pto6

RuneScape Merchanting

Well let's cut the crap.

You want to know how to merchant?

Well, it is very simple.

The main thing you will need to remember is:

BUY LOW, SELL HIGH!

Okay, now what?

Now, you will need to learn how to spot potential price increases.

Okay now, this will become your favourite tool for merchanting: http://itemdb-rs.runescape.com/frontpage.ws

Now, let's see, on the main page, click on More next to price drops.

guide1t.png

Then, you will need to click on the 30-day tab.

15yesyw.jpg

Then you will need to find an item that has fallen by 1-2%.

2dv1y50.jpg

If the item hasn't suffered a massive fall in the week before, click on the 90-day tab.

rbxm4m.jpg

YOU BUY THE ITEM WHILE IT IS ALMOST FINISHED FALLING, IT IS EASY TO TELL AS THE LINE WOULD HAVE LEVELLED OFF.

So, check the graph, if it looks similar to this, it means you could make some money.

2pyys6u.jpg

So then you go to the G.E. and invest some money, you decide how much, into the item.

The more money you invest, the more you make.

I've bought some of the item, now what?

Wait for a couple of days, around 2 days and then if the item isn't going up, I suggest you dump it. If it is going up, sell it :D.

You would have made a profit!

My last two succesful mechants, only investing around 5m in each item, overnight:

2w35a3q.jpg

wmcz2p.jpg

Tips:

- Invest in items that change price frequently to make big profits.

- It is crucial to find an item that is used frequently by a large number of players, for example, clay. Some items which work paticularly well are:

- Barrows armour.

- Treasure Trail armour.

- Ores and mining materials.

- High-price armour (for F2P, Rune is quite good to merchant, for P2P, barrows armour).

- High-demand armour (obby capes, beserker rings, obby shields, etc.)

- Buy low, sell high.

- The more you invest, the more profit you make.

- The more you invest, the more money you could lose.

- Merchanting is a very risky business, it is very easy to lose a lot of money in the process.

- If it is your first time investing, try starting off by investing small amounts of money such as 100k and see if you can make a profit and gradually invest more and more.

Happy merchanting!

Edited by pto6

EyeDisturb.gif

Pto6's Ultimate Blog!

Any of those pics will take you to my blog.

If you wanna ask me a question PM me on here or on RS.

<!-- m -->http://youtube.com/godofwar3999<!-- m -->

I like it. You used pictures to demonstrate better than a wall of text could. It was concise and, to my perspective, very accurate. There are some points for improvement, though. You could show that it works. A lot of people likely don't know why when the blue line touches the yellow the price rises, and explanation would be helpful to some. Other than that I love it. Good luck.

Every time the blue line touches the yellow line, there is a price increase, even if it is only a little one.

I know you know this but the way you said it doesn't really tell the readers. There is not a price increase every time the blue line touches the yellow line. When it touches it going up, it's increasing, but it could touch it going down, and be decreasing.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Every time the blue line touches the yellow line, there is a price increase, even if it is only a little one.

I know you know this but the way you said it doesn't really tell the readers. There is not a price increase every time the blue line touches the yellow line. When it touches it going up, it's increasing, but it could touch it going down, and be decreasing.

Fixed that!

EyeDisturb.gif

Pto6's Ultimate Blog!

not bad. theres a bit more to it, though. you have to figure in the demand/usefulness of the item and a rough figure of how MANY of these items are being traded daily. you also have to test and see how many you can buy instant at what prices as this will basically predict if the item is going up or down

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• 4 months later...

Guide has been updated to work with latest item database. Tips section added, some examples of merchanting added.

EyeDisturb.gif

Pto6's Ultimate Blog!

• 2 weeks later...

very interesting guide

usually i dont merch but ill probably have to give it a try ill be sure to refer to this guide if i remember

Did you know?

There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't

4/3 people are bad at fractions

ross905.png

very interesting guide

usually i dont merch but ill probably have to give it a try ill be sure to refer to this guide if i remember

Thanks, I don't merch much anymore but I used to.

EyeDisturb.gif

Pto6's Ultimate Blog!

That's a nice merching guide you got there.

I don't merch, in fact I skill to make money, but I'll use this guide if I had to sometime. :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 weeks later...

I think this guide is Awesome. A lot of people are being sucked in by the merchant clans and losing lots of money. I love the fact that you used pictures to demonstrate your ideas. Helps a lot more then reading a few paragraphs of boring text.. Very nice Guide 10/10

Sig-BlackOps-DjTeryaki.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Good guide. Seems like there could be more detail. It feels verry risky trying to invest from this guide alone. But great guide nonetheless!

There's not a lot more detail he could give short of listing specific items to merch (he did make some suggestions at the end). The problem with that is that not every item works the same way for everyone.

This is an excellent beginning for those interested in trying to solo merch, but don't quite now how. Well done. :thumbup: The only thing I would add is this: Never invest more than you're willing to lose. Any item could crash at any time and you could find yourself losing big.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...