Necromancer Blunder (Minigame)

RSBDavid

This idea is something I've been thinking upon for a few days so I decided to use a modified template provided by Jagex to express it.

Game Project Name: Necromancer Blunder (Mini-game)

Document Creation Date: July 7, 2009

Author: Baller Playa

Story Line:

The necromancer Zihkaht has accidentally brought back to life previous quest bosses you have fought. They have scattered throughout the lands. You must help him find and destroy the bosses and send them back to the grave.

Game Play Overview:

You will have an isometric top down view, exactly like normal game play, when playing this mini-game. You must have 220 or more quest points, be over 85 combat, and completed these quests: (Insert quests which have the bosses that will be fought), to play this game.

Necromancer Zihkaht is located in an underground cave south of Varrock. When you first meet him you will see a cut scene of him chanting spells and bosses you have fought appearing and scattering away. Necromancer Zihkaht will use his powers to locate the general location of the bosses and you have to find them from there. He will give you a communication orb to talk. As you get closer to a boss, the orb will glow green and as you get further from a boss, it glows red. With higher hunter levels, you will see tracks of the boss. The Hunting skill will make finding the bosses easier.

You are told the general locations of the various bosses are and you are allotted a time limit based on the location to hunt and kill each one. After each kill your timer will reset and possible get a bonus amount of time. If you manage to kill one boss with a certain amount of time remaining, you will receive a bonus time limit for the next kill. If you are killed or fail to kill the boss in the allotted time, the mini-game ends instantly.

There are three modes to this mini-game, safe, dangerous, and clan. In safe mode, you are provided with a few potions and some food to help you. The bosses are about the same difficulty as in the quest. If you die, you keep all of your items. The rewards are of a lesser value then in dangerous mode. In dangerous mode, you provide all of the supplies for your hunt. If you die, you lose all but your three (or four if using prayer) most valuable items. The rewards are substantially greater. You will get points for successfully beating bosses. These points can be traded for rewards.

I am still working on ideas for clan mode. I don't want to make it where you hunt current things like the God Wars bosses and the boss after Summer's End quest. I am thinking about creating new bosses or increasing the difficulty of the current ones when in clan mode.

Some bosses may have potions and food and higher level weapons in both modes. Bosses can also call upon a few helpers to fight along side it.

Technical Overview:

The bosses will be tougher in both modes.An idea for the calculations for the difficulty is that the difficulty will be based on player combat level and death-to-kill ratio from previous game play. Every time the mini-game is completed, the bosses become harder.

Possible glitches that testers and players may come encounter include but are not limited to: Dual- and multi-spawning of bosses, Unfightable bosses, spawning of bosses in water, and spawning of bosses of inaccessible areas.

When the server detects that a player playing the mini-game has been disconnected, it will automatically place the player near necromancer Zihkaht. The player will not get back any

potions or food used up to the point of disconnection. When the server detects that a player playing the mini-game is lagging, it will pause the bosses for 30 seconds or until the player attacks the boss.

Possible bosses:

-The 4 bosses from Desert Treasure quest (not all at once).

-The main boss from Recipe for disaster.

-The boss from Monkey Madness.

-The boss from Dream Mentor

-

-

Only single player bosses will be availiable.

Possible Rewards Exchanges:

- Mobilizing Armies credits

- High level content

- An extra quest point for killing all bosses in a certain period of time.

- New emote

- Gp

- Experience

-

-

Key Selling Points:

This will allow those quest fanatics to go back and fight the bosses they miss as well as use new tactics and gear to defeat the bosses.

This is a great opportunity to bring high level gear and content into the game.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Sounds like a good idea, because there are so many bosses in the game that gives the opportunity for some randomisation. Also, how about letting people with lower quest points in, but they can;t fight the bosses they haven't faced yet? Just an idea.

disturbeda.png

The only foreseeable problem i can think of is the extra qp reward. What about quest capes? and what is the purpose of the extra qp? Also just reading some of the quest suggestions people are suggesting like 4 player quest bosses, what do you do about those? And also I think that credits for mobilising is a bad idea, think about it, you do well in one mini-game and get stuff for another?

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

The only foreseeable problem i can think of is the extra qp reward. What about quest capes? and what is the purpose of the extra qp? Also just reading some of the quest suggestions people are suggesting like 4 player quest bosses, what do you do about those? And also I think that credits for mobilising is a bad idea, think about it, you do well in one mini-game and get stuff for another?

Yeah, the idea could do with some work, but overall the idea is good. Changing or removing a couple of things would be good.

disturbeda.png

• 2 weeks later...