Discuss - Preview : Changes to the Offence System

i guess the forum and in game offences bein tired together is more along the lines of if u get banned or w/e from forums ur banned/muted in game cause ive been 24 hr and perm muted and both times couldnt post on forums and i believe it said because of an in game offence

nice to know my offences caused by wbm's will be removed...maybe...

In the past it has always been that when you were muted in game (whether by a player moderator or by Jagex [i.e. you were reported by a player and Jagex muted you for a temporary amount of time]) you weren't able to post on RSOF(Runescape Official Forums).

I'm glad to see this new change. I think rule breaking on the RSOF should effect your in game account as well.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

I think mute in the game always carried over to the forums, but never the other way around. Presumably this means a pmod 48hour mute results in a temporary perm ban from foums (the fmod equivaent to a 48 hour mute), and temp bans by fmods will become 48 hour ingame mutes. I won't complain about that. Why should someone be abusive on the forums, only to be banned while allowing him to go abuse some players in the game. Makes me wonder about the future of pmods/fmods too. Will they all become dual mods? I doubt it just because as I understand it they have separate guidelines and everything, but it will be interesting to see.

As stated in the above post, yes this was true. I'm assuming it will be exactly as you say it now.

As for the future of pmods/fmods - I have a feeling they're here to stay. However, I can't see Jagex giving all pmods/fmods dual modship. There are over 4000 Player Moderators, and just a handful of Forum Moderators. Giving Forum Moderator privileges to that many PMods would probably be a big mess for a while XD. *sips coffee*. I'm sure Jagex has everything figured out already though, and it'll be a very exciting and welcoming change to see a more simplified way of reporting.

I just hope Jagex drills it into some players minds that Bug Abuse has nothing to do with players annoying you!!!!hehe.

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

has all the mutes/bans been lifted in game that were supposed to be lifted? Or not yet. Because today when I got onto runescape I had to load like there was an update and looked like they rebooted the servers but idk. I'm still muted.

3poopmaster.png

3poopmaster.png

Yea I know I read it. They said that the changes in-game will take affect once they reboot their servers. What I'm asking is have they rebooted their servers yet to make all the bans/mutes that have expired, unmuted/unbanned?

They rebooted the servers to upgrade the Report Abuse screen. As you have probably noticed it's changed drastically as there are now only three categories of rules.

A lot of the bans/mutes were lifted to coincide with the new 'punishment' system. Not all however have been lifted; those mutes/bans that were serious enough to warrent - remain there. However if your account is still muted/banned take a look at what Mod Raven has wrote:

What about permanently muted or banned players?

My account has been permanently muted/banned; I want a second chance too.

Can you review my account which was permanently muted/banned?

As a part of this process we have decided to review all permanently muted or banned accounts. If the offences are older than 12 months, theyll disappear automatically. If theyre more serious offences, or theyre not older than 12 months, then youll be able to submit an appeal for that offence, even if youve already appealed them before.

As some accounts may not have logged in for some time it is possible that the password has been forgotten or that the account has been locked as a security procedure. In these instances players will need to submit an Account Appeal from the Account Recovery system to access their account. For more information on submitting an Account Appeal please look in our Game Guide.

You can find more information about the new Offense System using this QFC for the Runescape Forums: Quick find code: 15-16-131-58808674

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg