Nech Tasks w/Chins

SirHartlar

I'm looking into getting a bit of Ranged exp whilst I slay, and I was wondering what killing Nechs with chins is like in the CT for experience? I am currently Slaying in a very conservative fashion, and I have money to spend on this task. If there are any guides you can point me to that would be great, but I'm really looking for experience, cost and charm rates if that is possible.

I'm guessing it is less exp/hour than at Ape Atoll, but I'm willing to pay that for the fun factor and the fact I'm getting charms. I've only seen one vid on YT and it wasn't very helpful so I still need some advice on this.

Well, here's what Zarfot says in his guide (Quick find code: 98-99-703-58532304, Page 11):

Suggested inventory-

Guthans helm, spear, and skirt (if needed)

House tele tab or Amulet of glory

3 range pots

12-17 prayer pots

2 Saradomin brews (the Death Spawns still hit you a bit)

1 super restore

Food in extra space

See the directions above for instructions on how to get to the Nechryaels room in the Chaos Tunnels.

Put on Protect from Melee and Eagle Eye. If you're spending this much on Red Chinchompas, there's no reason to not use Eagle Eye really. Begin throwing Chinchompas. Try to hit all the Nechryaels at once. When one respawns, throw a chin at it so it comes over to you.

Not only will you kill the Nechryaels very fast, but you will also get tons of extra range xp from the Death Spawns.

With maxed range, this method can give 300 kills (31.5k slayer xp) per hour. It also gives over 200k range xp per hour.

Now, that is no doubt very fast, but what makes this method so debatable is that you also use about 1500 Red Chinchompas per hour, which are worth about 700 gp each. It would take 1.3 hours to kill as many Nechryaels with melee (using Piety and no combat familiar) as in 1 hour of chinning, so you are essentially paying 1.05M to save 0.3 hours (19 minutes) of slayer. That suggests the borderline is a 3.3M per hour value of time, but you also get 87k EXTRA range xp from Death Spawns each hour of chinning, so the borderline value of time perhaps would be more like 2M or less.

I actually had trouble getting the 300 per hour rate that Hot Dog stated though, and have been doing the melee method. I might try this method again sometime though.

It definitely is even less worth it once you can use a combat familiar, however. With piety and a steel titan, Nechryaels are more like 26k slayer xp per hour.

From personal experience i find it best ti use a Forge Regent to help attract the Nechs while fighting them. They are not aggresive if fighting in the CT and the Special of the Regent comes in very handy here. I was also told to click on the Death Spawns when fighting as they have a much lower defense then the Nechs do, and if you don't get a hit on the Nech you dont get a hit on any of the monster.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]