New Gnome agility extension

The Gnome stronghold agility course extension starts after the first tree branch. If you "climb up" the next tree branch instead of crossing the tightrope, you are on it. That is, if you have at least an Agility level of 85.

XP gained is:

Second tree branch: 25 xp

Signpost: 25 xp

Swing pole: 25 xp

If you complete the entire lap using the extension your total xp per lap is 725.

The total course including the extension is:

* Walk across the tree branch to start the course.

* Climb up the net to end up in the tree.

* Climb up the tree branch to the next level of the tree.

* Climb up once more on another tree branch for the extended course.

* Run across the signpost to the other side.

* Swing to two poles to get near the end of the course.

* Jump over the barrier to slide down a tube and land at the end of the course.

Completing 250 laps using the extended course without failing will get you a nice reward. Talk to the gnome trainers in between to find out how many laps you have already completed. Once you've completed 250 "perfect" laps, you'll get an in-game message that you can claim your reward.

Somewhere between agility level 85 and 99 you will no longer fail the course. This is estimated at level 89.

The Gnome stronghold agility course extension starts after the first tree branch. If you "climb up" the next tree branch instead of crossing the tightrope, you are on it. That is, if you have at least an Agility level of 85.

XP gained is:

If you complete the entire lap using the extension, your total xp per lap is 745.

* Walk across the tree branch to start the course.

* Climb up the net to end up in the tree.

* Climb up the tree branch to the next level of the tree.

* Climb up once more on another tree branch for the extended course.

* Swing to two poles to get near the end of the course.

* Jump over the barrier to slide down a tube and land at the end of the course.

Completing 250 laps using the extended course will get you a nice reward.

This is good, but I'd call the first "branch" a fallen tree or log instead of a branch in your complete directions.

Something like:

XP gained is:

If you complete the entire lap using the extension, your total xp per lap is 745.

* Walk across the log to start the course.

* Climb up the netting to end up on the first tree platform.

* Climb up the tree branch to the next platform level.

* Climb up another tree branch (instead of crossing the rope) for the extended course.

* Swing on two poles to end up atop the tube platform near the end of the course.

* Jump over the barriers into the tube which takes you to the end of the course.

Completing 250 laps using the extended course will make you eligible for the Agility legs which will reduce your weight by 10kg. Level 35 is required in both Defence and Hitpoints to wear the legs, which boosts your defensive bonuses by 40.

The changes I made incorporated information from the KB. In addition, this whole update may fall under the "not posting on the day of release" ban from the crew, but I've seen people posting guides and drop logs before and thought I'd help since you were contributing more than just a "hey, change your guides" update. I'm sure they appreciate the in-game research.

Also, if they were to add in the Barbarian outpost extended information:

XP gained is:

Wall run: 15 xp

Wall climb: 15 xp

Balance beam: 15 xp

Gap jump: 15 xp

Roof slide to complete: 630 xp

If you complete the entire lap, including the start of the normal course and the extension, your total experience per lap is 725.7.

* Use the rope swing

* Walk across the balance log

* Run along the wall

* Climb up the wall near the balance beam and use the spring device

* Cross the balance beam

* Jump across the gap to the roof

* Slide down the roof to complete the lap

Completing 250 laps using the extended course will make you eligible for the Agility top which will reduce your weight by 12kg. Level 35 is required in both Defence and Hitpoints to wear the top, which boosts your defensive bonuses by 40.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

actually, the op simply copied his information from the kb... (which, of course, they have asked us not to do, since they can get that information themselves...)

i know that because its wrong...

the rskb says that the total lap is 745 -- its not, in-game its only 725

the rskb says the last step (over the fence and down the pipe) is 650xp but in-game its only 630...

I didn't copy anything from the KB, when I calculated it myself I thought that the lap experience was 725. All I did was check the KB afterwards to see if I had calculated it correctly. My mistake... never trust the KB to check your facts... :P

In that case, the signpost experience is probably 50 as I calculated it as well (instead of the 25 the KB said it would be).

actually, the op simply copied his information from the kb... (which, of course, they have asked us not to do, since they can get that information themselves...)

the rskb says the last step (over the fence and down the pipe) is 650xp but in-game its only 630...

Well, the OP technically didn't copy it, but you are right...the crew definitely does frown upon submissions that use the KB. The Knowledge Base and even in game messages are sometimes wrong, which is why they insist on actual user testing. I still think the formatting is useful, since that was at least altered.

295/303 Quest Points

Well, the OP technically didn't copy it, but you are right...the crew definitely does frown upon submissions that use the KB. The Knowledge Base and even in game messages are sometimes wrong, which is why they insist on actual user testing. I still think the formatting is useful, since that was at least altered.

Ehmm just to make myself clear... the information I posted is something I got myself from my own experience. I ran over 100 laps on the Gnome extension yesterday before I posted this. That's why I only entered information on the Gnome course, 'cause I haven't done the other one.

I DIDN'T USE THE KB except to check the total xp right after I posted this!!

Man, next time remind me to never try to contribute anything ever again... everyone's a critic these days.

250 laps alone aren't enough. You need to complete 250 laps without failing an obstacle.

That's why it's called "completing", isn't it? Well if that's unclear, thanks for the addition.

Btw, it seems like you don't fail at agility level 99. At least I haven't failed yet.

I didn't copy anything from the KB, when I calculated it myself I thought that the lap experience was 725. All I did was check the KB afterwards to see if I had calculated it correctly. My mistake... never trust the KB to check your facts... :P

In that case, the signpost experience is probably 50 as I calculated it as well (instead of the 25 the KB said it would be).

If you indeed checked this info yourself, then this info is really appreciated. It it true we don't need info on the updates which can easily be found in the knowledge base. However, the knowledge base is wrong sometimes, so confirmation like this is really appreciated.

What we don't want are posts like "there are new agility courses, update it!" What we like are posts "there is a new update and I did this and that research". This one falls in the last category.

One more thing, please don't stop contributing. We need our users to keep the site up-to-date! :D

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

If you indeed checked this info yourself...

Well if you need me to post the screenies of me on the course, I can and I will... If you want me to prove my xp, just check the highscores.

If you're still accusing me of just rewriting the KB, good luck on ya...

And no, the signpost will give 25 xp, I just checked again while doing the extension.

Sliding down the tube will give you 630 xp (including the lap bonus).

Ehmm just to make myself clear... the information I posted is something I got myself from my own experience. I ran over 100 laps on the Gnome extension yesterday before I posted this. That's why I only entered information on the Gnome course, 'cause I haven't done the other one.

I DIDN'T USE THE KB except to check the total xp right after I posted this!!

Man, next time remind me to never try to contribute anything ever again... everyone's a critic these days.

Just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing you. I don't know why you'd even mention using the KB, since you did your own research. The other person was accusing you of copying, but as I mentioned, you clearly did your own work. I think a crew member has already chimed in on the subject. As stated, they WANT people to make good submissions, but do not want plagiarizing. Since you didn't plagiarize, you have nothing to worry about.

295/303 Quest Points

Btw, it seems like you don't fail at agility level 99. At least I haven't failed yet.

i havent failed yet either... (94 agility) though i have only done 177 laps so far...

-- although weight probably makes a difference also (i generally run about -7kg)

i havent failed yet either... (94 agility) though i have only done 177 laps so far...

-- although weight probably makes a difference also (i generally run about -7kg)

I train at 7 kg. Weight probably isn't an issue at 99.

250 laps alone aren't enough. You need to complete 250 laps without failing an obstacle.

Inaccurate. The only obstacle you can "fail" is the sign run, and I failed it several times on the way to 250 complete laps. I still got the reward.

Also to add:

-Failing the sign does not affect the xp for the lap. All it does is slow your lap time down.

-Running at close to my absolute maximum speed, I scraped about 60k an hour on this course at 86 Agility, occasionally potting to 89.

-So far as I can tell, a lap is worth precisely 725 xp, with no decimals. I haven't paid special attention to this, however.

-I believe the no-fail level is 88. I don't remember failing the sign run while potting above 87 (my current level), and I'm approaching level 88. I just failed while potted to 88. Revising theory to no-fail at 89.

NinjaUnderbannerSmallest.jpg

The only obstacle you can "fail" is the sign run, and I failed it several times on the way to 250 complete laps. I still got the reward.

As far as I understand it, a lap in which you failed the sign run doesn't count for your 250 total.

Did you check your total lap count before and after a "failed" lap?

One failed lap doesn't reset your total lap count, it just doesn't count as a perfect lap.

I couldn't check this myself, because I don't fail.

The only obstacle you can "fail" is the sign run, and I failed it several times on the way to 250 complete laps. I still got the reward.

As far as I understand it, a lap in which you failed the sign run doesn't count for your 250 total.

One failed lap doesn't reset your total lap count, it just doesn't count as a perfect lap.

Possible. I didn't check, and it may be true. I can all but confirm it for failures in the advanced Barbarian course, so it should be the same. However, I had been hearing people insist that it must be 250 *consecutive* laps, which praise Jagex is NOT true.

NinjaUnderbannerSmallest.jpg

• 1 month later...

Possible. I didn't check, and it may be true. I can all but confirm it for failures in the advanced Barbarian course, so it should be the same. However, I had been hearing people insist that it must be 250 *consecutive* laps, which praise Jagex is NOT true.

If you fail on an obstacle you DON'T get a lap count (towards the 250) and it's NOT consecutive, you could fail 50 in those 250 laps completed (total of 300) and still get the agility bottoms or top.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• 2 months later...