Matt & Kim

DerekZoolandah

So Matt & Kim are a couple that makes music. :P Pretty simple as that. They recently had one of their more popular songs used in a Bacardi commercial, and that's how I found them, since I really liked that song.

Anyways, here's the wiki on them:

Matt and Kim are an indie pop duo residing in Brooklyn, New York. The group was formed in 2004 by Matt Johnson (vocals/keyboards) and Kim Schifino (drums/vocals).

The two met while attending the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn. They started playing local warehouse shows in Brooklyn. Their simple, dance style rhythms and energetic performances have gained them a substantial local following, and a formidable online presence through social networking and media sites like YouTube and MySpace.

The group released their first full-length, self-titled CD on record label and media group "Iheartcomix", in October, 2006. Matt & Kim played at the Siren Music Festival, a free music concert held in Brooklyn, on Coney Island, and at Chicago's Lollapalooza in 2007, and have appeared on MTV2 as program hosts. Their music video for "Yea, Yeah" has also been shown on the station, and the video for "5K" has been shown on MTV Europe, but was said to be too violent for the US.

Their second album, Grand, was released on January 20, 2009 on Fader Label. They have a DIY attitude towards their music. [1] They also have a wide-ranging musical taste, including top 40 hip hop. [2] They performed at the Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago on July 18, 2009.

In 2009, their song "Daylight" was featured in a Bacardi commercial;[3] the band, however, insists that there are industries they will never collaborate with, such as cigarette companies.[4] The song "Good Ol' Fashioned Nightmare" can be heard in a promo for the upcoming NBC comedy Community. Matt & Kim will also be headlining the 1st annual KahBang Indie Music and Art Festival in Bangor, Maine on August 15th, 2009. They will also be playing at Buzz Beach Ball 09 in Kansas City.

And here's some of their songs:

Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare (I really like this song

Turn this Boat Around (I like this one a lot too)

So I thought I'd just share a band that didn't seem to have a topic here. :P

Read about them in death+taxes. They're really cool, I think. You should read the article, it's pretty good. If it goes down to couples bands, though, I prefer Her and Him. Then again, how the hell can you beat Zooey Deschanel and that one guy?

I might have a crush on Miss Deschanel.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I like their rhythms and everything, it's pretty unique, but I really don't like the lead singer's voice.

Ah really? That's one of my favorite parts, I like how nasaly it is heh :P

Read about them in death+taxes. They're really cool, I think. You should read the article, it's pretty good. If it goes down to couples bands, though, I prefer Her and Him. Then again, how the hell can you beat Zooey Deschanel and that one guy?

I might have a crush on Miss Deschanel.

<3 Zooey. Ever since I saw her in Yes Man I fell in love with her. After Emma Roberts, of course.

Could you find that article for me?

I'm a big fan. I just love their sound. I used "Daylight" in some youtube video I helped my brother made recently. And whenever promos for Community play, "Good ol fashioned nightmare" gets stuck in my head.