Laptop Screen

Laura

I just dismantled an old laptop from the 90's running a Pentium II. I've asked this question before some two years ago but I wanted to know, now that the screen is disconnected from the motherboard, if there was any way I could use the screen as a stand-alone monitor. Something that could potentially convert the cables to a video input such as VGA. I'll gladly take some pictures of the cables when I find my camera if needed but my phone's 2MP doesn't do it justice.

I don't suppose anyone knows of anything? The motherboard itself has a VGA input and output option. EDIT: The VGA output only has two rows of pins rather than three.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Nope, you really couldn't do that in any simple way, it's really not worth all the trouble.

This.

I looked into doing the same thing a while ago and its a lot of hassle as the monitor needs a power supply, converter, mount and extra cables. The parts to do it are pretty hard to come by and its not as simply as connecting x to y and plug in the cable.

I'll see if I can get the guide as I looking at if your still interested.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I thought of doing this myself with my old PIII laptop I've got lying around, completely disassembled. It certainly doesn't work anymore- Never did (Got it for 10)- But I got a better idea of how the inside of a laptop works and a 40GB hard drive which I now use in my PII (366MHz/256Mb) laptop from '98 that's on Ubuntu. <3: Some people talk about their old cars. Heck, I could talk about my old rigs for hours... That sounds like a topic. :-k

C2b6gs7.png