Question about managing a blog.

Beeskers503

I've just started this blog which probably very few of you know. You can click on the link if you want to read it :thumbsup:

Anyway to the question.

When i get a new pic of something that i want to put in my blog i put it in with the rest where ive seen ppl make a new post to put there new pics. I think it looks better if you have it all together in the first post where you started it but then i gotta post "new pics up" and i always feel like i annoy ppl when i do that for some reason. What do you guys think i should do?the way i have been or the way where you make a new post and put your new pics in it?

SODBee.png

99 Range 9/13/09

99 Defence 5/29/10

99 HP 7/20/10

The problem with putting them all in the first post is that it can create a lot of lag and if your blog has more than one page if someone goes to read just the last page to see what you've been doing recently they can't see all the pictures of level ups, quests, etc.

I think that it's best to put your most recent pictures in the first post, and post them in a new reply.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Random pics I just add in a new post, and good pics I add in a new post and my 1st post. I only keep the two latest pics in my 1st post and make the others links. If you want to see what I mean, check my blog, under More Achievements.

Ooh, and I did know. Already posted there :thumbup:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Random pics I just add in a new post, and good pics I add in a new post and my 1st post. I only keep the two latest pics in my 1st post and make the others links. If you want to see what I mean, check my blog, under More Achievements.

Ooh, and I did know. Already posted there :thumbup:

thanks for the post \'

SODBee.png

99 Range 9/13/09

99 Defence 5/29/10

99 HP 7/20/10

Personally, I put day-to-day info in the new posts. If there is a level up, I also add it to the first post making the pic a link to that post in the blog. In order to keep it from taking forever to load, I make the pictures hidden so people can only open the ones they want to see. I also put a copy of my signature progress bar(s) in the first post so new readers can see where I am at a glance.

Take a look at the first post of my blog (*cough* shameless plug *cough*) to see what I mean. The list of level up pics is getting kind of long, so once I reach 99 Mining I'm going to condense them down into a list of links under one drop down tab.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Putting it in new posts can save people the lagg, but honestly, it just becomes annoying to read. You have a first post, barely updated, then all these updates through pages upon pages of blog. To go through them all to see past achievements will just take forever. I'd take lagg over impossible to keep track of.

Some people seem to like the layout of my blog, heck it out and post if you wish :thumbsup:

disturbeda.png