Smithing and Herb questions.

skylor12344

Ok im looking for fast ways to get from 69 to 73 smithing and from 57 to 65 herblore. Currently im thinking about doing gold bars to 73 with smithing but its alot of money lost im going to have a hard time getting back.

1. Whats a fast efficient way to get from 69 to 73 smithing without losing alot of money?

2. Is Serum 207 the fastest and cheapest way to 65 herb?

Iron knifes with sc hammers is the way I'm training to 69 smithing, I'm guessing that it is still one of the cheaper ways to train smithing, and can gain profit if you smelt the ores yourself

Serums are not the fastest by any means, but they are the cheapest. Prayer pots are one of the most cost-effient methods, but no matter how you do it farm herbs on the side to offset the cost.

Best of Luck ::'

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Smithing iron plates with an SC hammer loses only 1m from 69-73. Also smithing iron nails profits if you sell them all to the Sawmill operator.

Serums are right now the second cheapest gp/xp wise, Pray pots being the first. So not only are pray pots faster, they are also cheaper.

This site shows you the loss of gp per xp for each potion.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Potions

bloodfin711.png

Train smithing fast without losing money? I'm sorry, It's one or the other.

i said whats the fastest way to get from 69 to 73 without losing ALOT of money....learn to read jeez before you go shooting off smart remarks at people

I train smithing with the blast furnace. Take some noted mith ore and double that amount of noted coal. Take 3-4 sc hammers (you can bring an extra by turning one of your tools into a harpoon/axe/pickaxe/net and equping it) and a pile of cash for unnoting the ore. Unnote your ore by using it on Ordan and then put it in the furnace. With the bars make mith bolts. They sell pretty well on the G.E. and by using this method you'll lose very little/profit very little. I'm not sure exactly on the exp rate, but I think I can get around 40-60k exp/hour there, maybe a bit more if I'm totally focused and the people there aren't being idiots while running the furnace.

Also, make sure you use the blast furnace world (58 I think.)

Goodluck getting 73. :thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

abc1230 and skylor12344: enough spamming/flaming - BOTH of you. You were both being rude and hateful towards each other and in doing so you were both violating the Tip.it Forum Rules. If you see someone posting spam or flames, you should NOT reply to their post. Replying only provokes them to continue, as made evident by the posts that I have removed. So instead, you should just report their post so the moderators can deal with it and then ignore the post until it is removed.

I would encourage both of you to reread the Tip.it Forum Rules to ensure that this does not happen again.

animreportbanner4ga.gif

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

1. Whats a fast efficient way to get from 69 to 73 smithing without losing alot of money?

Best way (in my opinion) buy gold ore, smelt with gloves, and at the same time, smelt into unstrung necklaces, sell back to G.E. You lose money, but a lot less. You can even string them yourself for fast mage xp.

2. Is Serum 207 the fastest and cheapest way to 65 herb?

The cheapest, or one of, I believe, but not the fastest.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.