Reports

Just a quick question when reporting a thread.

When reporting a post, the description of Spam, is basically an advert post for something.

This confuses me, because spam is just pointless posts, not specifically something advertising something.

Which means when i do see spam posts and report them, i usually use the 'other' option, even though it is spam, i feel as if i'm making a bad report if i use the spam option.

So yeah, just asking, is there any chance in changing the description?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Just a quick question when reporting a thread.

When reporting a post, the description of Spam, is basically an advert post for something.

This confuses me, because spam is just pointless posts, not specifically something advertising something.

Which means when i do see spam posts and report them, i usually use the 'other' option, even though it is spam, i feel as if i'm making a bad report if i use the spam option.

So yeah, just asking, is there any chance in changing the description?

I do agree that it does get confusing. You see the advertising part and then think that reporting it under that category is wrong. I don't think rewording it would take too much time.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

First of all, when the forum was first created, the report system came with some pre-made report options. We still use the same spam option that came with the new forum. It certainly isn't too much effort to change it (it takes like 2 seconds) and I agree that it could use some rewording.

And secondly, the category that you report under isn't all that important. No matter what category you choose, we are going to look at the post/thread that is reported and make our own judgement. So you will not get in trouble if you select the "spam" option when reporting a pointless post. We know what spam means and we're aware that there is more to the definition of spam than just spambots or other adverts :) So don't worry about it! Until the description is change (if it is changed) please feel free to report all pointless posts under the "Spam" category.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Well it sems that it's ok to report spam as spam, but it still is confusing to a new user (and an old one like me) having it describe advertising and not spam directly. I think it is worth changing it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^