Discuss - Preview : Changes to the Offence System

[hide=Preview ]Jagex have dropped us a sneak-preview of some changes they'll be making to the Offence System in the near future.

Our key objectives when designing our new offence system were:

• [*:152yyz11]Introduce deteriorating offences

[*:152yyz11]To revise and simplify rules across all of our games

[*:152yyz11] Increase player understanding of our rules

[*:152yyz11]Continue to ensure that serious offenders are removed from the game

For these key points Jagex also went into some depth about a lot of the changes they intend to implement.

Black Marks

Weve removed black marks entirely. Well have a replacement for them, but there wont be any confusing numbers associated to your account anymore. Well have a visual display of any offences on your account to help you understand where you stand.

The Reporting Interface

Although some of the rules have had their names tweaked, there havent been many changes to the look and feel of the reporting interface. One thing we will be doing is grouping the rules into one of three categories to make it easier for players to report under the correct rules.

Forums and in-game offences tied together

In the past, in-game and forum offences were completely separate. Were changing this to make in-game offences tie in with forum offences; so if you break a rule in game and youre muted, youll also be unable to post on the forums.

Appeal all offences

Players will now be able to appeal any offences against their account, regardless of when they were committed.

Degrading Offences

We understand that people make mistakes, so now offences will degrade over time and eventually vanish from players accounts. Any very old, small offences you had against your account will be removed when the new offence system is launched, and players who show that theyve learned from their past mistakes and avoid breaking rules will, over time, have offences removed from their accounts.

And finally, some reassurance for those of you that are worried this will make it easier for rule breakers:

Wed just like to end by assuring you that the above changes will not affect the way we deal with genuinely disruptive players. Everyone who was permanently banned for serious rule breaks will remain permanently banned we arent relaxing our rules or making them easier to get away with, were just making things fairer.

Of course, well provide more information on the day of launch with a nice big news post, but until then I hope what weve outlined sounds good.

[/hide]

You can discuss the news topic Preview : Changes to the Offence System here.

How can black marks be "confusing numbers"? I thought they were quite straight forward. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it will work, unfortunately I expect to see some unwanted elements back in game. Oh well, I might have to use my ignore list for more than Fairy Ring codes again. :lol: On behalf of those of my friends who have gotten black marks for utterly ridiculous stuff, I'm really happy, because they deserve to get their account cleared. Also, a few of them deserve to get a shot of becoming a player moderator if they ever get that chance. :thumbup:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Cool, but this is an update to the rs rules not forum rules right, so wouldn't it be better in Gen. Discussion?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hmm, forum and game rule-breaking the same. Wonder if it'll cross over the forum offenses form now? I know a few people who won't be too happy.

And degrading offenses is good.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

How can black marks be "confusing numbers"? I thought they were quite straight forward.

Thats what I though, I guess number 1-10 can be confusing though -.-

Anyway, It's cool to see we are getting this infomation, and actually this will be a good update for all players arounf runescape.

Great job Jagex \'

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Cool, but this is an update to the rs rules not forum rules right, so wouldn't it be better in Gen. Discussion?

Well, usually I would agree with you, but this is information posted in a newspost because of the Jagex/Tip.It thingie, and newsposts are always discussed here. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I thought muted players couldn't post on the forums anyway. And I think what they mean about the blackmarks is that people would go from, say 2 blackmarks to 10 in one offense and some people were going way past 10.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I always got muted on the forums when I got muted in game, found it weird but w/e. Hopefully I'll lose some offences from 2003 ;)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

AWESOME!I have a friend who will love this :) he got perm muted for lots of silly things and a couple "big" offences :-# maybe they'll lift it and he'll start playing again! Here's hoping :pray: \'

I resemble that remark!

Achieved quest cape for first time on: 4-2-09 WOOHOO!

Beat Nomad on 6-24-10 WOOHOO!.

331bfcd139.png

already knew this from talking to mod mat, he removed all my offenses and those of my clan mates then said explained the new system a bit lol.

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

How can black marks be "confusing numbers"? I thought they were quite straight forward. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it will work, unfortunately I expect to see some unwanted elements back in game. Oh well, I might have to use my ignore list for more than Fairy Ring codes again. :lol: On behalf of those of my friends who have gotten black marks for utterly ridiculous stuff, I'm really happy, because they deserve to get their account cleared. Also, a few of them deserve to get a shot of becoming a player moderator if they ever get that chance. :thumbup:

I came onto this topic to say that about thing about black marks, numbers are the clearest way of putting things.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

i guess the forum and in game offences bein tired together is more along the lines of if u get banned or w/e from forums ur banned/muted in game cause ive been 24 hr and perm muted and both times couldnt post on forums and i believe it said because of an in game offence

nice to know my offences caused by wbm's will be removed...maybe...

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

Doesn't effect me but it's nice to know :)

Yeah this doesn't affect me either but I will be very interested to see what they come up with.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Nice of them to drop a preview; good idea.

This doesn't affect me, but it's good to see that some players will be happy to get a clean slate in some cases.

I guess players who have Legacy Punishments deserve to have them removed, they can't appeal them at all, and can't even see what the punishment was for.

The revamping of the rules looks alright. I hope it's still as effective as it is currently.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I like that lagacy punishments will be gone (not that I have any). I won't complain if its easier to tell what to report something under either.

I don't understand the thing about the balck marks. It used to be just numbers, now its numbers and colours. Sounds to me like they are going to colours. I personaly find vague colours unerving and confusing because I don't know where I stand. I like numbers. Numbers make sense (unless you just started intigration).

I think mute in the game always carried over to the forums, but never the other way around. Presumably this means a pmod 48hour mute results in a temporary perm ban from foums (the fmod equivaent to a 48 hour mute), and temp bans by fmods will become 48 hour ingame mutes. I won't complain about that. Why should someone be abusive on the forums, only to be banned while allowing him to go abuse some players in the game. Makes me wonder about the future of pmods/fmods too. Will they all become dual mods? I doubt it just because as I understand it they have separate guidelines and everything, but it will be interesting to see.

I like that lagacy punishments will be gone (not that I have any). I won't complain if its easier to tell what to report something under either.

I don't understand the thing about the balck marks. It used to be just numbers, now its numbers and colours. Sounds to me like they are going to colours. I personaly find vague colours unerving and confusing because I don't know where I stand. I like numbers. Numbers make sense (unless you just started intigration).

I think mute in the game always carried over to the forums, but never the other way around. Presumably this means a pmod 48hour mute results in a temporary perm ban from foums (the fmod equivaent to a 48 hour mute), and temp bans by fmods will become 48 hour ingame mutes. I won't complain about that. Why should someone be abusive on the forums, only to be banned while allowing him to go abuse some players in the game. Makes me wonder about the future of pmods/fmods too. Will they all become dual mods? I doubt it just because as I understand it they have separate guidelines and everything, but it will be interesting to see.

I think you're right, the only difference between fmods and pmods will be that they 'patrol' different sections of the game, although their powers will now be transferable.

It's good to see that they're updating the offence system, although lets hope that people won't get the impression that they're relaxing the rules a bit. The reaction here is going to be different than the reaction in the RSOF.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I like this update, I never fully recovered from my so called "offence". I made a joke about RuneScape 3 in full leetspeak, log in the next day with a temporary mute and 5 black marks :cry:. That scared the hell outta me, because the next wannabe mod that comes by and sees me making a joke could mean the end of my account :?. And I'm a good boy...

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Forums and in-game offences tied together

In the past, in-game and forum offences were completely separate. Were changing this to make in-game offences tie in with forum offences; so if you break a rule in game and youre muted, youll also be unable to post on the forums.

Um..I'm already banned from posting on the RSOF for something that was "said" in game.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

We are currently making a large update to our Offence Appeal system. During this time, the Offence Appeal system will be unavailable. There will be a further newspost to explain the exact nature of the changes we are making within the next day.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

quote from main rs page 0o0o0o 2moro gona be implemented me thinks

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D