[Devblog] Volunteer Moderators + Introduction

RSBDavid

Honestly, in these two blogs, what they said was a whole lot of nothing. Or at least nothing new. We still don't really know how they choose mods, other than their reports, or what they're doing to get more people involved.

It just seemed like the overlying theme was change and this whole team-building, community, teamwork mantra that I've had to hear for a decade. It's like Office Space, but for a MMORPG.

And I swear I can see "Change you can believe in" circling in this Mod's head.

Probably why I'd never be a mod.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I can't believe I missed this topic. I am in total support of them in this new change. I know they have been trying hard to build community, and picking those that help build that community is a plus. But sometimes I think, what point is it if they pick all these high level players/famous players, then are they hoping people follow the leader and be nicer? Oh well, I do think this a good move on their part and can't wait to see what kind of things come out of this. (And maybe see some of the TET get some recognition for their hard work.)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I can't believe I missed this topic. I am in total support of them in this new change. I know they have been trying hard to build community, and picking those that help build that community is a plus. But sometimes I think, what point is it if they pick all these high level players/famous players, then are they hoping people follow the leader and be nicer? Oh well, I do think this a good move on their part and can't wait to see what kind of things come out of this. (And maybe see some of the TET get some recognition for their hard work.)

I missed it also, which is why I bumped it from the second page when I noticed the update on the RS main page. I think another point is that with community leaders, they can see a more substantial contribution to the community than simply by reports, so they know they're getting a good person for the job.

lalalasig2.png

But it makes me think, what can they give to the community that they couldn't previously as a non mod? To me, it just sounds like a recognition/incentive for people wanting to build the community even further. But if it is for that reason, what is the purpose in giving mod powers then? I really don't know what is to be done with "community leaders" but then again I'm out of tune with today's leaders, so I wouldn't even know who to give this to. I hope they do well with it, I really hope it goes over and beyond a symbol of recognition and that these Leaders can do more to help out the community, rather than just presence.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I think another point is that with community leaders, they can see a more substantial contribution to the community than simply by reports, so they know they're getting a good person for the job.

I think this is what matters most. Sending in lots of reports doesn't say much about you as a person, other then that you've skimmed over the rules. Hopefully now we will see more moderators who really know what their doing and can communicate that well.

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.