Compressing video.

I currently have over 17Gb of uncompressed, 1440x900, 24fps video that I would like to post on Youtube. I attempted to compress it with VirtualDub, but it sped the video up, and Youtube didn't even recognize it as HD. What else could I do to get it down under 1gb but still with good quality?

The first compression attempt (massive fail) -

[yt]_8a9pINRyB0[/yt]

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Windows Movie Maker added sidebars with every compression option I tried; are there any other good, free editors?

WMM also has no option for variable FPS, and the FPS for any high-def options is 30, so I get sped up video and jitter artifacts with those as well.

1ekn0o.jpg

Hmm, VirtualDUb should have done it fine. I guess the options and settings can be quite confusing. If you set the codec to DivX, and keep the frame rate at 24, it should be fine.

If not, I sometimes use TMPGEnc for video compressing/converting.

Hmm, VirtualDUb should have done it fine. I guess the options and settings can be quite confusing. If you set the codec to DivX, and keep the frame rate at 24, it should be fine.

If not, I sometimes use TMPGEnc for video compressing/converting.

I didn't have the DivX codec installed. I'll install it and attempt to use VirtualDub again.

1ekn0o.jpg