Slayer and combat training...

jedibob5

So I've been wanting to train my combat lately (which is a lot lower than it should be), so I searched for some good strategies here on the forum. I've noticed that in several threads people say that slayer is a good way to train, but should I do slayer assignments from slayer masters or kill slayer creatures in the slayer tower and such?

Well slayer is a good method if you are not a big fan of combat training.. but it's not the most efficient. It can be very profitable though.

When people say "slayer" on here, they mean getting tasks from slayer masters... so you're covering three or more skills at a time: the melee skill (or if training on controlled, all three: att, str and def), hp, slayer, and possibly other skills indirectly (e.g. collecting charms for summoning, herbs for herblore etc.)

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Of course slayer is good, you kill stuff in a variety of ways. Assignments just add slayer experience to the mix, always good.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

Well slayer is a good method if you are not a big fan of combat training.. but it's not the most efficient. It can be very profitable though.

When people say "slayer" on here, they mean getting tasks from slayer masters... so you're covering three or more skills at a time: the melee skill (or if training on controlled, all three: att, str and def), hp, slayer, and possibly other skills indirectly (e.g. collecting charms for summoning, herbs for herblore etc.)

Efficiency varies from player to player. I call being able to train the normal combat skills, slayer and get charms for summoning to be very efficient. As well as get money to help pay for summoning and the supplies you use to be nice as well.

Now if you like to camp at one monster for unknown amounts of time to get levels then just grind. Slayer is for those who like to break up the grind and get different tasks to kill. Also if you're below 55 Slayer then i say training it is a must as you are able to use Broad Bolts to train range, and those are the best bolts in terms of strength and cost.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

(Sorry for the big bump, but I wasn't able to look at this for a while after I wrote it)

Okay, thanks. However, what I think I'm looking for is a monster that's good CB training and also has good drops. I've been practicing ankous lately, and the most valuable stuff I usually find are the runes... What's a monster with decent drops that I could kill without too much difficulty?

CB Stats:

CB level: 69

Atk: 60

Str: 54

Def: 52

HP: 55

Range:36

Mage: 47

Prayer: 35

Summon: 10

Slayer: 31

monsters as in slayer or normal? basilisks are okif u got the slayer level get uber nat runes herbs rune daggers bestiary says they drop rune scim but i never got one

phixcire.png

D.Drops=Skirt9 Med9 Spear2 Visage2 Legs6 boots35 shield half1 whip15 dbow5

phixcire.png

phixcire.png