLY CRAP, YOU CANNOT READ.

All the best.

Its not your post that sparked of the big heated dispute. Its that annoying idiot sadukar123 and some other guy whose name I've forgotten. I think it was something like LI33 or something, but you'll find it somewhere in the thread.

All the best.

I don't flame your thread. If you WILL look back on the thread, I was just having an argument with zaaps1, and I made some stats to show him. We didn't flame each other, for god's sake. Then suddenly, your VERY VERY good "friend" sadukar123 and another idiot came and started making a lot of sarcastic comments and flame on my stats. So how do you expect me to retaliate? Say "oh, you're totally correct, I am so sorry for my ignorance" huh? FAT CHANCE. Sarcasm and flame deserves sarcasm and flame. You say a good deed deserves a good deed in return. So a bad deed deserves a bad deed in return. And that's exactly what I did. I would have stopped immediately if those people apologized for criticising my stats sarcastically. But they didn't. They continued the flame war and kept making a lot of sarcastic comments and criticism. That's why I told them to make their own freaking stats to experience how hard it is to do so before criticising. It is much easier to flame and criticise other people's stuff before experiencing and trying to do it themselves.

I DON'T ARGUE ABOUT UNRELATED THINGS ON THIS THREAD. ASK AROUND AND YOU'LL SEE WHO STARTED THE FLAME WAR, AND IS PRETENDING TO BE GOODY-GOODY NOW, SUCKING UP TO YOU TO GET YOU ON HIS SIDE.

So I have a bad temper, huh? Try and change it then. You say I "can't seem to calm down". Yes I can. I can cite a lot of examples for you to see, where I posted calmly and didn't flame. You know when I flare up? Its when IDIOTS start coming and criticising my posts sarcastically and flame. Look at the first few posts if you want. Did I flame or make cutting comments? No I didn't. Its those fools who start it. Don't always just blame anyone you can see before tracing the evidence back to see WHO started it. As I said, a bad deed deserves a bad deed in return. An eye for an eye. [bleep] for tat. So is there anything wrong with retaliating in the same way as how the idiot started to make sarcastic comments and flame?

YEAH HEY HISTORICAL, I CAN EAT 20 SHARKS IN 10 SECONDS WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCES, AND IT HAPPENS TO BE HEALTHY LOL.

Oh by the way, how do you expect to survive a crossbow when regular knights die in 1 hit. :roll:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Calm down quelmotz.

HELLO, GO READ MY POSTS, I DID MAKE STATS. HOLY CRAP, YOU CANNOT READ.

All the best.

All the best.

YEAH HEY HISTORICAL, I CAN EAT 20 SHARKS IN 10 SECONDS WITHOUT ANY CONSEQUENCES, AND IT HAPPENS TO BE HEALTHY LOL.

Oh by the way, how do you expect to survive a crossbow when regular knights die in 1 hit. :roll:

Holy crap, can you read? I said BASED (do I really need to do this to get your attention?) on history, not exactly the same. Please...you're a real hypocrite. Complaining about people not reading posts properly when you do that too. Eating sharks is "healthy" because all food have some kind of nutritional benefit, whether you like it or not. So its still based on history, just not particularly accurate.