Just one photo

woopidoo2

Good to see more people posting photos lately :)

I havent done much photography these weeks (months), because of school/work/bad weather. All nice excuses, but I just couldnt find the energy to make some new photos.

So I've got a new one for you to see.. a new photo that I'm fairly happy with after a long time of 'nothing'.

Tell me what you think, I would like some more comments about it.

A friend of mine (the first one to comment on the deviantart page) said that the foreground is very unclear and that the composition lacks. He also said that the mill doesnt add anything to the photo, it's only disturbing him. Do you feel the same way? I do not agree with him at all, but I could be wrong :P

[hide=Evening in May]Evening_in_May_by_woopidoo2.jpg

EXIF-Data:

Camera: Canon 30D

Lens: Canon EF-S 10-22mm

Focal distance: 10mm

Aperture: f/7.1

Shutter speed: 1/60

ISO-speed: 100 [/hide]

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I like it, especially the reflection on the water.

However, i agree with the comment about the mill. It's a bit of a shame it's slightly slanted but it's ok. The foreground is abit unclear/lacks something - I feel more of it should have been included too, however i think you could solve this problem with a bit of cropping. I suggest that you play around with changing the gradient just to try and lighten up the foreground too

You could try highlights/levels too, to try and get the foreground noticed better. I'm not sure whether this would ruin the mood of the image though, but it might be worth a try is you have access to some form of photoshop

Other than that, the clouds are nice and i really like the horizon. So good job!!

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I'm not a fan of it :|

The composition just seems bland, and the clouds just don't look right; I presume you were planning to catch a golden sunset? You didn't succeed :wall:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

good scene

but i know why it could be bland!

the horizon line...cuts the picture in half...

the one focal point (sun) is right near that line.

we learned something about composition in my design class *faiL* but i forget what it specifically was in relation to your photo

[sig inserted here....in few days]