F2P Ranging Spots with a decent amount of GP and XP.

Fekambard

While my Wii seems to have stopped connecting to the internet and I'm waiting to see if Nintendo can fix it, I decided to work on a F2P Range/2h Hybrid named 'Detonator V1'.

Quite quickly a problem I faced was how to produce enough GP to build the account. As I train my combat stats I make sure I'm profiting a decent amount.

At the moment I'm training Range at Hill Giants and the profit is great but the experience isn't good. What I'm wanting is a spot that will produce moderate amount of money and xp that isn't too far from a bank and not too crowded, in addition to this I don't want to be eating too often and lose a bundle on food. Is this too much to ask for? After typing this post I'm wondering if it is.

My Stats:

Combat: 40

Attack: 40

Strength: 50

Defence: 1

Hitpoints: 45

Ranged: 41

Prayer: 1

Magic: 25

All other stats are level 1.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips. :thumbup:

2eprbpj.png

Right now you're asking for almost an impossible combination of things. High XP and GP, close to a bank, safespots, AND uncrowded. On top of that, it's F2P so the options are really limited.

If you want decent xp, level 27 minotaurs or zombies in the SoS are good options. Both can be crowded.

Otherwise, safespot in the hill giant place and attack 3 giants at once (Alternate between each of them so they remain yours). You'll cheese off A LOT of people, but meh, oh well :roll:

Otherwise, safespot in the hill giant place and attack 3 giants at once (Alternate between each of them so they remain yours). You'll cheese off A LOT of people, but meh, oh well :roll:

It's things like that that make me wake up each morning.

Just to clarify the xp doesn't have to be high, just a good amount.

2eprbpj.png

You can kill hobgoblins near the crafting guild. Shoot across the water with bronze or iron arrows and telegrab laws, natures, and limpwurts.

Appealing but I'd have to get 33 Magic first... :-k

You're going to want to get that to 37 anyway so you can teleport around RuneScape. A fairly low cost (but relatively fast experience) way to train magic at a low level is to use confuse/weaken/curse while wearing a full suit of metal armor. Be sure to wear a water or earth staff, depending on the spell.

A free method of training magic would be to auto-failcast combat spells in FoG. How do you auto-failcast in FoG? Get a full set of metal armour - any set will suffice - and a regular staff (Not magic staff, not elemental staff). Your goal is to minimize your magical attack bonus.

Next, head over to Fist of Guthix in the wild, run through the mandatory tutorial, and then play. Once in game, if you're the hunted, just let them kill you ASAP. When you're the hunter, find your target and autocast your best spell.

You're almost guaranteed to fail every spell, but that's a good thing. Once has to realize that even at 99 HP with the 5 bandages, the hunted can only give you an extra 75 magic XP (All xp is halved in this game). Take into account that they're probably not 99 HP and the fact that there's a consistent damage while they are hunted, this will amount to quite a bit less.

So the most reasonable thing to do is to simply keep them alive and keep casting.

It's things like that that make me wake up each morning.

Just to clarify the xp doesn't have to be high, just a good amount.

And what do you mean by this?

the only place i can think of is ice giants.

ice giants are in the ice cavern with the blurite ore, i think this would be the best place, its far from a bank(south of port sarim) and you'll have to eat the first 10 minutes(or use safe-spots to kill the ice knights), after that i believe its the best place you could go.