Question about smithing to 70 from 55?

Guest sharkrfish

Guest sharkrfish

i don`t know what to make at all, i want to go from 55-70 with under 4-5m loss, and i want at least 30-40k exp/hour any ideas?

Making steel arrowheads (which are ~163 gp loss per bar), you'd need 15,009 steel bars. Buying the bars at medium price would cost 9,200,517 gp. Selling the arrowtips at medium price (they will not sell instantly, leave them overnight) would allow you to gain back 6,754,050 gp. Doing this wouldn't take very long, probably a couple of days. Using this method, you lose 2,446,467 gp, which is inside your price range. ::'

Explain.png

at 55 you can make mothril bolts, use sc hammers to accelerate the process. superheat mithril bars for more xp.

you wont lose a lot of money, use penguins if u wish to ake it cheaper and faster

chonchoso.png

Quest Cape achieved on 27/4/09but nomad is preventing me to get it back...

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

at 55 you can make mothril bolts, use sc hammers to accelerate the process. superheat mithril bars for more xp.

you wont lose a lot of money, use penguins if u wish to ake it cheaper and faster

Actually, you forgot the price portion of their question. He would need 11,257 mithril bars, which would cost 12,630,354 at medium price. It would make 112,570 mithril bolt tips, which would then need feathers costing another 675,420. This comes out to be ~13.4m. They would earn back 9,118,170 gp, which makes him lose ~3.8M. Although it would be faster, they lose quite a bit more.

EDIT:

u can also use the blast furnace to make mith bolts(unf) and gain a little bit of profit from it i believe

Yes, but that would require a full team of people working to keep the furnace going for a while, since they're trying to get 55-70 smithing... I guess it's plausible, but since I've never been there, I can't really give advice on this.

Explain.png

Hm, wow...been awhile since I smithed anything. I got to 85 smithing with cannonballs/gold ores--> bars with gloves, and something else that made quite a bit of money. I wish I remembered what it was ..

tax-miley-cyrus_186x200.jpg

RSN: Zammyftw ^^The girl that ruined music.

Actually, you forgot the price portion of their question. He would need 11,257 mithril bars, which would cost 12,630,354 at medium price. It would make 112,570 mithril bolt tips, which would then need feathers costing another 675,420. This comes out to be ~13.4m. They would earn back 9,118,170 gp, which makes him lose ~3.8M. Although it would be faster, they lose quite a bit more.

EDIT:

u can also use the blast furnace to make mith bolts(unf) and gain a little bit of profit from it i believe

Yes, but that would require a full team of people working to keep the furnace going for a while, since they're trying to get 55-70 smithing... I guess it's plausible, but since I've never been there, I can't really give advice on this.

Unf mithril bolts sell instantly, so you wouldn't have to spend extra on the feathers. I made unf mith bolts from 55-70 with sc hammers. Didn't cost a lot and was super fast.
M_A_R_T.png

There's a (usually full) official world for Blast Furnace users.

Not hard to get "a full group" :P

Use this and make mithril bolts.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

It will take a little over 10k gold ores to get to 70 smithing. The cost of the ores, even if you recover nothing from them, will be less than 5m. You can sell the bars to recover 2.3m. Alternately, you can craft them into amulets, and sell the unstrung amulets to recover slightly less, probably around 2.17m. AFAIK, unstrung amulets DO sell, because people use the string jewelry spell to train mage.

So you're looking at losing 2.5-2.8m to get from 55-70 using gold ores. And you have the option of picking up some crafting XP along the way.

EDIT:

who said anything about making them bolts, no feathers!

they sell at the moment you put them on the ge and there is almost no loss.

chonchoso.png

Quest Cape achieved on 27/4/09but nomad is preventing me to get it back...

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!