Ranging & Iron mining

Sephy_

I'm lvl 42 on ranged and I want to rise it to 60 so where should I train and what should I wear/wield? I'm currently ranging dwarwes under the white wolf mountain with a yew comp and steel arrows.

The second question is where is the best place to mine iron while banking it?

Thanks.

Sephy.png

as for iron mining i always thought the ardougne mine was quite nice and quiet, i dont think iits the closest to a bank but it has both iron and coal, all within a reasonable distance of a bank...i used to frequent it as i made all my own arrows (this was before the GE) so it helped my mining,smithing, fletching and ranging out :D

as for range training do you want your arrows back? that would change a few things on whereabouts you should train. are you a range pure or is it just a want to level the skill up? the guards at varrok and fally are nice and they drop lv2 clues, failing that moss giants near ardy or on crandor are a good source of prayer, loot and range xp. the ardy ones are easy to safespot too as theres a big clump of rocks in the middle.

Athalus_1988.png

yep thats f2p..just waiting for my membership to expire

Okay, gotto try that mine near Ardy. ::' And I'm not range pure, just need to get the level up and I don't need to get the arrows back. Perhaps I will check the guards and maybe later try the mossies.

Sephy.png

for ranging, just kill fire giants with knives and some range boosting gear...

other wise if you havent done the quest, cave crawlers are nice and they drop some good stuff

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

for ranging, just kill fire giants with knives and some range boosting gear...

other wise if you havent done the quest, cave crawlers are nice and they drop some good stuff

At 42 range fire giants?... That would be terrible. I wasn't happy with the exp killing fires at 60 range. It didn't really pick up and become worth it until 80.

-----------

For your ranging you will be more than happy with rock crabs over near Fremmy. It will be crowded, this is true, but the exp is hard to pass up. If you don't like a crowd then stick to the Mossies by Ardy until at least level 70. Then you can move up to Fire Giants (I like to kill them under the waterfall) and you won't be so slow in killing them.

Iron mining I would definitely say the mine in Port Khazard, which is by Yanille.

Apparently, my signature was to big.