Melee Stat Decision

Zoov

I'll be doing a lot of slaying and I want to focus my melee on one stat in order to be closer to a skillcape. Right now I'm at 80 attack, 76 strength, and 81 defense. For awhile I wanted high defense for its uses, but attack is appealing to me now. I am taking skillcape color into considertion as well, but not that much. Oh, anyone who wants to know, I've got 69 slayer. Which do you think I should train?

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

I was in the same spot as you, i chose attack using the whip and was at 99 attack with 75 def and 80 str. Now im working on 99 def. It would be best to just get them all the same and train on control to get your level. But train which ever you want to train.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

well now that i got 99 def i would say def as seeing it helps alot since you dont have to bank as much. i was like more attack back when i had 90 attack 75 deffence and 99 str as seeing i was always more offensive but now i can tank and camp alot easier. and with barrows armor if you want and bones to peaches you can pretty much stay the whole time for some task

unj238.png

99 defence reached 7/7/09

99 strength reached 12/28/08

barrow drop since 7/7/09

ahrims top(1), guthan spear(1), dharok legs(1), verac helm(1)

I'll be doing a lot of slaying and I want to focus my melee on one stat in order to be closer to a skillcape. Right now I'm at 80 attack, 76 strength, and 81 defense. For awhile I wanted high defense for its uses, but attack is appealing to me now. I am taking skillcape color into considertion as well, but not that much. Which do you think I should train?

a few months ago i was in your boat. i just recently got almight 70 slayer *lol*, and had 82 defense attack and strength. i decided i wanted 85 slayer and trained defense. i am now 85 slayer with 98 defense. persistence pays off. i found if your slaying defense is your best friend, it allows you to finish tasks without banking for food as often = quicker slayer xp. attack would also be nice but i suggest defense

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

Attack and defence are the way to go... Strength is overrated. Although it is a good idea to keep your strength about 5-10 lvls below the others. It IS important to hit high as it does give you much faster xp.

My suggestion would be to get 85 attack and strength first, allowing for efficient training, then take either att or def to 99. Good luck.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)